Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cappuccinomans 1-50 Guide For New Players [Spoiler]

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccinoman View Post
    I don't know if you read my guide, but trying to do 15/15 crusade without Chaplain is silly in my opinion. You should have Chaplain in every crusade level. Also you spent a lot of gold and items advancing heroes you won't use, I'm guessing your top 5 aren't max skills because of this. You need to focus more purely on 5-6 and not all your heroes. Your line up is fine if you sub out Emberstar for Chaplain. (Warrior Monk, Lightning Master, Ice Mage, Commando, Chaplain).

Now a problem that I see from at least the last 3-4 people asking advice, if you level up and skill up all your heroes the game will match you against opponents based on your best 5. For instance in your case you have a 3 star soulhunter, 3 star warrior monk, 2 star savage one, 2 star cleric and 2 star admiral. You will never do crusade with those 5 heroes all at once, but the game will match you against stronger opponents because those heroes you've upgraded are high power level. So now any time you use your 1/2 star heroes in crusade you will feel much weaker than your opponents.
    Yeah I did, therefor I started leveling my chaplain.

Only got 19/10/1 in skills on her though, guess I should max out the 3rd and get 30'ish in first?

Also, should I hire a DK or try with my Warrior monk?

Thanks alot for the help

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Croix View Post
    Yeah I did, therefor I started leveling my chaplain.

Only got 19/10/1 in skills on her though, guess I should max out the 3rd and get 30'ish in first?

Also, should I hire a DK or try with my Warrior monk?

Thanks alot for the help
    Max 1st and 3rd skills, don't bother with 2nd skill on chaplain.

I think Death Knight is the best for crusade so if you can find a Death Knight merc same level I recommend using it.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 8

maybe the crusade opponent matching formula has changed in this days

Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccinoman View Post
    I'm guessing your top 5 aren't max skills because of this. You need to focus more purely on 5-6 and not all your heroes. Your line up is fine if you sub out Emberstar for Chaplain. (Warrior Monk, Lightning Master, Ice Mage, Commando, Chaplain).

Now a problem that I see from at least the last 3-4 people asking advice, if you level up and skill up all your heroes the game will match you against opponents based on your best 5. For instance in your case you have a 3 star soulhunter, 3 star warrior monk, 2 star savage one, 2 star cleric and 2 star admiral. You will never do crusade with those 5 heroes all at once, but the game will match you against stronger opponents because those heroes you've upgraded are high power level. So now any time you use your 1/2 star heroes in crusade you will feel much weaker than your opponents.
    Hi Cappuccinoman,

In this days I have changed a few things in 1 of my account.
    In other account I had no time: so no changes.

Or its badluck for me in all of my accounts or the opponent matching formula has been updated and is not valid what it was a few weeks ago.

A few weeks ago: around level 32-35 I just hired a level 37+ tank, maybe lvl 39 and it was easy 15/15 clear. Now it isn't working.
    Around lvl 44-48 I could clear or do 13/15 in most case with 3 dps +2 support + 2 tank + 1 mercenary. Now it isn't working that tactics.

I am suspecting it is changed in this way:
    Stage 1 got what you got: hero power , arena rank, idk...
    Stage 2 opponents depends on stage 1 hero used. It is easier than stage 3, but for me stage 2 wiped my hired, geared tank at stage 3 needed to use my owns, and that tank was higher level and more trained ten mines. Ofc that I used at Stage 1. It could be just a bad luck, but previous days too couldn't go with the hired tank more than 3 stages.

Could you check this and in case if you find it true update the guide please?

Ofc I don't have DK and can't hire it from guild -and I am bored changing guilds.

Hint:
    - if you click on hero you will see a hero list.
    The first time is loading slowly ( if you have 17 hero and not just 5) then the second time faster. I think the first time he makes a sorting too by power. So on the top 4 it will be your maxed hero. If you add gear / exp / skills it won't refresh, but if you press Back and Hero again you will see the updated hero has changed the position, enchants doesn't count

I believe the formula takes tis in consideration:
    - your top 4 hero, because he expects to have a mercenary of your team level. Example:
    My top 44 hero power and level:
    -46 - 2002 - 3*
    -46 - 2058 (has enchant) - 3*
    -46 - 1979 - 3*
    -46 - 1943 - 2* - I don't use this in crusade, but other which has lower Power as number.

