Thread: Gold dissapearing

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Gold dissapearing

I had 1.5+million in gold was working on getting enough for a superbow even sold a christmas tree went in to do a match and came out of match after winning more gold and it all dissapeared except for 200k I didn't get attacked by the map or by a match hit !!! the gold was just gone!!!! this has happened to me at least 2X before(i did turn in a support ticket about it before ) I know this game is still in beta but I spend money on it and when things VANISH for no reason it gets me a bit IRKED!! I WANT MY GOLD BACK!!!!

support does not respond

turned in a support ticket on this the same day I posted the original post and never gotten a reply seems like ucool don't care about this game or our bug reports I think evony needs to buy this game back at least they tried a bit harder lol and yes I did spend some coin on this game that is my decision if no one likes that go play farmville oh wait that is who owns this now so I guess we are all playing it no wonder why their is no support any longer lol

Heresay

this has been going around realm chat for a while but show me the proof IE messages by them that they are not supporting this game any longer this game is owned now by the same people that run farmville and other online games I doubt they will just dump it considering the just spent millions of buck on it to buy it from evony

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    They aren't going to kill it, at least not as long as there are still enough people coining to pay the (minimal) operating expenses. But they've most definitely abandoned development of (and customer support for) this game.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagavulin View Post
    Ucool no longer supports this game because some of the players thought it was okay to steal from Ucool. Several players did unjustified chargebacks so Ucool pulled the plug. These players spent thousands of US dollars and maxed out their cities. Then when they got bored with the game they initiated chargebacks and kept playing until Ucool suspended their accounts. Those players just walked away from the game, so Ucool basically said that it would no longer support a game where players engage in such thievery. Ucool is partly to blame because it did not contest the unjustified chargebacks. However, the bottom line is that Ucool has moved on. Perhaps we should do as well.
    Whales/heavy coiners pay for approximately 50% of these sort of games. If they see that those that cheat can get for free what they have to pay for, they will pull their funding out of the game. Ucool was doing well for a while, knocking down macro'd generals,suspending cheat engine users and changing game to make alts useless.

When they failed to keep up with the cheaters, the whales pulled their funds out of the game and most left.

It is a shame ucool would not or could not stop the cheats.

There is a few elements of this story I doubt and a few that are wrong.

Ownership of this has not changed, Evony was owned by Regan Mercantile and changed its name to Ucool, maybe to distance themselves from their reputation or to sound hip . . . point is, same owners just did name change. Also, don't be fooled by the US address, the company is Chinese owned and was incorporated in Delaware as they have the easiest process to establish a corporation.

The 'they abandoned CoE because of excessive chargebacks' is a good story, but if you look at the forums for any of their other games its pretty much the same story for every game, players complaining of unanswered support tickets, issues with lag, cheating that is not stopped, chargeback issues, missing items etc. Also if you read the forum for the Evony Age 2 discussion you know that they have had problems with Age 1, Age 2 and CoE regarding chargebacks that did not really happen and some of the battles people have fought to get accounts reinstated, some more than once.

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...-Vulnerability
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...*-is-goinig-on
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...utes-of-Effort

The forum for the new game Heroes Charge is already full of posts about players having issues, I doubt they have had a massive chargeback stampede. Yet.

What all this really points to is that while their single developer/employee was working on this game someone lifted the code for another game and they quickly changed a few things and launched it (Heroes Charge). What we see (and have seen with Age 1, 2 & Tynon) is that a very large percentage of their games is based on or similar to other games, when they break/glitch it can sometimes take weeks/months/years to get them fixed if ever. That speaks to not having any of the original development team on board anymore and those that are around are afraid of breaking more than they fix (might be why things get so bad when a new server opens or a new promotion/item is introduced).

Customer service/support has always been an issue, responses are standard, support tickets closed without resolution etc. Great thread in the Age 1 forum about the answers received lately, including one that is supposed to have read something along the line of "I can answer tickets or I can fix the game". I have a hunch that customer support, development, billing etc is all being handled by one person. All that disappearing revenue as people quit the games has caused them to cut back their staffing.

