Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plan your INT against Arcane Sapper, don't make the same mistake

Banned Contributor Level 2

Plan your INT against Arcane Sapper, don't make the same mistake

Arcane Sapper is the most dominant end game character. With end game gear he is hard to kill and does huge damage. You must make sure he doesn't teleport to your weak back line characters. Otherwise anyone with arcane sapper will beat you easily in arena.

Arcane Sapper will always teleport to your highest INT character, so just make sure you don't fully star/enchant your commando and leave shadow (avoid enchanting the INT items). You can also you use an INT tank like Psychopath, Centaur or Warrior Monk. You can also bring a high INT mid-line like your own arcane sapper. If you play a mage team, make sure your old curse or death mage has the highest INT, not your mystic or succubus.

Finally, level up your arcane sapper and abuse anyone who doesn't control their INT!
    Last edited by hitmantb; 11-25-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4 Flare's Avatar
    thanks for advice

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Uber Star's Avatar
    A veteran player from "the other game" told me that Chaplain is a good counter to AS. I already tested her in like 10 fights and the win rate was 50%

She basically resist AS attacks with her purple skill (40% pd reduction) and charm him just before he jumps for second time sending him back to attack his own major INT comrade.

Last edited by Uber Star; 11-25-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

thank you very much

What an amazing tip, thank you very much, hope i can get my top 20 back

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Nice finally a role in arena for chaplain

Silver Member Contributor Level 4 Blues's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uber Star View Post
    A veteran player from "the other game" told me that Chaplain is a good counter to AS. I already tested her in like 10 fights and the win rate was 50%

She basically resist AS attacks with her purple skill (40% pd reduction) and charm him just before he jumps for second time sending him back to attack his own major INT comrade.

I was thinking about the same way but how do you beat her dps lose?

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I try specially as enemy teams when i fight arena.
    Im just 73, but imperial executioner works some times ... good armor high int ... duck .... but it is still like a lottery, and then there is still the rest of the other team

Well, in my server Sapper went mandatory in top 20 since like 9 days ago. I've been testing how to beat him and right now have 3 tactics:

A) Chaplain: already mentioned in previous post. Risky tactic btw, there are more viable counters.

B) Warrior Monk: pair him with a non-mage team to be sure he will be the top INT hero. The enemy sapper jumps in front on him and will die really fast.

C) Mystic + Sapper: this has been my last tactic used to fight Sapper and i love it. Basically it's fighting Fire with Fire.
    Mystic blind its just a HUGE balance changer forcing enemy sapper to miss some hits and at the same time giving your own sapper more survivability. Enemy sapper will die first and yours will carry the fight. (Drunken Master should replace my WC for best AS support)

Last edited by Uber Star; 11-30-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 8

WM +Commando against AS

I am using AS everywhere, almost, since I learnt the lessons...a few.

Commando it will stun the first tank: http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...the-first-Tank

Sooner or later Wind Master ( which is and Int hero) will stun one more.

Some other hero has stun too, even Emberstar has, but his stun is short time.

The "problem" it is, I am able to escape from Commando's stun, then AS jump to back line.
    At the back line it is a Succubus, OC, which I want to kill, usually.
    It happens many-many times to get dot from Succubus(Int) and not able to cast AS ulti, because WM stun with dot on him. Then he fills WM / SUC with 600 killing energy... and they cast 1-2 ulti on my team.

Leaves Shadow has a silence too, but WM really good against him.
    Last edited by heroeszabi; 11-29-2014 at 01:44 PM.
    If you don't like my posts : add me to Ignore your list - open the link here and press YES

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Uber Star View Post
    C) Mystic + Sapper: this has been my last tactic used to fight Sapper and i love it. Basically it's fighting Fire with Fire.
    Mystic blind its just a HUGE balance changer forcing enemy sapper to miss some hits and at the same time giving your own sapper more survivability. Enemy sapper will die first and yours will carry the fight. (Drunken Master should replace my WC for best AS support)

I'm using the same team trading wc for panda (though my team is lvl 75 before arcane gets his second +dodge so it's much less effective). End-game is a problem though since mystic and commando are quite weak. Maybe that changes at lvl 80.

Quote Originally Posted by heroeszabi View Post
    I am using AS everywhere, almost, since I learnt the lessons...a few.

Commando it will stun the first tank: http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...the-first-Tank

Sooner or later Wind Master ( which is and Int hero) will stun one more.

Some other hero has stun too, even Emberstar has, but his stun is short time.

The "problem" it is, I am able to escape from Commando's stun, then AS jump to back line.
    At the back line it is a Succubus, OC, which I want to kill, usually.
    It happens many-many times to get dot from Succubus(Int) and not able to cast AS ulti, because WM stun with dot on him. Then he fills WM / SUC with 600 killing energy... and they cast 1-2 ulti on my team.

Leaves Shadow has a silence too, but WM really good against him.

Yes my as always get stunned whe i fight a team with wm ! ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pandastarfish View Post
    Maybe that changes at lvl 80.
    Of course it changes.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 Suave88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues View Post
    I was thinking about the same way but how do you beat her dps lose?
    Enemy AS will be your temporary Damage Dealer. Enchant skill effect from chaplain.

Drunken master + Mystic + Frost mage + AS is a good combo at arena.. to atk and to defend in arena

Enchant max on frost mage, AS will jump to her.. if lucky she will cover herself with shield then drunken + mystic will make him miss and stun him. Another DPS that is recommended will be leave shadow, by the time AS jump, her ice arrow will be rdy to slow and critical at him.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Jeff's Avatar
    Well I dont have many heroes but I found out Windmaster's stun counters AS quite good for me
    10801723_734250023325406_389683209994709077_n.jpg
    i lost the first one and I was using Leaves, then i switched to WM and it went really good with 3 consecutive victories, hes nearly always top1:
    10649631_734351663315242_7432585977289094215_n.jpg
    Not only do I need to dry my clothes from the rain and sleet, but also from incontinence.