Now from here it will calculate I have an average of 1995.5 power for lvl 46 x4.
    He will calculate the expected mercenary power of my team level: 50 , let be 2500 or even more?
    - then he will find a team which meets my team power and stage 1 condition:
    Power 10,482 x dificulty_factor_for_stage_1 ( x 0.9 example) = 9,433
    If I didn't hire a level 50 hero, because that wasn't a tank or it was an untrained or for any other reason I hired a lvl 48: I lost almost instantly the mercenary.

At least this is hapent with me in this days and until now it was total different...

- maybe they saw my thread "how to raise the team level gap between hero" and they "fixed" this hole.
    - I don't mind, but they has changed the formula.

- At stage 4 or 5: I got a pack of hero of +1 or +2 of my level , which wiped my whole team1 and needed to continue with team2. Lvl 47or 48 were they can't remember but those were 4 or 5. This setups until now it was at stage 13, 14

- also on the other accounts I met changes. Now I can't clear it, not even 11/15. I will adapt, if I will play, but with that account it was easy 15/15 until now.
    Last edited by heroeszabi; 11-09-2014 at 09:35 PM.
    If you don't like my posts : add me to Ignore your list - open the link here and press YES

Need advise for my team build

My team's lvl 48
    Here's my hero list:
    1. Admiral *2
    2. Brute *3
    3. Lunar Guardian *3
    4. Commando *2
    5. Leaves *2
    6. Chaplain *2
    7. L Master *2
    8. Silencer *2
    9. S Shaman *2
    10. Ice Mage *2
    11. Sniper *1
    12. Machinist *1
    13. Rifleman *1

What hero i must pick for crusade(1st team 2nd team), arena, campaign?

For Crusade, my axe and admiral cant tank until 15 stages now, I cant hire DK on my guild because my lvl doesnt meet the requirement.

Crusade stage 2 opponent matching formula differs from others, a lot

Clearly visible the second stage has a completely different algorithm matching. I don't know what takes on calc, but it can miss terribly.

In may case:
    It was inactive this account for a while( weeks maybe)
    Stage 2/15 wiped 3 teams and the 4th team cleared it. If I would try it with the top ones it would be a wipe.
    I had no mercenary hired. -this cave drains all good heros and heroes level 1 are shared.
    My team level 49
    Hero level: 6x49, 1x47,3x45, and a couple of blue+1: 38-43

Arena ranking it was around 700-900(and couldn't do even 7-8 stages), when I played active, now it is 6k.
    Last edited by heroeszabi; 11-13-2014 at 02:02 PM.
    If you don't like my posts : add me to Ignore your list - open the link here and press YES

final stages aren't so hard as stage 2

I don't know what was at Stage 2 formula really, but clearly something can be go terrible

Hi I need some help with the setup of my heroes and didnt wanted to open a new thread, so ill just ask here.

My heroes:
    Brute (3*)
    Soulhounter (3*)
    Cleric (1*)
    Admiral (1*)
    ---
    Lightning Master (1*)
    Emberstar (1*)
    ---
    Commando (1*)
    Wind Master (3*)
    Leaves Shadow (1*)
    Chaplain (1*)
    Sniper (1*)
    Rifleman (1*)

My Team Level is 38 and im VIP 3.

Which setups would you recommend me for Arena/Crusade/Campain?
    And which heroes should i focus on (thinking of late game for example)?

I would be really gratefull for some help and thanks for the nice guide

Quote Originally Posted by Sumyana View Post
    Hi I need some help with the setup of my heroes and didnt wanted to open a new thread, so ill just ask here.

My heroes:
    Brute (3*)
    Soulhounter (3*)
    Cleric (1*)
    Admiral (1*)
    ---
    Lightning Master (1*)
    Emberstar (1*)
    ---
    Commando (1*)
    Wind Master (3*)
    Leaves Shadow (1*)
    Chaplain (1*)
    Sniper (1*)
    Rifleman (1*)

My Team Level is 38 and im VIP 3.

Which setups would you recommend me for Arena/Crusade/Campain?
    And which heroes should i focus on (thinking of late game for example)?

I would be really gratefull for some help and thanks for the nice guide
    Your case is relative simple:
    Since just 38 you need those which has 3*, and unlock others, improve what you can:

Commando is prefered my of of the community and is easy to get the souls: he is good everywhere - almost. Get it to 3* from Crusade. 1 slot is solved.

