Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vengeance Spirit or Old Curse for arena??

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Vengeance Spirit or Old Curse for arena??

Hi everyone, I just picked up a vengeance spirit from crusades today, and now I'm not sure how to make my arena team.

I was originally going for
    War Chief, lunar guardian, leave shadow, old curse

but now that I have vengeance spirit I'm not sure whether to replace old spirit with her or not. Both my old curse and vengeance spirit are 3*. Can any high level players please give some advice? I know most people use old curse in arena, but some high rank players use old vengeance instead. Which one is better?

And thanks

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Jeff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VoicePassive View Post
    Hi everyone, I just picked up a vengeance spirit from crusades today, and now I'm not sure how to make my arena team.

but now that I have vengeance spirit I'm not sure whether to replace old spirit with her or not. Both my old curse and vengeance spirit are 3*. Can any high level players please give some advice? I know most people use old curse in arena, but some high rank players use old vengeance instead. Which one is better?

And thanks
    they're both similar heroes, heavy aoe damage and aoe disable ultimate.
    Vengeance spirit seems optimal on paper, because shes agility based and can benefit from lunar, leaves and commando buffs.
    On the other hand Old curse can literally block enemy ultimates! u know how it works? Olcurse uses ultimate, after 3 seconds the whole enemy team will get iceblocked, if any enemy hero gets full energy in that time and uses his ultimate, will just have it ruined and energy bar burned to zero without being able to do damage, and it happens quite often!
    old curse seems also slightly superior on damage even without buffs... so i think its situational and totally up to you, there isnt a wrong choice for sure. I go with oldcurse and im doing just fine with that!
    Not only do I need to dry my clothes from the rain and sleet, but also from incontinence.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Mystara's Avatar
    From lvl 1-45 or so, when i just started playing and was slowly but steady learning the game, i used what was useful at the time, ie what i currently had. No plan, no strategy whatsoever.
    And what i had at that time was the standard heroes you get from the start + some heroes i got via lucky chests in either Crusade or from gold Chests. (Succubus, Warrior Monk etc)

So it was a mish-mash of physical and magical heroes with no specific gameplan behind it at all.

After 45 i used a Magical Team and had great success with it.
    Succubus was my main damage dealer back then and Imperial Executioner my main CC-Hero.

Another good team that's very efficient in Arena is War Chief, Old Curse, Commando, Lunar Guardian and Leaves Shadow.

But after lvl 50 or so, i started to appreciate the synergy between some of the Physical Heroes more and switched it around a bit.

Even though Old Curse has great CC, i never really liked that flying thing, and instead of following the majority of the players, i created a team that was physical team, removing most of the magical heroes i so loved to use before.

After implementing Shadow Shamans Armor-Reducing Magic to the Team, i started to notice i did more than twice the damage what Succubus did with Lunar Guardian. And then i was hooked on Physical Prowess combined with Armor-Reducing skills.

So my idea was, put some Physical Buffers and Armor Reducers and some good Physical damage dealers in the Team!

---

So nowadays at lvl 60 i mainly use these heroes for my Arena-Team:

Savage One (I chose Savage instead of War Chief mainly because of his super armor reduction, high life and lifeleech, but mainly for the superb Corrosion skill which reduces around 100 Armor!)

Shadow Shaman (Healing when needed, but mainly for his Armor Reducing Aura that reduces the whole teams armor with 50, and it stacks with Savage Ones skill! That Shaman also Shields Savage helps alot)

Commando (She was in my team from the start, thanks to her Buffing both the Physical Damage and Agility of the Team!)

Lunar Guardian (The one doing most of the damage, almost three times as much as Succubus did thanks to all the Phys Buffs and Armor reduction! Lunar herself boosts the teams Phys damage!)

Vengeance Spirit (I replaced Leaves Shadow with Vengeance even though Leaves buffs the teams Phys Dmg.
    Vengeance has great spread of her Physical Damage as well as Energy Steal, and her Petrify has saved the day on several occasions!)

-

But if you prefer Dragons and Reanimating Skellies,
    i fully recommend War Chief, Old Curse, Commando, Lunar Guardian and Leaves Shadow.

Even though Old Curse has impressive CC, i prefer the Physical Synergy in my team.
    And i love the Petrify-effect more!
    Last edited by Mystara; 10-29-2014 at 12:49 AM.
    http://forum.ucool.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30906&dateline=141327  9605

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Uber Star's Avatar

And thanks
    I'm 74 and i'm rotating both depending on enemy team. If they have good magic resist or 2 frontline i go straigth for VS, otherwise OC works better.

Quote Originally Posted by Uber Star View Post
    If they have 2 frontline i go straigth for VS
    Why if I may ask? shouldnt oc works better agaisnt tanks since her damage is magic and not physical?
    Not only do I need to dry my clothes from the rain and sleet, but also from incontinence.

to prevent them charging energy and at the same time loading her energy faster.

Her Blue skill sucks when the enemy have just one tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Uber Star View Post
    to prevent them charging energy and at the same time loading her energy faster.

Her Blue skill sucks when the enemy have just one tank.
    Right, it makes sense! I'll try that

Thanks for the responses! So I guess I'll keep both and just swap depending on the team I'm opposing.

@uber star
    I'm curious, how do you know the team composition you'll be facing in arena?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Mystara's Avatar
    Thanks for the responses! So I guess I'll keep both and just swap depending on the team I'm opposing.

@uber star
    Click the players portrait before clicking Fight!

If you don't like any of the Players team setup, click refresh
    http://forum.ucool.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30906&dateline=141327  9605

@uber star
    Put your beautiful finger on the enemy avatar and you can see his lineup.

Woah I didn't know that! Thanks guys!

Simple

@uber star
    Simply click their avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by deadwin123 View Post
    Simply click their avatar.
    ---> Put your beautiful finger on the enemy avatar and you can see his lineup. <---

Make sure you put a beautiful finger! Not sure if it works with an ugly finger, or even an average one...

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Both my old curse and vengeance spirit are 3*. Which one is better?
    I think you should get rid of your impression its one or the other. I actually frequently check up on older servers and see what top 10 players use, when people use vengeance spirit its WITH Old Curse too!

The one I'm looking at right now is running Leaves Shadow, Vengeance Spirit, War Chief, Commando, Old Curse.

I think you should experiment if you can afford to! Running the team ^ and trying running it with Lunar Guardian instead of Leaves Shadow. GL!

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccinoman View Post
    I think you should get rid of your impression its one or the other. I actually frequently check up on older servers and see what top 10 players use, when people use vengeance spirit its WITH Old Curse too!

The one I'm looking at right now is running Leaves Shadow, Vengeance Spirit, War Chief, Commando, Old Curse.

I think you should experiment if you can afford to! Running the team ^ and trying running it with Lunar Guardian instead of Leaves Shadow. GL!
    You need both Vengeane and Old curse at 4 stars and purple + 1 to work. Else at 3 stars and purple, both just dies roughly the same time and most of the time only 1 gets to ulti.

At 4 stars purple +1, it is alot better.