Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: your thoughts on the booty cave?

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    It's fun so far.

Our loot is based on how much gold the person has "mined" already. Today our loot is crap but tomorrow it'll be better since everyone would be farming for hours and so on. But that's just my opinion/thought as of now.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    You can also test team configs against other real teams, without wasting Arena and Crusade failures.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Uber Star's Avatar
    It's fun and kinda a challenge.

Rewards on the other hand, are lame. 1 gem per 2 bread it's ridiculous.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeplaz View Post
    So far I think its good, plundered around 20+ gems so far but gold for searching cancels out gold plundered for me.
    How much does it cost you to plunder? It only costs me 300 right now, I've only plundered 6 times though before I had to do irl stuff. My net gain was somewhere around 4-5k per plunder.

Edit; Level 61 btw.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler View Post
    How much does it cost you to plunder? It only costs me 300 right now, I've only plundered 6 times though before I had to do irl stuff. My net gain was somewhere around 4-5k per plunder.

Edit; Level 61 btw.
    Costs me 2000 atm, prices rises quite quickly.
    I think its just due to timing, just got 10k gains from one plunder.
    I'm Level 60

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    The point is it's not just about the reward, it's about having fun battling with people from other server. And from the cave I had one important observation. Many people only build their arena team and don't give a shit about other heroes. That's why when their main team fail, they just cannot pass anymore. I guess that's also the reason why they struggle in Crusade.

Guild chat is no longer guild chat. Its just everyone trying to get people to defend their cave. When someone in guild has an actual question, it gets lost in defence requests.

Greedy

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
    Guild chat is no longer guild chat. Its just everyone trying to get people to defend their cave. When someone in guild has an actual question, it gets lost in defence requests.

Greedy
    Yea I agree.

They need a separate channel for these invites. Its clogging up my whispers and guild chat.

Ah yeah, it rises fairly quickly. I would assume it drops back at the daily reset though. However, if this is to be a fun feature they really need to fix the matchmaking. I just plundered a cave defended by 3 people - nothing higher than level 44.
    I got 14k gold out of it aswell. I kinda feel dirty.

I'm getting enemies 10 levels higher than me sometimes while I haven't met enemies more than 5 levels below me so far.
    for me the gold gain is unacceptable and the gem gain is minimum. dunno looks like like a waste of time.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Give it some time. It's time based!
    I'v plundered couple min's ago on lvl62 account, i'v had gains anywhere from 7-20k.
    I'm not seeing any drop of gems from our side when we lose, dunno if it's intended, but i like it

All in all, concept is pretty fun since u encouter every single setup possible, which gives myself the option to fool around with my own setup.
    Little point of crit would be the flood of invites in chat. That is pretty annoying, even more being 'guild leader'.
    Playing servers:
    -3 Fun server
    -16 Fun server
    -23 Usually top 10.
    -31 Fun server.

Yea I was wondering the same, if someone beats you, do you actually lose gems ? or just whatever you mined + the gems you would've got during mining, because the actual gem count on your char doesn't seem to drop even though you get beaten several times.

It's so fun! It is an additional feature that adds more playability to the short life span per day of the game. I am pretty sure after 9pm most players have nothing much left to do other than occasional campaign raids. Now you get to plunder, mine, what is there not to love about this new feature?

A tip would be to find people of similar levels to defend with you as mentioned earlier how low level defenders can be used to build up energy to wipe the high level defenders.

Free gold, free gems, lots of fun! Would recommend. Only complain is the match making system on how unfair some match ups are. Not only when I face high levels, also applies to how I meet ridiculously low level ones.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    To those that are saying the reward is low, it all comes down to luck depending on
    1)the size of the cave u found to plunder (bigger cave of course yields more potential gold)
    2)the number of hours the opponent team has been mining. (More hours=more gold)

Just fought a team with guild invites, all lv 65 (i am 68) and after i beat all 3, got 50k gold and 3 gems. All that for the cost of 2k gold for searching cost, and 6 bread, which is pretty good ! This means it is a easy 250k gold and 15 gems if u manage to meet these enemies several times, and using all 30 bread u possess. Literally 1/4 - 1/3 of crusade gold, sooooo good!

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by DontBeStupid View Post
    To those that are saying the reward is low, it all comes down to luck depending on
    1)the size of the cave u found to plunder (bigger cave of course yields more potential gold)
    2)the number of hours the opponent team has been mining. (More hours=more gold)

Just fought a team with guild invites, all lv 65 (i am 68) and after i beat all 3, got 50k gold and 3 gems. All that for the cost of 2k gold for searching cost, and 6 bread, which is pretty good ! This means it is a easy 250k gold and 15 gems if u manage to meet these enemies several times, and using all 30 bread u possess. Literally 1/4 - 1/3 of crusade gold, sooooo good!
    Agree with this.. I already got around 300k (forgot to count my gems).. I just wonder if ucool will give us option to buy bread with gems, like stamina..