Brute is very nice tank until you get an epic war chief ( 51 ) I like the Shallows keeper, but you can't compare an 3* hero with 1*. Brute anyhow is good at arena from what you have. At crusade, I hope you can get a DK or a 3* SK, or Brute need to be paired: he loose HP

Soulhounter: is a frontline, usually nobody likes it. But it is at 3* and your Brute may die in Crusade, need a replacement... so I would level it and gear it, but not train to max just to 80% later will be replaced, altough I have seen somebody at Arena with him along WC, I did a Crusade with a hired Soulhunter and I loved it, it isn't popular and for sure it is a reason for that. - maybe not everyone get it from chests.

Cleric+Admiral: I like both, but the community members hate Cleric they find useless. Admiral at higher level becomes strong ( 80 ) and from personal experience the 2* isn't a toilet paper like the 1* at this level! - so if you take to 2* than is ok, otherwise not: 1 map to farm.

LM: not at Arena, because he is replaced with Old Curse, Vengeance and other Aoe dps with CC. At Crusade is fine, I like he is charged fast, but others are replacing. I have replaced me too him with Pilot, since is easier to farm the souls.

Emberstar: I have seen at top arena with 3* and 4 * after the epic spell has fixed. At 1* is weak, at 2* at this level is nice (I have played with). Anyway he is a tank killer, not tricky, not CC, not fun, just hard dps.

Wind Master: - because he is 3*. At crusade is fine, at Arena... depends, some preffer to spend the coins on commando instead. You should use it now, but not spend on his souls, since you need commando a lot more. Train it.

Leaves Shadow: everybody likes, just me not. Slowly charges, hits hard, usually others are using at arena and not at Crusade. Easy to get 2*, I would get it.

Chaplain: needed for crusade, need to farm his soul stones, as the war chief ones.

Sniper: it will be good at Raids, not now, leave it as how it is

Rifleman: sinucide... he tis the closest target, is good to hit AS or the tank. Tank can be hitten with Emberstar. As Isaw in other posts he is really good at 3* at raids

At Campaign is relative easy:
    -just level up gear up and even not need to have the max skill, but it help the star number in the team -at this level-
    - if you can't pass a stage just level up the hero set with 2-3 and add a new gear and you pass it. Ofc it help a good setup, but leveling many hero leads to other problems.
    Why are you staying and need to level just farm soul stones from elites and collect gears for next hero color, simple.

Take the War Chief from Souls, Pilot 2*, Mystic 2* after Commando 3*.
    From Arena take the: Old Curse
    From Guild coins is hard: I like more

This is my opinion, others may differ!
    Last edited by heroeszabi; 11-13-2014 at 10:35 PM.

team setup advice needed

Hello,
    I'd also like some team setup advice, i'm level 40 currently.

I'm mainly interested in arena advice, would be great if you could give me a few different team composition options.
    I'd also appreciate advice for campaign too, feel free to give crusade advice but i currently go 15/15 pretty easily anyway.

Thanks for the help!

my heroes:

death knight 3*
    professional killer 3*
    master mage 3*
    wind master 3*
    savage one 2*
    old curse 2*
    leaves shadow 2*
    silencer 2*
    cleric 2*
    commando 2*
    ice mage 2*
    chaplain 1*
    admiral 1*
    emberstar 1*
    shallows keeper 1*
    lightning master 1*
    arcane sapper 1*
    mystic 1*

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cho View Post
    Hello,
    I'd also like some team setup advice, i'm level 40 currently.

I'm mainly interested in arena advice, would be great if you could give me a few different team composition options.
    I'd also appreciate advice for campaign too, feel free to give crusade advice but i currently go 15/15 pretty easily anyway.

Thanks for the help!

my heroes:

death knight 3*
    professional killer 3*
    master mage 3*
    wind master 3*
    savage one 2*
    old curse 2*
    leaves shadow 2*
    silencer 2*
    cleric 2*
    commando 2*
    ice mage 2*
    chaplain 1*
    admiral 1*
    emberstar 1*
    shallows keeper 1*
    lightning master 1*
    arcane sapper 1*
    mystic 1*
    Prepare a war chief for your arena team after purple.

You arena team should be something like WC,OC,WM,Commando,LS
    Or if you want a double tank team, Savage,WC,OC,Commando,LS is a decent team too.

Silencer is useful against magic heavy teams, but those get rarer as your level increases.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    I disagree.

Admiral is a great hero. Her Ghost Ship is uber useful as it can damage, stun, and disable units who are in the middle of casting ultis/spells unlike Cleric's useless immunity heal. Plus, I already have an Enchantress for healing my team and she can enchant an enemy unti to turn against it's team. Waay more useful than Cleric.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Hello i'm new here and i think this guide rock!

i'm playing on server 33 now level 43..

