Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Shallows keeper

  1. #1
    Banned Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0

    Shallows keeper

    Lately I've been wondering which is the best use for shallows keeper and why is it still worth having him maxxed out. My shallows is 5 stars( as of today)lvl 73 purple+2 maxxed out on skills and enchants. I'm not saying he's not a good tank cos that would be a lie but what's the best use for him? I mean for arena is obviously WC and mystic+oldcurse+windrunner+frost mage+random tank(best death knight) can handle crusade just fine. Why do we keep investing on shallows?

    Thanks in advance guys

  2. #2
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsoui1991 View Post
    Lately I've been wondering which is the best use for shallows keeper and why is it still worth having him maxxed out. My shallows is 5 stars( as of today)lvl 73 purple+2 maxxed out on skills and enchants. I'm not saying he's not a good tank cos that would be a lie but what's the best use for him? I mean for arena is obviously WC and mystic+oldcurse+windrunner+frost mage+random tank(best death knight) can handle crusade just fine. Why do we keep investing on shallows?

    Thanks in advance guys
    nice question mate I maxed mine because Rola told me so, actually theres a lot of talking about shallows if u search the forum but the answers are always the same
    He just doesnt shine, as u said arena is ruled by WC and Panda, crusade by DK/DM and guild raids by Savage one due to major armor reduction.
    when do I use shallows? first stage of crusade as meat tank because I dont wanna risk a premature death of my DK :P

    on a side note, I asked many top players why shallows is so good in theyr eyes, but they never really convinced me! and now that i'm lvl 80 too, I still cant find a good use of it
    Not only do I need to dry my clothes from the rain and sleet, but also from incontinence.

  3. #3
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    27
    I'm a noob who doesn't know anything, but I've heard said that Shallows Keeper is the premier guild raid tank.

  4. #4
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    483
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    nice question mate I maxed mine because Rola told me so, actually theres a lot of talking about shallows if u search the forum but the answers are always the same
    He just doesnt shine, as u said arena is ruled by WC and Panda, crusade by DK/DM and guild raids by Savage one due to major armor reduction.
    when do I use shallows? first stage of crusade as meat tank because I dont wanna risk a premature death of my DK :P

    on a side note, I asked many top players why shallows is so good in theyr eyes, but they never really convinced me! and now that i'm lvl 80 too, I still cant find a good use of it
    Well always good to look into your heroes tab and knew you farmed a 5 star hero..Like u said,

    Best 1st round tank in crusade :P (which my 4 star cleric can do..another major letdown here)

    luckily i stopped exchanging guild coins for him.. wasted about 50 ss

  5. #5
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    45
    Yeah, I build Shadow since day 1 but I have never actually used him except for 1 stage meat tank in Crusade and some campaign stages. He's just so outclassed by other heroes, especially with the introduction of Iron Hoof. Now I think I will have to stop farming him and invest on something more useful like Machinist and Savage One.

  6. #6
    Banned Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by flexr View Post
    Yeah, I build Shadow since day 1 but I have never actually used him except for 1 stage meat tank in Crusade and some campaign stages. He's just so outclassed by other heroes, especially with the introduction of Iron Hoof. Now I think I will have to stop farming him and invest on something more useful like Machinist and Savage One.
    Not all of us are VIP 11 though

  7. #7
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsoui1991 View Post
    Not all of us are VIP 11 though
    But you do know that VIP 11 heroes will come to the game eventually right? I am VIP 4 btw.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •