Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New item images

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Xrom's Avatar

New item images

Why? Why?!?
    Please return back old images or let us choose what images to see!

Angry New item images

Please return back old images.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7

terrible

The new images are honestly step backwards .... few of them better mirror their name .... but most of the reels look same to me .... nedan bone chest is a complete joke

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    If i am not wrong, these are the images from chinese servers? I remembee the powdery substance as enchanting vials in the chinese version..

Quote Originally Posted by DontBeStupid View Post
    If i am not wrong, these are the images from chinese servers? I remembee the powdery substance as enchanting vials in the chinese version..
    They look god aweful.

Whats the one called from the trails, blood something.....its now blue. Looks nothing like blood eye or whatever lol.

But in all honesty man, they are bad. I went to enchant, and I dare not use anything now, as I havent a clue, what I do and do not need for stuff :/ (Visual memory for me, more than a text memory).

The new images suck! This is going to make it very difficult to manage inventory. And since when is a bloody eye BLUE????? I know all the complaining will not change ucools mind. logically thinking this generates more sales of gems because this will cause people to mismanage their inventory and buy gems to replace items they did not intend to use on enchantments etc.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Thumbs up Ouch

Very OTT item images

Totally broken the ability to quickly recognise them at a glance

Quote Originally Posted by defenseofevil View Post
    Logically thinking this generates more sales of gems because this will cause people to mismanage their inventory and buy gems to replace items they did not intend to use on enchantments etc.
    Well not really, because you cant simply buy them again. You need to farm them and most people would not invest thousands of gems in a short space to non stop farm.

Also dont forget, your statement may be a little accurate, but a large portion of a games appeal is its graphical aesthetics, so if to a large portion of users something is unpleasing to the eye, they can be potentially be driven away from the game. So if people are being driven away from the game because to them the icons make the game too unpleasing, uCool need to sit and ask themselves, do we revert them back to keep players, or carry on losing them just so we can say, we like them.

Also as DBS said above, the icons appear as though they come from the Chinese version of the game. Now from my perspective the Chinese have always been into their anime and cartoon graphics, but the rest of the world is a whole other market.

Compare Tera & World of Warcraft. Or Guild Wars 2 & World of Warcraft. Comparing these games in a graphical sense to the icons, WoW is more like the icons we just had replaced, where as Tera or GW2 are more like these new updated icons. Yet most people from around the world prefer the graphics from WoW...

Anyway enough rambling and talking crap from me

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Indeed overwhelming... Hope we can have the choice to use the old images...

( and I don't know how many gems I wasted on misclicking buying exp cheese... Maybe not really a waste in the future )
    Last edited by Audryn; 11-26-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    agree. pls bring back the old icon

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    These new images are f*cking ugly

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Oh that's a bloody eye wtf. I thought it was the purple ball .. super confusingggg..

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Crappy icons! D:
    Server 5 (Sniper)

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Xrom's Avatar
    Can anybody from uCool explain what items on screenshot? I doesn't see what it is.
    Attachment 2405

Quote Originally Posted by Xrom View Post
    Can anybody from uCool explain what items on screenshot? I doesn't see what it is.
    Attachment 2405
    Lol gl bud. Tap wildly and hope for the best :\