Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Closed Beta Server Maintenance

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    i think this has the makings to be a great game. lets hope they stick with it

I'm experiencing the same problem. I sent a message to evony, but no response yet. IF I hear anything, I will post it.

I hope this is not due to a cyber attack on evony. I am having the same problem, and it seems to be everyone. It has the making of a hack job, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    well after seeing 10 pages of gripes i would say post no more.
    let evony know we are done caring and move on. if it comes back it comes back.
    if not well then. we see they cared about getting their game that generates income
    back on but this trial well. now we see where their true colors lie. any one think about
    that?
    they say they have redundant sites so where are those? why hasn't the backup kicked in?
    i say oh wells. oh and since no one has said it that i have seen,
    happy new year all.

Any word? maybe there is an announcement over on age1 or 2 side of things. wouldnt think they would fail to announce here if they did there or vice versa. been over 24hrs now since i can even log in. Where is evony located in the world for commanders of evony, we should write snail mail. lol

agreed ics...

i just started clash of clans, same game, maybe better cust service

Don't worry guys, they just went for a New Year vacation... They will be back soon... :0) HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL...

Stay cool guys after this you will have your 100 gems. lol!

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    i think i will check out that Clash of the Clans game.

Okay, first everyone should get things into perspective:
    1. You do not own the game nor do you have a vested interest in it except for the time you voluntarily spent.
    2. There are real people that work for Evony. They too are allowed to take holidays and spend time with their families. You do not pay their salaries.
    3. COE was/is a BETA server. They do not owe anyone an explanation as to why or what is going on. It is, however, obvious that the game is down. Complaining about it will not make it go up any sooner. They most likely took the server down at this time to work on as it was the time they expected to have the lowest user rate.
    4. Try to remember this is just a game. If it is all you have going on in your life you have more issues to deal with than the game being down.

With that said, Happy New Year. I hope the year treats you well.

Pasty

well patsy you are definitely toeing the company line so I suspect you are in middle management. not one of the ones who ever are affected by problems but the one who when is told to deal with it you delve it off to another. perhaps you are in fact a evony developer in cognito mode.

but for me yes I do have no other life than the online one I have with this game and 2 others, so when it is not doing right it actually messes up my entire existence. my computer is never turned off, the games are never not in real time mode. and quite frankly coe was the only game that was beating back boredom.

as for them having a life and enjoying holidays they are not of Christian make and neither adhere to them nor do they consider them important other than trying to pacify those who do. and yet another issue to stop your pacific values is that they managed to fix the paying game of tynon not only once but twice in the last 24 hours. face the truth patsy, they are ignoring this game. plain and simple.

prob got shut down by clash of clans for theft

I am happy that game is down.
    Let's have fun in real life.
    And hope that game will be with less errors when start again.

Quote Originally Posted by pasty.dunbar_7172104 View Post
    Okay, first everyone should get things into perspective:
    1. You do not own the game nor do you have a vested interest in it except for the time you voluntarily spent.
    2. There are real people that work for Evony. They too are allowed to take holidays and spend time with their families. You do not pay their salaries.
    3. COE was/is a BETA server. They do not owe anyone an explanation as to why or what is going on. It is, however, obvious that the game is down. Complaining about it will not make it go up any sooner. They most likely took the server down at this time to work on as it was the time they expected to have the lowest user rate.
    4. Try to remember this is just a game. If it is all you have going on in your life you have more issues to deal with than the game being down.

With that said, Happy New Year. I hope the year treats you well.

Pasty
    Pasty, You may find that due to the gamers playing, technically, we do own the game. Without us, the staff assigned to this game wouldn't be working on this game and therefore, may not be employed. It would of been nice, respectful and a 'thank you for playing the beta version' message which none of us had which leads me to think it is either A) bad customer service or b) something else has happend. Remember, things like this dont just affect peoples thoughts on this game but also the rest of the games they run/produce. Previously, we have had messages to say whats going on, this is not normal. It has probably had a detrimental affect on this game to not just us users who have been testing the beta version but also any future players. How did evony become so big... try word of mouth from other players who have played which give reviews.