Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: server error?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstabby View Post
    As posted above man,

I am all up for fixing bugs and putting things back to how they should have been. But as you know from our PM earlier, this DK hero gave me 30SS as I had a DK. Thats a very valuable 30ss that would otherwise take me 12-18 days to gather from arena rewards, not to mention it being my first clear beyond 5/15 id kinda feel shafted by a gift of 1 mill gold everyone got.

But nah man, I agree it needs fixing and stuff putting back to normal, but I am sure they can do this without affecting people who werent affected by the bug. Even if it means taking a server maint break for 6 hours (which would deprive people of being able to live im sure) while they dig through the DB logs.
    If this effected all servers, it would take a hell of a lot longer than 6 hours depending on the team size that would be working on digging through the databases.

I am one of the guys that ended up using my shards/pots/gold/gems during this time.

If there is a roll back i hope everything gets returned including gold and gems, last i heard people lost gold and gems last time.

Yeah a lot of guys in my server got this.
    Just wondering what the staff is going to do.
    Hope they fix it soon.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstabby View Post
    As posted above man,

I am all up for fixing bugs and putting things back to how they should have been. But as you know from our PM earlier, this DK hero gave me 30SS as I had a DK. Thats a very valuable 30ss that would otherwise take me 12-18 days to gather from arena rewards, not to mention it being my first clear beyond 5/15 id kinda feel shafted by a gift of 1 mill gold everyone got.

But nah man, I agree it needs fixing and stuff putting back to normal, but I am sure they can do this without affecting people who werent affected by the bug. Even if it means taking a server maint break for 6 hours (which would deprive people of being able to live im sure) while they dig through the DB logs.
    Yea i have to agree with u. I dont even mind if they give those affected players 2k gems and make their progess back (if they loses any items, they kinda paid for it as they took advantage of it and tried to keep it in the dark).

Quote Originally Posted by sergesej View Post
    This game is a competition, as it has pvp mode. That is also the reason to pay money for a lot of people here buying crystals. If someone I am competing with gets something for free due to some sort of bug - what for I have spent money?

If the game will not be rolled back or developers will not find a reasonoble solution for all players - I will be asking for a full refund of the money and spend the money in a different project.
    The game is mainly in collecting heroes to build a good team. This bug is killing the main idea of the game. It is not worth my time if main idea can be killed by such a bug.
    It does suck but i doubt it kills the game because others got a small boost. But i guess its hard, the spenders are the ones complaining right now the freemium players are enjoying it

Makes me wonder if they will actually do a roll back, its been almost 6 hrs and they havent done it.

Doing it early will minimize the damage for the clueless ones.

What happened last time?

Quote Originally Posted by Chubah View Post
    Then the issue lies with you my friend, try not to be a pay2win victim, your actions ONLY encourage companies to release pay2win garbage games simply because people are willing to spend tons of money on them.
    Nope the problem is with u. No one cares if u arent affected bcus the mjority are. And who said games like what u mentioned is crap? Unable to afford? Then play it slowly like the rest of us. There are many players who are vip 15, so ure saying this game is rubbish? This game isn't 100% pay2win, infact, it cares alot for the free players . This game is simple pay4fasterprogession, which EVERYONE will reach if given the time. But this bug makes the paying feels worthless if someone who paid 6usd for 2x monthly gem had a huge jump and is almost on par wth a 500 usd paying user. Yes the 6usd guy will eventually catch up, but this "eventually" we are talking about is in terms of months, and this bug made it achievable in just Weeks. If u still cant see the point, go back into ur 1k ranking hole.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    As far as my knowledge about game and been play from pc to console, now is mobile game, the professional of the releaser ( here is Ucool) made the players stay or leave. Heroes Charge is going International but unfortunately the staff still remain. I just not put my money from the first day i join the community, ingame issue, billing issue, etc... Burns of bugs, not worth to invest as rumor said its base of Chinese game.

Quote Originally Posted by JinSR View Post
    It does suck but i doubt it kills the game because others got a small boost. But i guess its hard, the spenders are the ones complaining right now the freemium players are enjoying it
    Well, i did not eexperiencethe bug but if it's as other players said, being ALL items in bag is being doubled, this isnt just a SMALL boost my friend. Soulstones, heroes promotional items (moonglow reels, or item itself), potions/cheese being 2x of what they should be, is a huge deal alright.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    I guess Devs are trying to see how they can fix this. There are 3 major groups that I can see

1) Abusers - Who has already abuse it to the max
    2) Innocents - Who just played as usual using stamina, doing crusade,etc etc.
    3) Those that didnt log in during that specific time and not affected

So damage control is to group 1 and 2.

