Thread: Possible Overpowered Team Comp

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Question Possible Overpowered Team Comp

So today I played crusade, and I played against a team 10 levels below me as my 3/15 fight. I put in my sustain/nuke team first, they got smashed, tried my arena phys dps team, destroyed. Tried all combos of my almost 20 heroes that were over level 59 and I finally found a composite that was able to get by them. This proves that the composition can be beaten, but is INCREDIBLY overpowered for obvious reasons.

• War Chief (obviously)
    • Veangence Spirit
    • Commando
    • Leaves Shadow
    • Psychic Sword

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-11-10-40-50.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	1977

These together is too much. One of them needs a nerf, and I'm pretty sure it was Psychic Sword's armor redux that was allowing a hero 10 TEAM LEVELS below me to crit for over 7000dmg. Ive never dealt that much damage EVER in this game, so this definitely needs a nerf of some sorts. I don't have PS so I couldn't tell you what her armor redux is right now, but its probably too much!

Have you guys encountered this composite yet? How did you deal with it, if at all? What are your suggestions for fixing/alleviating this issue in the future, if at all?

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Pretty sure it was warchief critting for 7k? If it is warchief,coupled w armor reduct, its normal, and just u unlucky.. i cant see leaves/vs/commando doing 7k.. not to mention psychic..

Quote Originally Posted by DontBeStupid View Post
    Pretty sure it was warchief critting for 7k? If it is warchief,coupled w armor reduct, its normal, and just u unlucky.. i cant see leaves/vs/commando doing 7k.. not to mention psychic..
    You have to account for his level. He was team level 56, but his heroes were all 55-54. No hero 10 levels below my heroes' levels should be able to deal twice as much damage as one of mine, no matter what team comp you have.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    emberstar at level 57 can crit at over 10.5k, so it is not really tremendous, what you have to ask yourself is why a dps with low health was not killed with you team full of energy from the first/second fight.

You always need to adapt to the oponents, some team have a very dps even if they are very brittle (but can survive thanks to war chief for example). Against higher level opopents in crusade I usually starts with a 8 to 10 level below dps deam that is charged. It enables me to at least remove war chief extra life, or kill succubus, or lunar... it is a small difference (as it charge the other oponents energy) but it usually is sufficient for my main team to go through rather undamage (team with heal).

psychic sword gets killed really easily if she launches her ulti,

also look at the stats, enchanting does count for a lot, one level of enchanting may count as much 1,5 to 2 level of stat growth normal way. A fully enchanted hero might not have much more HP but might deal a lot more damage than the same hero, same level only enchanted at half

Quote Originally Posted by Delrusant View Post
    emberstar at level 57 can crit at over 10.5k, so it is not really tremendous, what you have to ask yourself is why a dps with low health was not killed with you team full of energy from the first/second fight.

You always need to adapt to the oponents, some team have a very dps even if they are very brittle (but can survive thanks to war chief for example). Against higher level opopents in crusade I usually starts with a 8 to 10 level below dps deam that is charged. It enables me to at least remove war chief extra life, or kill succubus, or lunar... it is a small difference (as it charge the other oponents energy) but it usually is sufficient for my main team to go through rather undamage (team with heal).

psychic sword gets killed really easily if she launches her ulti,

also look at the stats, enchanting does count for a lot, one level of enchanting may count as much 1,5 to 2 level of stat growth normal way. A fully enchanted hero might not have much more HP but might deal a lot more damage than the same hero, same level only enchanted at half
    Very valid points. Thanks for the tip, ive actually never thought of sacrificing my B or C team. I always try to keep as many alive as possible. Also, I forgot to mention, the enemy team wasted my main crusade teams QUICKLY. It wasn't at some point in the fight someone got nuked, because I understand that. This was literally the second volley of attacks from the enemy team that dealt that much damage. I'm also going to look into Psychic Sword and see what her ability stats exactly are. If her armor redux is at all close to the other ones in the game, which are mostly single-target, then there is cause for urgent review on this hero.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    The teams I'm throwing at teams with WC as solo tank is Dk/pilot/commando/LG/windmaster,all these have very good energy regain but they also hit the back line,WC on his own left will only recharge DK,but it gets really hard in later purples so you really gotta think,but 5 ults against a team 10 levels down is a instant win

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    To counter strong agi setup, you need two tanks that can withstand heavy damage so WC and DK maybe, an ice mage (yes, you heard me right, she is strong against AGI setup) or an LE, and two backliner heroes with powerful ulti like WM, pilot, or mystic. Never use one tank with an OC, you will be decimated.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    I may encounter such composition but I never have any troubles with those 10 levels below my heroes, most of the time they die too fast to notice which heroes are they.

One thing I notice is the chance, when all 5 heroes in my team have about 30-40% hp and I have to fight player with 5-6 level above my level (often happen at stage 13 or 14), most of the time I lose or win with some die, but there always have 1 chance that my team not only win but also all heroes recover almost full hp.
    Last edited by bin; 11-20-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    AGI setups are not that popular, so as of now, standard WC, OC, and COM with other heroes are staple in the Arena that translate to teams being picked up as enemies in the Crusades. But if you encounter one team with all AGIs with a Psychic Sword, just might be in for a surprise.