My hero now
    Brute*** 43 B+2
    Lighting elemental*** 40 B+1
    Chaplain** 43 B+2
    Pilot** 43 B+1
    Leaves shadow** 43 B+1
    Shallow keeper* 43 B+2
    Commando* 43 B+2
    Mystic* 39 B+1
    Admiral* 39 B+1
    Emberstar* B+1
    Lightning master B+1

I'm now collecting ice mage (16/30), Old curse (15/30) to replace lightning elemental and pilot.. Also i'm collecting warchief (16/30) and planning on upgrading shallows keeper (16/20).. Am i on the right track? I can only beat crusade 1 of 5 try yesterday using death knight mercenary but mostly i'm stopped at 12-14.. Any suggestion for crusade line up for my team? Thx before guys..

Started on a new Server and i've got this Heros:

Front:
    Psychopath 1*
    War Chief 2*
    Admiral 2*
    Savage One 2*
    Cleric 1*
    Arcane Sapper 1*
    Shallows Keeper 1*

Central:
    Ice Mage 2*
    Succubus 3*
    Emberstar 1*
    Lightning Master 1*
    Imperial Executioner 2*
    Silencer 2*
    Necromancer 2*
    Machinist 1*

Back:
    Commando 1*
    Wind Master 3*
    Leaves Shadow 1*
    Poisoned One 3*
    Professional Killer 3*
    Mystic 1*
    Chaplain 2*
    Sniper 1*

Arena
    Psychopath , Succubus , Commando, Wind Master , ???
    at 50+ im using War Chief or could i use it right now?

Crusade
    Psychopath , Succubus , Commando, Wind Master, Chaplain (no DK available)

Campaign
    Psychopath , Succubus , Commando, Wind Master, Ice Mage

should i change my setup?
    what do you think?
    Last edited by FirstPirate; 11-17-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Hello! I'm new over here and I want you to know my team and if you can help me with some advices (:

Team lvl: 40.
    Server 31. Kron.
    Heroes:
    -Cleric. 1* Blue+1. Lvl 40. Skills 10/23/5
    -Succubus. 3* Blue +1. Lvl 40. Skills 40/40/20
    -Lightning Master. 1* Blue +1. Lvl 40. Skills 15/15/1
    -Chaplain. 1* Blue +1. Lvl 40. Skills 40/8/11
    -Commando. 1* Blue +1. Lvl 40. Skills 40/40/20
    -Leaves Shadow. 1* Blue +1. Skills 15/10/1
    -Emberstar. 1* Green +1. Lvl 31. Skills 3/3
    -Mystic. 1* Green +1. Lvl 30. Skills 10/5

My main team is the first 5 heores of the list. I've saved actually 2335 gems to roll 10 purple chests.

Farming Crusade for Wind Master, 30 stones away from her.

Thank you and greetings

Hi guys!

First of all thanks a lot to Cappuccinomans for creating this guide. It's really helpfull for begginers ( its a shame I discovered now ).

I must be the weakest player in my server.

Im lvl 36, and I have only 7 heroes.

FRONT:

1. Admiral 36. Blue +1. Main Skill lvl 35. Green Skill lvl 21. Blue Skill lvl 3.
    2. Shallows Keeper 32. Blue. Main Skill lvl 11. Green Skill lvl 4. Blue Skill lvl 1.

CENTRAL:

1. Ember Star 36. Blue +1. Main Skill lvl 20. Green Skill lvl 8. Blue Skill lvl 1.
    2. Lightning Master 36. Blue +1. Main Skill lvl 20. Green Skill lvl 10. Blue Skill lvl 1.

BACK:

1. Chaplain 36. Blue +1. Main Skill lvl 20. Green Skill lvl 8. Blue Skill lvl 8.
    2. Leaves Shadow 36. Blue +1. Main Skill lvl 20. Green Skill lvl 8. Blue Skill lvl 8.
    3. Professional Killer 36. Blue. Main Skill lvl 11. Green Skill lvl . Blue Skill lvl 1.

That's my team. Can you help me a little bit? I would appreciate any help, for example: "Dont waste any good in this hero, or improvi this hero untill lvl X, or something like that".
    BTW, I can't win in arena. Should I play vs more ranged people? or vs more leveled people?
    Thx in advance ^^