Thread: Community Suggestions

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 Mert's Avatar

Community Suggestions

This supposed to be a deep and well written post but I really have no time for that. So I will cut it short and tell it in a few paragraphs.

First of all, I'd like to tell you that I didn't have any problem with Ucool. I'm a happy customer!

Heroes Charge is the 2nd mobile game that really catched my interest (as a WoW, GW, Rift, Diablo and PoE veteran) and the first application that made me spend money. I was amazed by polished graphics, concept art, gameplay and the variety of options that allows me to chose my path. I'm really having a good time and I want to keep it that way.

This is a game where people pay hard earned money to have fun OR fulfill their need of success and Ucool Ltd. as a real life company, making profit, paying their bills and feeding their children.
    Heroes Charge, as a mobile game has a HUGE potential to be one of the best games ever created in mobile market. Perhaps this is not the only investment and money source for Ucool but if they keep up the good work, they won't need to create anything anymore like what Blizzard did.

But it seems that Ucool haven't realized the potential of the game or they already hit their goal and taking it easy. I don't know. Why I think that way? There are some reasons:

-Customer Support. Check out the amount of forum posts about the customers flaming the Customer Support didn't respond their mails or gave them a few gems to calm down.
    As I said before, this is hard earned money. Not growing on trees. If someone buy something in real life and find out the thing is broken, they turn it back, get service support or take back their money with an apology. Every company has a working and responding Customer Support to keep their customers happy so they won't get sued or any bad advertisement.

-The lack of forum response and administration. Every game have their own forums, especially MMORPGs to keep in touch with their community to get suggestions, feedback, positive and negative criticizm, opening and joining discussions, creating polls etc. to promote and develop their games (product) with a strong community (customers) to make more profit. Our dear moderators (Ember, Icetea and Allen, Hi guys!) are showing up from time to time but this is not enough. Join us, share your excitement about the game with us and even sometimes be one of us against the developers. I'd like to give one example, Ghostcrawler. All WoW players know him as the community manager/forum moderator who once sued his own company for the rights of the community.

-The lack of advertisement. I've heard about the game from a friend and since that time I haven't seen ANYTHING about Heroes Charge on internet. My brother said that he has seen an ad on facebook so I guess there's at least one. And there's just one trailer on YouTube which is actually an old walkthrough. Just check CoC's trailes and you'll get my point. You need to advertise more. Use all channels like YouTube, Facebook, Google AdWords, Google Play ads, spams, hackers etc. I'm not an expert but everyone knows the power of advertisement.

-Facebook. The last post on Facebook group page was 15 days ago. Do you want to sell more gems? Why not using the world's most popular social media tool? Do you have a discount? Post it! Have a promotion? Post it! You even didn't change the new cover since the patch. I still can see Cleric's golden hair (so the others, be careful :P). Also it is one of the best place to grow a fan community. Feed it. Keep it live.

-Start publishing Patch Notes. This is a RPG, it's all about numbers, values, calculations, strategies etc. We need to know what have changed. Which hero got nerfed, which one buffed in what value to organize our strategies and investments. Investments which cost us money and time. The game's leveling mechanic is already limits us to experience and test our heroes. (Rola has a very detailed prayer post about this) How would we know if one of the heroes got completely useless? And in this limitation, we need numbers to calculate and decide what to invest. You can't expect us to pay to a game which we have no idea what's going on in the background. If this was a singleplayer game then that wouldn't matter so much but this is an MMO. We have an Arena, ladders, raid damage rankings. You created a competition between players. Even in guilds there's now a competition to make the most damage to get bonuses. Those who compete are the ones who really spend money and we need information to succesfully compete.

-Building up the spirit and fanbase. Every fantasy game has its lore. A tale that combines the joy of gameplay with the spirit of that world. Heroes with their own personalities, passions, humor etc. which bonds players to them and creates a special connection other than just pushing buttons. In Heroes Charge, all I know is we're in the world of Kron and frankly I have no idea what's happening in champaign. I just stopped reading after a few repeating "I will kill you!" dialogs. Please tell us the tale. Tell us about heroes' background and what caused them to fight with eachother. Let us learn and make an emotional connection with the game and start to create artworks, fan fictions, cartoons etc. (I really need to know more about Wind Master Sarra!)

-Design a new website. Just look at this pleace. I was so surprised when I came here after joining such a well polsihed game. A vBulletin forum? Oh come on. You make so much money. Don't be stingy and show the market what uCool actually is!

-Create a database or a wiki page. This is a new game and we there's NO offical information about it except the guides made by players. You have over 50 heroes, all with their own mechanics and calculations. We need a source of information about the game; heroes, instances, mechanics etc. There are a few fresh wiki pages created by players but I don't think they'll provide the full information anytime soon. At least support eager and dedicated players with data so they can feed these pages with guides.

Well that's all I can share with you for now. All I want is to see this game get what it deserves. I hope other players have things to say about these ideas.

Thank you for reading such a long post.

This good game will keep going as good as it is even if you change these things or not I know. But if you choose to polish it with these changes, I'm pretty sure Heroes Charge is gonna be a phenomena.

My best regards, Aemon of Old Curse (11) GL of [EPIC]

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Allen's Avatar
    Dear Leader,
    As our first try in this area, thus some deficiencies are inevitable, however, these are not our excuse but our motivation, we have a long long way to go to reach your satisfaction.
    Fortunately we are so lucky to have fans such as you who take the time to contribute suggestions and feedback for improving our products. We value the feedback and perspective our players offer.
    A small thank you gift will be delivered to your account
    Best Regards
    Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Dear Leader,
    As our first try in this area, thus some deficiencies are inevitable, however, these are not our excuse but our motivation, we have a long long way to go to reach your satisfaction.
    Fortunately we are so lucky to have fans such as you who take the time to contribute suggestions and feedback for improving our products. We value the feedback and perspective our players offer.
    A small thank you gift will be delivered to your account
    Best Regards
    Allen
    Thanks for the gift Allen.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Veddharta's Avatar
    Agreed. I cant stress out how much but Ill just go with 100% agreed.

Ucool you are going for something big but u need to start thinking bigger and i mean it now.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    Thanks for the gift Allen.
    So...uh...what'd you get?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Games pretty decent for such a raw product but with this nice raw product, it can really grow big. just more updates what's going on would make everyone more ecstatic about the game.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Mystara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itsEvil View Post
    Hopefully a well-deserved gift for Mert!
    http://forum.ucool.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30906&dateline=141327  9605

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Mystara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by d3koms View Post
    Games pretty decent for such a raw product but with this nice raw product, it can really grow big. just more updates what's going on would make everyone more ecstatic about the game.
    Yeppers, some more Heroes, some more Game-modes, added content etc could prolong the games lifespan for quite a while!
    http://forum.ucool.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30906&dateline=141327  9605

Quote Originally Posted by itsEvil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystara View Post
    Hopefully a well-deserved gift for Mert!
    Thank you Mystara. I got some gems. But the real prize was seeing they've already started to consider my suggestions. At least facebook page got the new cover. Oh and we are able to use awesome signature pics now! Hopefully Ucool will take care of the rest in time and we'll have a much better gaming experience.

Regards.