Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Down for hours ...

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    This is the official U[n]Cool position on the outage and why there will be no compensation for the 13+ hours the services were unavailable:

Greetings,
    Earlier we had some connectivity issues with all company services. This was due to a critical hardware fault with a third party partner. During this outage, our servers were operating normally, as was our data center, however for all intents and purposes, our playerbase could not access our products.

We would like to apologize for this issue, however it was fully beyond our control. We are currently investigating ways to mitigate risk and impact for the future, but have been given assurances from all parties involved that this won't happen again.

We'd like to take a moment and thank all of you for your amazing patience, and understanding with this issue. We work hard to ensure as much up time as possible, and we're as frustrated as you are over this.

Thanks for your understanding, and see you on the battlefield.

Banned Contributor Level 4
    Why didn't Ucool post this explanation in the forums? Where was this found any way?

Spartacus
    The outage was caused by malfunction in the datacenter hosting all our service. We’re restoring all service now and we’ll estimate the impart when stabilized. We do apologize for this.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    The outage was caused by malfunction in the datacenter hosting all our service. We’re restoring all service now and we’ll estimate the impart when stabilized. We do apologize for this.
    Going down again Age 1 and 2 are down and can't login to COE .....I think you guys need a back up Data center .

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Woohoo! The fun continues! Can't stay on for more than a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by <CSN>SheDevil View Post
    I believe this is all rumors. Although if Zynga did take over evony. I am pretty sure customer service would improve alot.
    Considering customer service is just one guy (Ray), how could it not?

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar_K View Post
    Considering customer service is just one guy (Ray), how could it not?
    Exactley my point

Quote Originally Posted by <CRU>Dr.Niteops View Post
    How would they send emails if their internet service was down?
    If evony can afford to have an online game then they can afford cell phone network as well, mail sever and gaming server ISP might be down, but surely they have a cell network wireless backup, I do in my place and I'm not rich like evony!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I really believe Spartacus thinks we believe him, and many here don't, clearly he needs to Google what a data center is and how it can't just go offline

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by <RHN>StarScream View Post
    If evony can afford to have an online game then they can afford cell phone network as well, mail sever and gaming server ISP might be down, but surely they have a cell network wireless backup, I do in my place and I'm not rich like evony!!
    You want them to send eleventy thousand emails by cell phone?

I do agree they should have an alternate provider. Allowing a single point source failure seems like a silly thing for an experienced company to omit.