Thread: Arcane Sapper's Ultimate Skills

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Ferico's Avatar

Arcane Sapper's Ultimate Skills

I'm currently level 64 and really like Arcane Sapper's flexibility with messing the opponent's mid line and backline DPS heroes. He easily outdamages my Old Curse but what I feel underpowered with him is his US classified as a "Magic Attack" instead of a Physical attack. Currently my US does 2k to 2.5k to heroes around my level but his normal "Critical Hits" with the same opponents can reach as high as 6k!

What are your thoughts on this? Thanks, leaders!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Basically the best thing with his US is that he can use it to dodge incoming magical damage. And with the evasion item, it makes him quite tanky.

Quote Originally Posted by justadued View Post
    Basically the best thing with his US is that he can use it to dodge incoming magical damage. And with the evasion item, it makes him quite tanky.
    I noticed it too! It's kind of Succubus' "Immunity trick" during animation of one of her skill. I just feel cheated since one of Sapper's weakness is his very low HP, though he compensates this with his very high life steal rate, I think making his US "Physical" can increase his survivability in every rounds. Imagine him nearing death but slashes a mini AoE at some heroes and tadaaaa, instant potions

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Miserymachine's Avatar
    Team him with a shadow shaman and you're going to have people pulling their hair out when they expect the typical arena layout and get roflstomped by an AS that won't die while it tears their mid and back lanes to shreds.
    Last edited by Miserymachine; 11-14-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    The only use for arcane before level 73 is against 3 middle heroes and with WC to increase his life steal. At level 73 he gets equipment to help him dodge and by level 80 he is one of the best heroes in the game.
    His magical ultimate does damage to whole team and by level 80 it does 5k to all so still very powerful. His physical crits only hit a few heroes.
    He never gets a magic crit rating but overall his ultimate is still amazing doing 5k damage to whole team and getting him out of bad positions so he can heal.
    Last edited by Brute; 11-14-2014 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miserymachine View Post
    Team him with a shadow shaman and you're going to have people pulling their hair out when they expect the typical arena layout and get roflstomped by an AS that won't die while it tears their mid and back lanes to shreds.
    This is really informative to those players confused on how to play AS. I myself figured this out around level 30+ when I fought against an AS and SS combo (Shield + Armor Reduction) in a team which basically AS being immortal. LOL. Though the "Funeral" Shield does not guarantee 100% to be buffed to AS since sometimes my tank (WC) got a beating early and received it instead but he's still a deadly match against Succ/Windmaster/Ferryman/Chap/<Insert more INT heroes> though I find it hard battling against a physical team (Lunar + Leaves). I sometimes add Cleric (Which I am a fan though most think of him as useless) to add more Shields/Heal and let WC/AS do the killing

But still, are you guys not "confused/feeling weird" for him to wield blades yet his US is magical? Would it be OP for him if his US were Physical so lifesteal will be more reliable and look at his Physical Crit Rate, much better damage would be his potential
    Last edited by Ferico; 11-14-2014 at 07:55 PM. Reason: typographical error