Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [TIPS] VIP6 reaches rank 1 on day 15; Strategy and tips to share

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

[TIPS] VIP6 reaches rank 1 on day 15; Strategy and tips to share

IMG_1261[1].jpg
    First of all, all my writing is based on the experience on my server, in which current highest level is 57, mine is 53. Please forgive my poor English. Sorry have to cut it into 2 pieces.

I think reach rank 1 in Arena and get the 1 time gem reward is very important, and after you get that, you won't need to play a tense game anymore. At least for me, I do care this "achievement", as it is one time effort, and if you could reach it on time, you will lose the chance.

1. Requirement
    a. you must be a VIP5 at least. You don't need to spend hundreds of dollars for this game just to stay at high arena rank, but few (20-70) dollars is necessary. You need VIP only to reset elite to get some key hero and their stones, and to refill stamina, on a reasonable rate. And you need VIP to get the chance to reset Arena CD and cool down, because you can't sit there forever.
    b. you better at a good time zone. If you are an Asian player, congrats, lucky you. If you are a NA player like me, I hope you really get good luck. It is ridiculous for this game, as for California players, when you trying to find a good rank at 9pm PST, I am sorry, Seoul is 1pm on Day2. One day difference is so crucial in early game.
    c. Luck, there are some key heroes you have to have in order to make it, if you just don't have it, I am sorry.
    d. Some efforts and understanding on this game. Before I start on new server for this achievement task, I had a VIP3 (monthly card) on server 13, and I level up many accounts in other server to level 10, trying to find some Arena secret by study ladders on other server.

2. Timing & Strategy
    There are 3 chances for low level VIP player (I define low as <VIP10, as you could only do 1 crusade daily) to reach rank 1 in Arena to win 8000 gems(Didn't calculate much, from 24 to 5 is 3400 gem, 5 to 4 is 800, 4 to 3 is 900, 3 to 1 is 2500).
    a. On the first two day, to beat the NPC. VIP3 could reach level 21~22 on day 1 if started on the first minute when server opens. VIP6 could reach level 30+ at day2, which gives the best chance to reach top rank, If there isn't much Asian players. because VIP12+ could do it on day 1. If they started their Day 2 before you ramping up on your day 2, you will miss it. So Asian early bird could do this.
    b. At level 53. When VIP5 spend all its daily stamina and all quests, you should be able to reach level 53 on day 15~16. At the same time, VIP10 should be around 56. Some crazy gem people or gem hacker could do on level 57-58. But they are all below level 60, which is the first level for some major hero reaches purple+1. At this moment, level 53 all purple team has almost same power as level 57, and if you do some hero mix up, you will get 25% to beat them up, which is enough for you to ladder up temporarily. I reaches rank 1 at my first day of lvl 53 by beating several level 55,56 teams. The rank 1 is not a stable positon at this time, this is the key. lvl 57 can be beaten by 56, 56 by 55, and 55 by you.
    c. after extreme late game, after all purple+1 or purple+2, same as above, since exp gap is huge between each level, and same purple level team won't differ much, you got better chance. But you need to watch out all 5 star team, mix up is the only chance you have.

3 Heroes.
    I just tell from my experience. The best heroes are those who get insane skill, either strong self/team defense or aoe skills. And heroes will get bonus point if it can be easily evolved, like Pilot and Death Voice for old time. But you could never count on that, as crusade changes from time to time. This month is wonderful as you could buy commando stones.

Some heroes appear good on the opposite, but when you get yours, they won't be good. Some Crusade teams look fantastic to beat your team, but when you get the exact ones, they sucks, you need to think clear.

The best heroes you should get is, War Chief, Death Knight, Medusa/Luna, Commando, Leaves Shadow, Chaplain (Crusade),Old Curse. I often get 15/15 in Crusade by only using the above 7 before level 51 (I have Medusa which is better than Luna in Crusade).

The most underestimated heroes are Chaplain and Medusa.
    The most overestimated heroes are,
    Wind Master: if you do the math, her status growth is so weak and her item is kind of mixed, that is not good even in 5 stars. You need to focus only one physical or magic or healing.
    Lightning Element: his purple skill sucks. Magic resistance, it is a joke to face Leaves+Commando+Luna, so many team attack/agi up. And his energy regen SUCKS

You should avoid invest much on
    Lightning Master: middle to eat damage from old cruse, spearman. sucks even by purple against blue+2 at level 49
    Emberstar: hp to low
    Arcane Sapper: suicide hero
    Clerk, 0 attack capability, Spearman is much stronger than you, let alone Death Knight.
    Master Mage: skill 3 is often a joke.

Front:
    War Chief: he is weak before purple, but he is excellent if he could successfully cast swing on round 2, that is AOE damage on Front lane with life steal. So sometimes he needs a tank, DK is the best choice
    Death Knight: you need DK for crusade. If you don't have one, your guild should have one for camp, otherwise this server doesn't suit you.
    I am not fans of Brute, Shallow and Salvage one, They are weaker than DK in crusade, and weaker than War Chief in Arena. Most time you only need 1 tank, as the opposite has AOE from Old Curse, or swing from War Chief on front.