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...-take-a-ticket
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...stomer-Service

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by <DLA>Weth View Post
    There is a few elements of this story I doubt and a few that are wrong.

Ownership of this has not changed, Evony was owned by Regan Mercantile and changed its name to Ucool, maybe to distance themselves from their reputation or to sound hip . . . point is, same owners just did name change. Also, don't be fooled by the US address, the company is Chinese owned and was incorporated in Delaware as they have the easiest process to establish a corporation.

The 'they abandoned CoE because of excessive chargebacks' is a good story, but if you look at the forums for any of their other games its pretty much the same story for every game, players complaining of unanswered support tickets, issues with lag, cheating that is not stopped, chargeback issues, missing items etc. Also if you read the forum for the Evony Age 2 discussion you know that they have had problems with Age 1, Age 2 and CoE regarding chargebacks that did not really happen and some of the battles people have fought to get accounts reinstated, some more than once.

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...-Vulnerability
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...*-is-goinig-on
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...utes-of-Effort

The forum for the new game Heroes Charge is already full of posts about players having issues, I doubt they have had a massive chargeback stampede. Yet.

What all this really points to is that while their single developer/employee was working on this game someone lifted the code for another game and they quickly changed a few things and launched it (Heroes Charge). What we see (and have seen with Age 1, 2 & Tynon) is that a very large percentage of their games is based on or similar to other games, when they break/glitch it can sometimes take weeks/months/years to get them fixed if ever. That speaks to not having any of the original development team on board anymore and those that are around are afraid of breaking more than they fix (might be why things get so bad when a new server opens or a new promotion/item is introduced).

Customer service/support has always been an issue, responses are standard, support tickets closed without resolution etc. Great thread in the Age 1 forum about the answers received lately, including one that is supposed to have read something along the line of "I can answer tickets or I can fix the game". I have a hunch that customer support, development, billing etc is all being handled by one person. All that disappearing revenue as people quit the games has caused them to cut back their staffing.

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...-take-a-ticket
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...stomer-Service
    bingo! we have a winner, very nice post

Banned Contributor Level 4
    Yeah, Heroes Charge is already rather messed up and people are already leaving in droves... and this is after a number of people spent thousands of dollars on it.

This is what happened:

1: Heroes Charge was being updated with its first large update.
    2: During the update, over half of the players got somewhere between $100 and $1000 of "free gems" in the game.
    3: Heroes Charge decided to do a "rollback" to remove the gems.
    4: The rollback then took away not just the free gems, but also took away many gems people purchased with real money, and took away items people got fairly.
    5: Heroes Charge did not seem to know what happened or how to fix any of it, so they gave some people 5000 free gems to make up for it.
    6: Other people got 200 free gems.
    7: And still, some other people kept their 100,000 bugged free gems.
    8: The developers don't seem to have any clue how any of it happened or how to fix or prevent it.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuu View Post
    Yeah, Heroes Charge is already rather messed up and people are already leaving in droves... and this is after a number of people spent thousands of dollars on it.

This is what happened:

1: Heroes Charge was being updated with its first large update.
    2: During the update, over half of the players got somewhere between $100 and $1000 of "free gems" in the game.
    3: Heroes Charge decided to do a "rollback" to remove the gems.
    4: The rollback then took away not just the free gems, but also took away many gems people purchased with real money, and took away items people got fairly.
    5: Heroes Charge did not seem to know what happened or how to fix any of it, so they gave some people 5000 free gems to make up for it.
    6: Other people got 200 free gems.
    7: And still, some other people kept their 100,000 bugged free gems.
    8: The developers don't seem to have any clue how any of it happened or how to fix or prevent it.
    This thread is about the game "Commanders of Evony".

Same parent company, same issues.

Plus they have not completely separated the forums. A search for new posts in either forum brings up the posts for the other forum.

Xuu is dealing with the same mess, just under a different game name.

And his comments support what we are talking about.