Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please fix Crusade!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Please fix Crusade!

Crusade should be a fun and challenging experience for your level. I'm finding this to be far from the case. More than once now I've been eliminated halfway through Crusade, not because it was too hard, but because I never had a chance. I've worked hard on my crusade team. I have almost maxed skills and enchants. What I don't understand is why the game would pit me against an opponent 4+ levels above me.

I have had my full team of 5 completely anihilated with no losses to the other team of 4.

To fix this, please base opponents by team level, not power level.

Having it set by power level allows other players to coin-lock other players. If I lower my level this way, I can limit coins others would have gained from crusade, which means lower level players growth is slowed. Why is this allowed?

I totally agree with what Ulkaur said.

Many friends from our guild have the same issues. Under current crusade matching mechanism, the opponent is selected based on total team power. Some sick top players intentionally put only 4 heroes into their team, in order to artificially reduce their team power. As a result, a lvl 50 team leader will encounter a level 55 team with only 4 five star heroes. We all know that 5 lvl are a huge gap and as Ulkaur said above, there is no hope to overcome this.

I don’t believe either team leaders or ucool feel happy to face this ironical situation, because it will deeply compromise the gaming experience of majority of players, and in the end, it will significantly reduce the user base for this game.

However, it is quite simple to fix this problem. I just throw a few ideas here:
    1. Simple not allow a team with less than 5 heroes showing up in other people’s crusade.
    2. Instead of using totally team power, using average team power to determine who we should face in a crusade.
    3. Using leader’s level, instead of total team power to set up the crusade.

We really hope Ucool could response to our request, and do something to fix it ASAP. Otherwise, more and more team leader will leave this game. Eventually, those “sick top players” will also leave because nobody else could be screwed up by them.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    I know it's a serious problem for the average players but it's not easy to fix as you think as it involves changing the whole matchmaking algorithm. However I think there's a simpler solution to this problem. They should allow the players to refresh their opponent once or twice to bypass the anomolous cases, the new opponent should also have a similar power level with the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by ykiller111 View Post
    I totally agree with what Ulkaur said.

Many friends from our guild have the same issues. Under current crusade matching mechanism, the opponent is selected based on total team power. Some sick top players intentionally put only 4 heroes into their team, in order to artificially reduce their team power. As a result, a lvl 50 team leader will encounter a level 55 team with only 4 five star heroes. We all know that 5 lvl are a huge gap and as Ulkaur said above, there is no hope to overcome this.

I don’t believe either team leaders or ucool feel happy to face this ironical situation, because it will deeply compromise the gaming experience of majority of players, and in the end, it will significantly reduce the user base for this game.

However, it is quite simple to fix this problem. I just throw a few ideas here:
    1. Simple not allow a team with less than 5 heroes showing up in other people’s crusade.
    2. Instead of using totally team power, using average team power to determine who we should face in a crusade.
    3. Using leader’s level, instead of total team power to set up the crusade.

We really hope Ucool could response to our request, and do something to fix it ASAP. Otherwise, more and more team leader will leave this game. Eventually, those “sick top players” will also leave because nobody else could be screwed up by them.
    1. I think they can just by pass easily by putting 2 more lvl 1 heroes in the team.

2. Same as 1. If they have 5 heroes with 2 lvl 1 and same total power, they will have the same average power as us.

3. This is good but still not ideal. The purpose of crushade is to fight opponent equally or a bit stronger than you. If matchmaking is lvl based it is very unfair. Even for the same lvl, there's a vast difference in power. Sometimes you get matched with abandoned accounts and get tons of easy wins.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Yeah refresh an apponent would sort that out but I hate to be a dick about this but we all know people will complain unless there 15/15,I don't want that to happen,crusade is the main draw for me and I love that it's hard so I'm happy with 11/15 with the occasional 15/15,the problem is bad players will always complain and I bet if you look at their team set up/enchants etc you would instantly know why they fail,that's where its hard to determine a proper matchup as I would hate if crusade became easy,bar the odd day you get a team 5 lvs higher I love it so please don't make it easy,if a player sets out the wrong team with same power then they will lose SIMPLE(not saying it's you so don't get excited)

I think refresh button is a really good idea. Probably not very easy to implement

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Those of us that are in higher pvp ranks are forced to lower our teams so that we lose rank and are able to fight again. Let's say your rank 1 and stay there, you can't do pvp quest as you don't have any opponents. The game forces us to power down. I never drop down so far that I meet easy opponents in crusade though.

Crusade is hard and should be. To successfully complete 15/15 every time, I may go through 10 units. You can't survive this game with working on only 5 units, you should at least have 10-15 ready to go if possible. Yes it's time consuming, yes it's expensive. But you'll make the money back from crusade AND you'll have more options during pvp. I never use the same 5 units over and over, my opponents don't allow it. lol
    Drezzok lvl 63
    Server 14 Depths Voice
    Officer in guild Revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Drezzok View Post
    Those of us that are in higher pvp ranks are forced to lower our teams so that we lose rank and are able to fight again. Let's say your rank 1 and stay there, you can't do pvp quest as you don't have any opponents. The game forces us to power down. I never drop down so far that I meet easy opponents in crusade though.

Crusade is hard and should be. To successfully complete 15/15 every time, I may go through 10 units. You can't survive this game with working on only 5 units, you should at least have 10-15 ready to go if possible. Yes it's time consuming, yes it's expensive. But you'll make the money back from crusade AND you'll have more options during pvp. I never use the same 5 units over and over, my opponents don't allow it. lol
    I think it's another flaw of the game. If you are rank 1, you should be able to fight rank 2,3,4,5 and so on to test your own power. It's ridiculous that they force the top player to derank to do quest. Also this game needs moar pvp, 5 times a day is waaaaayyy too limited.

