Thread: Silencer Advice

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Silencer Advice

What are you thoughts on Silencer, specifically for arena? I have searched the forum and have not found much on him. He seems like he has great potential with so much CC but hardly anyone uses him.

How does silencer stack up against leaves shadow, succubus, or old curse? Which 3 would you use in arena? (commando and tank position already filled)

Is silencer worth leveling up?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

I'm waiting for the response, too

I'm level 46 atm and i have a Silencer level 44. From other topics, i saw people give him a good rating

Silencer Aka Saif - adventchaos
    Good : Middle lane, high physical dmg mage class that is excellent at dealing with opposing mage type heroes. His ulti, GS AND BS all silence enemies whilst doing moderate to heavy damage in the process.
    Bad : His own magic resist is fairly low, his armor is low and crit chance is quite low. As long he is protected by a good solid front line, there isn't much else bad about him!
    Overall Rating : Campaigns (9/10, Arena (9.5/10), Crusade (9/10)

But i don't know how to use him more efficient, especially in crusade.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 8

it isn't bad, can be used at arena, if skilled

Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
    What are you thoughts on Silencer, specifically for arena? I have searched the forum and have not found much on him. He seems like he has great potential with so much CC but hardly anyone uses him.

How does silencer stack up against leaves shadow, succubus, or old curse? Which 3 would you use in arena? (commando and tank position already filled)

Is silencer worth leveling up?
    Like every hero it really depends where are you using: green arena, blue arena, epic arena.
    It also depends if you are a higher VIP user or a free / low user, because a free one can afrod to level /upkeep less.

Silencer should prevent from magics casting and most ulti are magic.
    But some spells are subjects of exceptions.

It is not a bad hero, but is not so good as if you want to level only 5-6 then he is 1 of those 5 ( at least not for me). He can be used at Arena, even at epics.

If you can level up 10 or more hero, then for sure you will level it and you find your way how / where to use it at Crusade, Campaign.

If you got it from first boxes and he is a 3 star green, than is a super good vs 1 star hero in green.

The typical epic arena for free / low vip users:

War chief
    Old Curse
    Commando
    Leaves Shadow
    1x Random.

That random in the most case is a dps, in this case is a CC a few cases is another tank.
    Many use Lunar Guardian instead

This 3 are with Silencer in top 50 => 6%

Now if I say YES it is good then 94% will write "oh no again you are so wrong"
    If I say isn't good, than "Look there are even top players with that"

-feel free to do some experiment and take your OWN decision.
    Last edited by heroeszabi; 11-02-2014 at 01:46 AM.
    If you don't like my posts : add me to Ignore your list - open the link here and press YES

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Actually, that info is a little wrong.

I use a purple silencer, his BS does not silent, its a small aoe energy drainer, which usually activates on the mid line enemies, letting you cast your US faster.

His purple skill is quite strange, it makes his normal attacks work on both magic immune and physical immune enemies while also doing much higher damage than before PS.
    His PS is also supposed to be 100% hit and ignores dodge.

His CC is good but his damage is nowhere comparable to OC because only one aoe, no damage US and his attacks are kinda slow.

so the conclusion only good for crusade/campaign (for immune enemies) ? personally i found silencer is not good enough in arena , Leaves have better option for silent and damage , not purple yet cause hard to find purple fragment XD

Bronze Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by kirlein View Post
    so the conclusion only good for crusade/campaign (for immune enemies) ? personally i found silencer is not good enough in arena , Leaves have better option for silent and damage , not purple yet cause hard to find purple fragment XD
    Should I post again?

Quote Originally Posted by heroeszabi View Post
    It is not a bad hero, but is not so good as if you want to level only 5-6 then he is 1 of those 5 ( at least not for me). He can be used at Arena, even at epics.

-feel free to do some experiment and take your OWN decision.
    - is the shorter version better?
    Last edited by heroeszabi; 11-02-2014 at 02:31 AM.
    If you don't like my posts : add me to Ignore your list - open the link here and press YES

Quote Originally Posted by heroeszabi View Post
    Should I post again?

- is the shorter version better?
    Thx for your suggestion , do you know how much +damage on PS skill ?

Quote Originally Posted by kirlein View Post
    I think its supposed to go like this in arena,
    Silencer drains mid line energy , your team does their US first because yours fill a little faster
    Old curse releases his ice CC, your aoe dps release theirs, killing at least one and freezing the others.
    Then silencer US silents every survivor so they can't use their US and you finish them off.
    This plan only works if opponent has lots of magic based heroes of course.

Purple frags really are slow to hunt.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    The big problem is: silencer US doesn't silence any enemy's US I think. I have used him so many times in arena, Mirana and drow always get to cast their ulti after global silence. I believe even certain BS and GS skills can't be silenced too (like brute or kunkka BS). Can someone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by nic7410 View Post
    The big problem is: silencer US doesn't silence any enemy's US I think. I have used him so many times in arena, Mirana and drow always get to cast their ulti after global silence. I believe even certain BS and GS skills can't be silenced too (like brute or kunkka BS). Can someone confirm this?
    Mirana(Commando) US is magic so it can't be cast, Drow(Leaves) is physical so it can be used. Any GS/BS/US that does not specify its magic damage can be used.
    Thats why I said its only against magic heavy opponents.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4 Cinder-Fall's Avatar

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplaz View Post
    His purple skill is quite strange, it makes his normal attacks work on both magic immune and physical immune enemies while also doing much higher damage than before PS.
    His PS is also supposed to be 100% hit and ignores dodge.
    My friend,
    His purple skill is Holy damage,
    Holy damage in this game = true damage in games like League of Legends.
    It ignores damage modifiers such as armor, magic resist or immunity.
    so 500 holy damage will be 500 holy damage no matter what armor or magic resist the enemy has on.
    This sort of makes up for his poor crit ratios.
    I hope that helped in some way.