Middle:
    Old Curse: If you get DK from yours or Guild, then every arena points should spend on 5 stars Old Curse. As old curse will interrupt the other old curse’s skill 3 if your cast faster. This is not a joke, but a 80% true fact.
    Medusa: She is underestimated. She got passive AOE skills and the only skill to interrupt the entire team at any time you wish (in Crusade), because Silencer skill will be bugged and Leaves silence is not stable. Her purple skill is wonderful, as HP > Armor > magic resistance > physical resistance (Chaplain purple sucks)
    Luna: AOE passive + interrupt + Team power up, what can you expect more?

Back:
    Commando: (though middle) This hero is perfect.

Leaves Shadow: her ulti cast time is too long and is sensitive to the position of opponent, but all others are perfect. You need to keep in mind her silence only covers for two row, either front+middle, or middle+back, depends whether the other team's front dead or not.

The ideal Arena team should be War Chief, Old Curse, Shadow Leaves, Commando + X, X could be Luna or Medusa to make it perfect, but someone else like Pilot, Silencer, Bear Warrior, Succubus would be nice.

4 Crusades
    Before level 51 crusades is easy as you won't meet War Chief purple. Sometime as a tips if you war chief revive before the others, it might be better, As when he stand up, he will cast skill 2 to other teams middle hero if at the moment the other war chief has not stand up yet. That could 1 shot 1/2 kill.

There are few tips,
    1. You will want to make DK as single tank for most fight, and make him at 80% hp at the beginning, and the rest team should be 95% health. Then he will be the weakest one, and cast all his protect skill on himself, which is awesome! An ideal fight will start with 5 heroes with full energy, DK with 80%HP, rest 100%, and END with the exact same status, as you will have hp/energy regen at the end. My golden teams are DK, Old Curse, Medusa, Commando, Chaplain, which often remain the full HP/MP (except DK) from fight 5 to 12.

2. Do not auto fight, and DO NOT use commonando/leaves and other heroes ulti skill if not necessary (it will be necessary if it is used to kill some key hero like Succubus is ready to shout out.). Use them arbitrarily will give the other team extra energy, and you will suffer.

3. Meet with Old Curse, Succubus and War Chief.
    Succubus will cast an annoying at round 2; Old Curse will cast massive AOE on round 3 for your front and middle position.
    Succubus's 2nd skill:
    a, use Old Curse ultimate at the first second (That is the reason you need to have full energy from the last fight, it is not that hard with energy regen), all the other teams 2nd round will be skipped.
    b. Use your Death Knight's ultimate before that knife hits you, because you can't absorb the dot damage if it is already activated.
    Succubus's ultimate:
    This the right time to cast Medusa's ultimate, thank God I have you.
    Old Curse's 3nd skill:
    a. Chaplain heal after dot initiated, don't over-heal.
    b. Medusa,
    c. Old Curse ultimate at the first second will delay this skill by 1 round, and by that time, your leaves could have silenced him. It is not stable but sometimes work.
    War chief:
    It is much harder than before lvl 51, but it not impossible, because I get expendables and Medusa. If you planned carefully, the tough fight sill at 13/14. Try some mixed up. The importance to deal with the other War Chief is to avoid his swing to your middle team after he revived.

4. The first 14 fights are tough, the last one is easy. Why? Because you need to keep your team hp/mp at a good level to win one after another, but at the last fight, you can take any cost to win.

5. The first few battles and Sacrifice
    The other teams are weak, what you should do is to fill your heroes' energy (they will be sacrificed later, but their ultimate is important). Often the tough fight are at 13, 14. What I typically do is I have 5 expendables with full energy (filled at first 3-4 fights), and I will try to use them to trade the other team for 1~2 heroes or even to lower their hp, then my first team will beat them easily. What if their energy is full after kill all my expendables? You can use 1 level 20 sniper to fight them, and they will cast all their ultimate because they are auto-fight, then world is beautiful again.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Good thread with lots of useful information!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Not sure if you wrote this:
    - Precondition: you must start at new server.

What I'm thinking is: (a long story)
    - When I first started at server 4 Chaplain, I'm a Non-Vip player (and still), it's pretty hard, I saw people around my rank 2800 power up everyday, till some at that rank got 10k power, wow! it's huge compare to my account. I was beaten down to rank 4000 something, no way to climb up.

- Then I decide to start a new account at a new server, server 16 Wind Master. I pay a little, and achieve around rank 200-400 (10 times higher than old one).

Since then, I started to think of a theory: This game is not list in top 200 US Apple -> those who willing to pay (like crazy) already focus on old servers already -> less payers in new server -> more less payers in newer server -> chance to higher ranking in newer server -> till one day players don't need to pay to reach top 1 Arena ranking.

