Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Psychopath? Is he worth in late game?

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Questions about Psychopath? Is he worth in late game?

Hello everyone, i would like to know your opinion about Psychopath.
    I am around lvl 70 and really close to chapter 11, so i can get his soulstones pretty soon.
    Is he worth? Has anyone tried him in action and how is he doing?
    I am tempted by his skillz and that CHANCE of getting multiple casts seems so OP if you get lucky enough
    I see him in combo with war chief as a tank in front of him so he could live longer to cast.
    In Middle lane with old curse or succubus or frost mage or luna.
    In back lane with mystic or commando or leaves shadow.

But im not sure if he is worth the time to collect his soulstones... Please give me an advice if u have tried him. What is your idea of the perfect party for him?
    Last edited by Junkies; 11-18-2014 at 11:51 AM.

UP!
    (I guess no one have tested him? Because of the late farming of soulstones?)

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkies View Post
    UP!
    (I guess no one have tested him? Because of the late farming of soulstones?)
    ^probably yes ... ? I think ^^,
    Guild: Elite PH
    Guild ID: 11894
    Server: 15 [Bear Warrior]

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I think there are a lot of heroes with untapped potential, including this one. It is just that people are playing it safe by using the proven ones and not risking (limited)resources on other heroes. There are heroes that work better if they are paired in certain lineups.
    Good game, well played!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    When in doubt, check your Arena ladder and count how many players use him.

If you can't get answer in this forum, maybe you got your answer already = no one ever try to level him up = no good hero.

Cool Psychopath Strong or not?

Hey guys,

Psychopath is an average, not so bad hero perhaps. Because his easy to get through soul stones and more like the same skills as old curse like an overtime fire damage etc. The good thing about him the stun has a chance to multicast as we all know but I think he cast a little slower like tossing the 2nd skill but when look all heroes it does only depend on your preference and combination of a team your gonna build. I am sure though Psychopath can be a helped a bit. Give it a try or look for another hero.

I'm still hoping for someone experienced with that hero to express his opinion...
    Top rank Guild: ~INFINITE~
    Server: 14 Depths Voice
    Nickname: Junkies

+-

Estou usando ele a um tempo ta +2 full ekips as skill e boa o problema dele mesmo tendo muito hp e upado igual a pirata ele morre muito rapido,me parece que os danos nele são muitos forte espero ter ajudado

Quote Originally Posted by plinio View Post
    Estou usando ele a um tempo ta +2 full ekips as skill e boa o problema dele mesmo tendo muito hp e upado igual a pirata ele morre muito rapido,me parece que os danos nele são muitos forte espero ter ajudado
    Sorry mate, i don't understand you. Dont know Portuguese :/How would u feel if u need help and i answer you in my native language which im sure u dont know?
    Please reply to this thread in english.
    Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Junkies; 11-18-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I dont know why but i got him a couple of times in chests and have him already 2* ... but i stopped skilling with purple.
    Unfortunatly his skills really is a bit of luck as it casts sometimes once sometimes three times ... not responisble ... even though it is a nice boost for three of ur team having increased attack speed.
    His dmg overtime seems to get weaker the higher his lvl is. Better choice defi etly oldcurse.

He is falling very fast in the front ...
    His purple skill provides strenght but he is an int hero ... wtf ...
    He got more life yes but still easy to kill.

I stopped even i really liked him and is burn caused good damage also to mid and back line

Still useful for my third trials

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    well not useful

Even at lvl 80.

problem is you need his multicast to come out. If 3x then yes he killed the tank. But other than that.. he is just average.

So its a chance hero..not reliable.. good for attacking but not for defending in arena.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Mystara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkies View Post
    I'm still hoping for someone experienced with that hero to express his opinion...
    As soon as my Psycopath is lvl 70 and *** i'll test him out and let you know

I'm going to put him with Frost Mage and Mystic to see how good Magic Damage he gets with his Double Casts.

He seems to be a hero that is defined by chance, if he manages to do the multi-casts you can win, but if he doesn't you will probably lose.

It's very dependant on chance.
    http://forum.ucool.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30906&dateline=141327  9605

Quote Originally Posted by Mystara View Post
    He seems to be a hero that is defined by chance, if he manages to do the multi-casts you can win, but if he doesn't you will probably lose.

It's very dependant on chance.
    That makes pvp fights so much more interesting. Watching the fights with finger crossed and hoping for THE CHANCE lol
    I am looking forward to hear from you about your future experience
    Im gonna try him out too, but it wont be soon. Maybe a month from now.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    If you can't get answer in this forum, maybe you got your answer already = no one ever try to level him up = no good hero.
    just because no one leveled him up and uses him doesn't mean hes not good it means no one has tried enough to post it in a forum. it also could mean that no one posted it in a forum. it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with whether or not hes good it could mean he doesn't get any voice from players

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Patay View Post
    He is falling very fast in the front ...
    His purple skill provides strenght but he is an int hero ... wtf ...
    He got more life yes but still easy to kill.
    The reason he has a purple that adds STR is because STR adds hitpoints (front line mage) and armor (front line mage) and some physical damage (melee front line) he attacks a total of three times between getting off his spells.
    Melee attack - grenade toss - Haste spell - Melee - Melee - grenade - repeat...

So the Str is not only for armor and hitpoints but for his melee damage as well.

Lastly He shines well when paired with Ice Mage. She buffs his Armor and removes all enemies MR making her a prime candidate for him. Since he does pretty sick damage and has the chance to multi cast spells it makes him that much more potent. As is from Irony in post #11 he does NOT absolutely need to multicast to be useful, of course it is VERY helpful like a critical hit from a spell or attack from any other hero, but it happens very often and even if his DoT Green does not it spreads to other targets on hit. The only difference is if multiple ones land in close proximity they do initial damage then do the DoT damage after splashing. So if one lands close it does only its damage to all targets and then the DoT damage to each target. If multiple ones land they do high burst damage then DoT damage.

His DoT damage is invaluable for Outlands Portal Robot as well as his Ultimate Spell for burst on Outlands Portal Caves.

None of his Individual tanking stats (armor, HP and MR) are at the top of the charts but they are better than some and far from useless. Not only that but if you pair him with a front line tank or someone like Depth's Voice who has supurb control and melee offset or someone like Frost mage who can both assists his damage and his survivability since he already has decent MR.

There are ALWAYS "better" heroes for different situations but UCool wasn't stupid when they put his stones in the late stages to obtain. While he may be obtainable early, staring him up makes him a viable threat if used correctly (like any hero).