PS: But is it really that hard to derank? You can just ask your guild mate to do it quickly, no need to take off 1-2 hero and leave it the whole night, making people's lives miserable in the process.
    Last edited by flexr; 10-23-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Banned Contributor Level 2
    This is so easy to fix, just match raid leader's highest possible team power, instead of what they have as their active team for arena. The Chinese version of the game (#1/#2 top grossing in China, makes million of dollars a day) does not have this problem.

http://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/app...grossing-ranks
    Last edited by hitmantb; 10-23-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    The only problem is that idiots can't complete it as they use stupid heroes and focus on 5/6 instead of keeping 10 at the same level constantly so you can rotate group,this will never be fixed cause it requires a half a brain to play(sadly not all seem to be born with one),I'm only vip5 but it's after keeping me till lv63 to fully work with the 8/9 heroes I have chosen,I'm happy when I complete it as I know I worked my system well,people WON'T STOP COMPLAINING unless they get things handed to them on a plate,crusade is fine as it is,even if there 5 levels up on you with a 2nd team on full ults you can damage them enough for your main team to easily finish the job off,I'd love to see pictures of failed crusades a d the heroes used

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    [QUOTE=Godsend;42088]The only problem is that idiots can't complete it as they use stupid heroes and focus on 5/6 instead of keeping 10 at the same level constantly so you can rotate group,this will never be fixed cause it requires a half a brain to play(sadly not all seem to be born with one).[QUOTE]

Since you didn't understand the original post, let me explain it better. I'm not crying about how difficult the correctly positioned fights are. I've ended fight 15/15 with 2/5 characters left. What upsets me is I get paired with someone much higher level, meaning I get no resists on his specials, he gets resists on all of mine, has possibly better ranked gear and definitely has better damage/defense.

You say I need to level up more characters, and that solves that. Well, if i get decapitated at match 6/15, my coin amount is also cut off. With lower coin amount my training points get limited, so slower progression. That I have completed 15/15 before, I know I can. When I can throw all 22 characters I have at the same team of 4 and they were never reduced below half, with no healer, it's not a fair fight.

I don't need you to uderstand. If you do, great. I want to bring this to the developers so they can determine if it's what they intended.
    Last edited by Ulkaur; 10-23-2014 at 09:56 PM.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    It isn't hard to derank. I still use 5 units, just not my best ones. I do though still use units that will still be a challenge for most top 50.
    Drezzok lvl 63
    Server 14 Depths Voice
    Officer in guild Revenge

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Epic

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend View Post
    The only problem is that idiots can't complete it as they use stupid heroes and focus on 5/6 instead of keeping 10 at the same level constantly so you can rotate group,this will never be fixed cause it requires a half a brain to play(sadly not all seem to be born with one),I'm only vip5 but it's after keeping me till lv63 to fully work with the 8/9 heroes I have chosen,I'm happy when I complete it as I know I worked my system well,people WON'T STOP COMPLAINING unless they get things handed to them on a plate,crusade is fine as it is,even if there 5 levels up on you with a 2nd team on full ults you can damage them enough for your main team to easily finish the job off,I'd love to see pictures of failed crusades a d the heroes used
    This is the most epic post I've seen. I totally agree.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    [QUOTE=Ulkaur;42091][QUOTE=Godsend;42088]The only problem is that idiots can't complete it as they use stupid heroes and focus on 5/6 instead of keeping 10 at the same level constantly so you can rotate group,this will never be fixed cause it requires a half a brain to play(sadly not all seem to be born with one).

Since you didn't understand the original post, let me explain it better. I'm not crying about how difficult the correctly positioned fights are. I've ended fight 15/15 with 2/5 characters left. What upsets me is I get paired with someone much higher level, meaning I get no resists on his specials, he gets resists on all of mine, has possibly better ranked gear and definitely has better damage/defense.

You say I need to level up more characters, and that solves that. Well, if i get decapitated at match 6/15, my coin amount is also cut off. With lower coin amount my training points get limited, so slower progression. That I have completed 15/15 before, I know I can. When I can throw all 22 characters I have at the same team of 4 and they were never reduced below half, with no healer, it's not a fair fight.

I don't need you to uderstand. If you do, great. I want to bring this to the developers so they can determine if it's what they intended.
    I feel so sad. Not only in game but also in real life, resource allocation never be easy. You need to calculate, execute and also, some luck.

If you don't get enough, spend only when necessary.

10-12 heroes is a must for crusade, but not all heroes' power and skills need to be maxed. You just need strategy, and there is no one could do for you.

For your resist problem, I intentionally put all my heroes at lvl56 for a week and team level grow to 60. I will always face 58 at 11, 59 at 12, 63 at 13 and 64 at 14, 15. And those players are from top 5. I could still clear 15/15 everyday within 30-40 mins. I uses 13+ 1 hired heroes, 7 of them are maxed to all,
    DK, Vengeance, OC, Chaplain, WC, SL, Commando

Others only get level and key skill (1 per hero)maxed
    AS, Mystic, WM, Master Mage, LE, Shallow

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2291.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	1409

What about guys like these?
    Encountered this guy for three days straight now.
    Always wipes out/kill at least 2 units and somehow always in the early stages.
    My heroes average 46~48, so no strategy is gonna be able to stop this guy from crippling my team.

I even had a day where I encountered this type of guys 4 stages in a row, what strategy do you think will work then?