Thread: Best Tank that I can choose in my situation

Best Tank that I can choose in my situation

Hi all, at the moment I have a dilemma:

My tank at the moment is Admiral/3stars/Purple+1. Sadly I found that I can't keep her alive, she is takin way to much damage.
    I' am thinking about changing her, but at the moment I don't have a lot of options, I can choose between

- Shallows Keeper
    - Admiral (that I don't like)
    - Savage One.

What would you chose? I am still far away from the Deathknight sadly, or the Brute.

Thanks
    ex

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Shallows Keeper is on par with War Chief - They are considered to be the best 2 tanks.

Death Knight has overwhelming sync with Chaplain from 30-50 but you will find out after 50 is isn't as great as Shallows Keeper or War Chief.

Gl!

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Smile Savage One

Have a Try with Savage One.

I prefer Savage One than Shallows.
    Why?

At Purple Skill:
    Savage One has plus to strength w/c is passive and adds attack and HP.
    Shallows get Armor more w/c is also passive good for receiving physical attack.

I believe, armor can't resist the magical damage.
    So I prefer additional to HP (and atk) w/c can help your tank do his job longer.

And I really like the debuffs of Savage One rather than Shallows.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I use shallow and savage one, their armor reduction stack creating nice crits. Just add physical dps.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Shallow for me.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 8
    "My tank at the moment is Admiral/3stars/Purple+1"

Why don't farm War Chief souls? -everyone has it at purple area.
    Honestly I like Cleric at campaigns under Purple.
    I am playing up to lvl 48 on multiple accounts: 2 main and around 10 more trash.

At chapter 7 couldn't finish one of the last stages, I have tried in all ways: 1 tank, 2 tank, 2 healer and the result it was: Chaplain + DK, AS. Because AS jumps and not need to kill they tanks first. But needed DK to protect him and Chaplain tho heal him, and needed full enchanted gear, with with him it was possible and with others not.

At blue level with Admiral I am going with full dps: 4 and fully raised skills, so he has no time to die at 3/3. Is a lot harder than with DK, or Brute.

So the proper questions isn't "which tank?", but:
    "I have the following team of dps and support and the following tanks. Which one needs to be changed in Arena/Crusade/Campaign?"

Until we don't see the team and the desired usage hard to give a good advice.
    BTW: at epic free users are using this: War Chief + Old Curse + Commando + Leaves Shadow + 1x random what they got and like. Just check the top 50 Area in different servers.
    If you don't like my posts : add me to Ignore your list - open the link here and press YES

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Miserymachine's Avatar
    Gotta get yourself a WC. Once you hit purple it's a downright shame to not have it. The self rez is such a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Miserymachine View Post
    Gotta get yourself a WC. Once you hit purple it's a downright shame to not have it. The self rez is such a game changer.
    Thank you all for the answers. I forgot to write that I actualy have War Chief, purple 2 stars, but he dies really really quickly. I use him for the crusade as a backup but as a main tank he dies in 4 hits....

I am levelling up my Shallows Keeper and I'll let you know.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Invest your WC, forget others until Lvl80 if you consider Arena.

WC is like melting butter but it's a tank (i call dead meat) and can absorb many dmg while 4 dps-cc behind finish the battle.
    Server 3 - Emberstar

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    unfortunately after the introduction Commando,

Shallow is almost useless in both arena and crusade. Death Knight is a must in crusade and War Chief still rules as king of Arena

If you have seen late game ie at lvl 80, Shallow is not used at all, there are popular combinations like

1) Warchief solo with Tusked Storm as backup tank
    2) Death Knight Solo with Frost Mage giving him enhance armour
    3) Warrior Monk with Panda up front.

But I have not seen Shallow used. Maybe like another poster said, Shallow + savage one, but unfortunately both lack CC other than their ultis, which they might not last till then.

Combination of above works because of either cc or enhance armour and still no major minuses in damage dealing.

So i'll still stick with your War Chief in Arena and hired a DK for crusade.
    Last edited by irony; 10-25-2014 at 11:28 AM.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Jeff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by irony View Post
    unfortunately after the introduction Commando,

Shallow is almost useless in both arena and crusade. Death Knight is a must in crusade and War Chief still rules as king of Arena

If you have seen late game ie at lvl 80, Shallow is not used at all, there are popular combinations like

1) Warchief solo with Tusked Storm as backup tank
    2) Death Knight Solo with Frost Mage giving him enhance armour
    3) Warrior Monk with Panda up front.

But I have not seen Shallow used. Maybe like another poster said, Shallow + savage one, but unfortunately both lack CC other than their ultis, which they might not last till then.

Combination of above works because of either cc or enhance armour and still no major minuses in damage dealing.

So i'll still stick with your War Chief in Arena and hired a DK for crusade.
    WC + Panda is also very popular on my server!
    Not only do I need to dry my clothes from the rain and sleet, but also from incontinence.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Ok the fact you stuck with admiral till purple is scary but it's a learning curve,i think I read in this thread that DK is good till lv50??? Don't ever give advice again seriously I'm not kidding,WC is worthless in crusade but he's king in arena,your crusade team at any level should be DK and 4 heavy hitters Dps that have high energy regain(windmaster and old curse rule at this ),Dk with ult and 4 strong Dps with ults at the start of every fight then it don't matter if there 5 levels up on you there dead SIMPLE,this advice only helps people that are fully up to date with ALL available gear and enchanted,the rest well get used to 4/15 you be there a while and arena don't bother If you still have admiral at purple+1 sorry that's shocking
    Last edited by Godsend; 10-25-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks to everyone for the answers.

I've been doing some tries with my Shallows Keeper, and even if he not even 2 stars yet, and his abilities are still low lvl, he survives a lot more than Admiral
    so I am pretty happy.

I am of course saving up to get the Deathknight, but I think it's gonna take a while.

Cheers
    Ex

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 DexterX's Avatar
    i use shallows with DK in crusade, charge shallows to full mana, and at the start of battle, cast his ulti.
    That way, the opponent team with commando cant stun ur team AND their commando's powerful buff is almost all wasted.
    Oh I like you. Dayyum.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    SK is good for early/mid cause of his high HP , but after purple i think WC give more value with High Damage and Revive , all you need is second hero who has CC (OC / VS / WM are good option)