Tough for devs to differentiate group 1 and 2. However not difficult with some "hours" of effort. They just need to bite the bullet and act now.

They need to make a copy of current database. Take the game down.. Compare with the copy of previous "unglitched" database and see whoever got doubled items needs to be "roll backed". These should be Group 2 as they did not abuse the bug.

Then they need to check the differences in hero stars and soulstones. Those that made a significant jump, they are in group 1.

Once rolled back, they can then ask the Group 2, to submit their claims on items they lost in legit gameplay ie gained from crusade, etc, etc. The copy of current database should verify it.

For group 1, too bad, abused too much, so just rolled back everything, from heroes to hero enchantments to items (like in previous diamond bug).

For Group 3, well some 500k gold compensation to them for the stress they had to endure hehe (DontBeStupid).. chill bro..
    Last edited by irony; 11-12-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irony View Post
    I guess Devs are trying to see how they can fix this. There are 3 major groups that I can see

Tough for devs to differentiate group 1 and 2. However not difficult with some "hours" of effort. They just need to bite the bullet and act now.

They need to make a copy of current database. Take the game down.. Compare with the copy of previous "unglitched" database and see whoever got doubled items needs to be "roll backed".

Then they need to check the differences in hero level and soulstones. those that made a significant jump, they are in group 1.

Once rolled back, they can then ask the Group 2, to submit their claims on items they lost in legit gameplay ie gained from crusade, etc, etc. The copy of current database should verify it.

For group 1, too bad, abused too much, so just rolled back everything, from heroes to hero enchantments to items (like in previous diamond bug).

For Group 3, well some 500k gold compensation to them for the stress they had to endure hehe (DontBeStupid).. chill bro.. it will be rolled back..
    I don't believe it affected all people who were on at that time, I was on for a straight hour doing my daily stuff and suddenly guild chat was spammed with " I got this, I got that 2x". Meanwhilst I hadn't even closed my app once.

They need to make a copy of current database. Take the game down.. Compare with the copy of previous "unglitched" database and see whoever got doubled items needs to be "roll backed". These should be Group 2 as they did not abuse the bug.

Then they need to check the differences in hero stars and soulstones. Those that made a significant jump, they are in group 1.

For Group 3, well some 500k gold compensation to them for the stress they had to endure hehe (DontBeStupid).. chill bro..
    Hahaas thanks mate, yea i got abit(infact alot) tensed up as i just came back from a roadtrip, saw i cant plunder caves, went to forum to search for reason, and to my surprise, some got 2x items. Got even more "wtfmode" when some douchebag/dumbass are even agreeing to this bug. Lmao. Now that i've calmed down, let's not stress the devs/admins too much and let them think of a win-win solution and hopefully it gets fixed asap. Gotta keep the game rolling guys.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7

Yup,

See now this is not unreasonable in my opinion. Take the game down and put it into maint for however long is needed (lol ex wow player here so im not new to this lol).

Falling into group 2 myself I dont mind making a claim, my only concerns would be on how long it would take and what if a wrong judgement is called (not that it should as you said it should be easy to tell from the DB if values look normal).

One exception I would make is that the compensation should be extended to everyone, as everyone was affected regardless of if they were innocent, didnt log in during the time or abused the life out of it.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

hehe. there are people who can spend money on games. :) everything depends on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubah View Post
    Then the issue lies with you my friend, try not to be a pay2win victim, your actions ONLY encourage companies to release pay2win garbage games simply because people are willing to spend tons of money on them.
    Hehe. If You feel that the game is created for players like You (or at least for the ones you mentioned in your message) - I feel that there is no sense to argue with You. You are really living in Your own world.

Such games exist exactly because of people who pay for them. So, please, respect them or join them.
    So, I am sure that developers should do their best to keep happy players who make their profit, but not the ones who got used to use bugs/cheats and so on not only in game but in their real live. Such people usually think that the ones who pay are loosers, as there is always a way to get something for free, cheating someone.

very unfortunate... I've received double ss aswell. First I didn't notice and bought windmaster, I thought I'd lucked off a chest or on crusade. Meanwhile I've upgraded her to max, even skillpoints before noticing that my whole fkn inventory got doubled.

This isn't right and creates a heavy unbalancing issue - it must be fixed. People have to get their money or gems back tho, would be very frustrating and annoying if not!