Currently it down to VIP 6 for rank 1. I predict 5 more new servers, players only need VIP 3 to achieve rank 1. 10 more new server, rank 1 is a Non-VIP player.

Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post

- When I first started at server 4 Chaplain, I'm a Non-Vip player (and still), it's pretty hard, I saw people around my rank 2800 power up everyday, till some at that rank got 10k power, wow! it's huge compare to my account. I was beaten down to rank 4000 something, no way to climb up.

- Then I decide to start a new account at a new server, server 16 Wind Master. I pay a little, and achieve around rank 200-400 (10 times higher than old one).

Since then, I started to think of a theory: This game is not list in top 200 US Apple -> those who willing to pay (like crazy) already focus on old servers already -> less payers in new server -> more less payers in newer server -> chance to higher ranking in newer server -> till one day players don't need to pay to reach top 1 Arena ranking.

Currently it down to VIP 6 for rank 1. I predict 5 more new servers, players only need VIP 3 to achieve rank 1. 10 more new server, rank 1 is a Non-VIP player.
    Hi Bin, I reaches rank 1 on server 16 same as yours. I am in perla. Level 53 you will find me Timezone is not fair for us player. This game need some calculation and setup, and of course luck.

I learned a lot from server 13 and then I planned to reach rank 1 in a new server which is 16. I tried to do that on day 2 but Koreans are just crazy, I am glad I got it on day 15 which is today.

Quote Originally Posted by d3koms View Post
    Good thread with lots of useful information!
    I am glad if any helps you, cheers,

I'm pretty sure more and more (majority) players will spend less -> till no pay at all; unless ucool has a super campaign to push HC in top US Apple ranking.

Reaching rank 1 at server 1 surely cost a lot, reaching rank 1 at server 10 surely cost much less, and 20 is much less than 10. Your ability and experience is great for that achievement, no doubt, but I think it help save cost from VIP 8 or 9 to VIP 6 in newer servers, anyway I think the cost to achieve rank 1 in newer servers will be reduced by time.

I'm pretty sure more and more (majority) players will spend less -> till no pay at all; unless ucool has a super campaign to push HC in top US Apple ranking.

Reaching rank 1 at server 1 surely cost a lot, reaching rank 1 at server 10 surely cost much less, and 20 is much less than 10. Your ability and experience is great for that achievement, no doubt, but I think it help save cost from VIP 8 or 9 to VIP 6 in newer servers, anyway I think the cost to achieve rank 1 in newer servers will be reduced by time.
    I agree, just enjoy the game, no matter on which server in which way

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 jjness's Avatar

I agree, but theres no way the rank1 = non vip, every VIP in each server that is not contented would wait for a new server if not, vip3 is only 2.99$(Monthly Card) even in server50 there is always a VIP imho.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Non -VIP will never get rank 1. There will always be people willing to buy the monthly card since it's so cheap and cost-efficient so VIP 3 is the bare minium. Of course, not counting the case when you rank 1 guild mate takes off his heroes for you to beat him.

+120 gems/day won't help. Since the top 1 Arena could have 550 gems/day. If that happens, it will happen that way.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigalr View Post

The ideal Arena team should be War Chief, Old Curse, Shadow Leaves, Commando + X, X could be Luna or Medusa to make it perfect, but someone else like Pilot, Silencer, Bear Warrior, Succubus would be nice.
    What name has the Medusa here?
    Depth Voice(Talenta) or Vengeance Spirit (Nasira)?

War Chief: - unlocking from elites chapter: 1,4,7 : 30 souls needed, 40% drop rate: 75 elite instance needed.
    Old Curse: - Arena: some can have from some can dream about, I am dreaming
    Shadow Leaves: everyone has at beginning - almost from 2 star in the few next days
    Commando: from Crusade.
    Vengeance Spirit ( Medusa ) - chapter3,6 elite.
    Last edited by heroeszabi; 10-18-2014 at 03:25 PM.
    If you don't like my posts : add me to Ignore your list - open the link here and press YES

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    +120 gems/day won't help. Since the top 1 Arena could have 550 gems/day. If that happens, it will happen that way.
    So you think a non-VIP can consistently hold rank 1 against a bunch of VIP 3 users, when they are always 1-2 level higher than you? Seems a little bit strange. Also in new server, top 1 is changing all the time because people's power are so close (Everything maxed out, only heroes and lvls are different) so unless you top up heavily, it's impossible to hold it consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by flexr View Post
    So you think a non-VIP can consistently hold rank 1 against a bunch of VIP 3 users, when they are always 1-2 level higher than you? Seems a little bit strange. Also in new server, top 1 is changing all the time because people's power are so close (Everything maxed out, only heroes and lvls are different) so unless you top up heavily, it's impossible to hold it consistently.
    The gap between player pay nothing and player pay 5 bucks is small, that does not guarantee 5 bucks player will dominate Non-vip players. In every MMO game, the number of non-vip players always more than 10 times vip players.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Sorry noob here, which hero is Medusa?

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Medusa is snake head woman. Vengence spirit i think