Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] How to build your team

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    I am having a similar problem. First, dont avoid using raid tickets, when raiding you receive the same amount of exp but in exp jars so u can use it on your heroes, that's not the problem. But I have the same question on the secret of the XP items xD.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Agamerjes's Avatar
    The last few posters, what kind of booty caves are you farming/attacking? Exp or gold? While I too have fewer at level heroes than others at my level, I have had some improvements focusing on farming and attacking exp caves.
    Life would be better with more Legos, and more naps.

Server: 58 Corvus

Agamerjes's Guide to HC Life, Universe, & Everthing:
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...and-Everything

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Agamerjes View Post
    The last few posters, what kind of booty caves are you farming/attacking? Exp or gold? While I too have fewer at level heroes than others at my level, I have had some improvements focusing on farming and attacking exp caves.
    I mostly attack gold caves. Is there profit on exp caves? I mean, assuming you pay 2000 gold for searching, and then getting less than 7 most times, isn't it better to just go for gold, and then buy exp from merchants ?

Maybe i should now focus on XP caves if it's better.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    For awhile I only did XP booty caves as an overnight thing while I slept (started them ahead of time so the 10hrs ended at my normal wake up time). Just this last week I started hitting about 20 or so XP caves a day and it has helped but still at 1500xp a pop you need a TON of them to keep a full roster of Grand Arena teams up to level.

I dont care about competing with the top 50-100 teams in arena but I'd like to at least have a fighting chance again top 200 teams.
    "Do or do not, there is no try!"

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Hi,
    I've just started a week ago and I don't have many heroes

I'm currently using 1*commando(because I heard she is good), 1*emberstar, 2*shadow leaf, 3*iron hoof and 3*brute
    All are lv 40 and blue+1

I was previously using 1*machinist blue+1 before I got commando 2 days ago.

Here is the list of heroes I have:
    1*Chaplain Blue+1
    1* Lightning Master Blue
    1* Cleric Blue
    1* Admiral Blue
    2* Savage one Blue
    2* Mountain Green+1
    1* Phoenix Green+1

I want to do good in campaign,crusade and arena
    Can you please give me some advise? Thank you

Sorry if I'm posting this here but I can seem to be able to create a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyFox View Post
    Hi,
    I've just started a week ago and I don't have many heroes

I'm currently using 1*commando(because I heard she is good), 1*emberstar, 2*shadow leaf, 3*iron hoof and 3*brute
    All are lv 40 and blue+1

I was previously using 1*machinist blue+1 before I got commando 2 days ago.

Here is the list of heroes I have:
    1*Chaplain Blue+1
    1* Lightning Master Blue
    1* Cleric Blue
    1* Admiral Blue
    2* Savage one Blue
    2* Mountain Green+1
    1* Phoenix Green+1

I want to do good in campaign,crusade and arena
    Can you please give me some advise? Thank you

Sorry if I'm posting this here but I can seem to be able to create a thread.
    Exactly same as this guy, I started playing 5-6 days ago, I am lvl 39 and have few heroes :

3*Lighting elemental
    1*Commando
    2*Shadowleaf
    1*Ember
    1*Chaplain
    1*Riffleman
    3*Deathgore
    2*Savage One

All of them are blue + 1 and blue + 2 according to level.

Need some advices about what to get from now and what combination I should use for crusade/arena

Ty again !

(I am buying soulstones for Old Curse now I have 10/30 )

How are you buying old curse so quickly? I'm suffering in the arena
    Kept my rank around 5000 so as not to get penalized in crusade hard

I have beed on 200 rank at arena, but now I am on 700 but have 5 chances for today

New Comers
    Hello everyone. I'm new to this game and I have some questions, maybe some of you can help me. First, what can I do when a hero is maxed out on his experience? I have one that needs only one item before I can promote him, but I can level up to the required level because of this thing.

And second, here is my hero list so far, can you please tell me what line-up should I use best?
    Brute - level 43, 3 stars
    Shadowleaf - level 43, 2 stars
    Chaplain - level 43, 1 star
    Cleric - level 42, 1 star
    Emberstar - level 42, 1 star
    Phoenix - level 42, 1 star
    Lightning Master - level 40, 1 star
    Admiral - level 38, 1 star
    Psychopath - level 38, 1 star.

Also, I need one more point before i can summon Sniper, so I guess I can include him in my heroes list.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TDT View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm new to this game and I have some questions, maybe some of you can help me. First, what can I do when a hero is maxed out on his experience? I have one that needs only one item before I can promote him, but I can level up to the required level because of this thing.

And second, here is my hero list so far, can you please tell me what line-up should I use best?
    Brute - level 43, 3 stars
    Shadowleaf - level 43, 2 stars
    Chaplain - level 43, 1 star
    Cleric - level 42, 1 star
    Emberstar - level 42, 1 star
    Phoenix - level 42, 1 star
    Lightning Master - level 40, 1 star
    Admiral - level 38, 1 star
    Psychopath - level 38, 1 star.

Also, I need one more point before i can summon Sniper, so I guess I can include him in my heroes list.

Thank you
    First part is a bit confusing, but I'll wing it. Hero levels are capped by your team level. Team exp is best earned through daily quests and small amounts through completing missions. If your hero has items it cannot equip due to level cap, you have to raise team level first.

Second part... best line-up for what? Campaign, crusade, arena, trials/rifts? Generic advice is chaplain, shadow leaf, and tank of your choice (popular choices are panda, warchief, and recently admiral) should be priorities to level/skill-up.

New Comers
    Quote Originally Posted by Agamerjes View Post
    First part is a bit confusing, but I'll wing it. Hero levels are capped by your team level. Team exp is best earned through daily quests and small amounts through completing missions. If your hero has items it cannot equip due to level cap, you have to raise team level first.

Second part... best line-up for what? Campaign, crusade, arena, trials/rifts? Generic advice is chaplain, shadow leaf, and tank of your choice (popular choices are panda, warchief, and recently admiral) should be priorities to level/skill-up.
    Thank you! Yeah, I kinda got that first part too, since I leveled the team up and then it allowed that hero to level up too.
    About the second part, should I go with Admiral instead of Beast? I used Admiral before I got Beast via a chest, and the guy seems much more of a tank than Admiral.

New Comers
    Hi every one, im thinking of making 2 team formation for arena,one is physical team and one is magic team, hope someone can help me with advices
    1/ (Tank) Iron Hoof, (front dps) AS, (mid) VS, (back) commando + leave shadow. (my current main team)
    2/ (Tank) Iron hoof or psychopath, (mid) OC + machinist, (back) mystic. Im thinking of adding phoenix or wind master or silencer (only have phoenix and wind master atm, should I invest in those 2 or wait for silencer? or another suggestion ?)

Quote Originally Posted by TDT View Post
    Thank you! Yeah, I kinda got that first part too, since I leveled the team up and then it allowed that hero to level up too.
    About the second part, should I go with Admiral instead of Beast? I used Admiral before I got Beast via a chest, and the guy seems much more of a tank than Admiral.
    Personally, I leveled a few front line heroes (tanks). Grand Arena (level 60 feature) requires 3 teams of 5, that is 15 heroes total. So, I made sure I kept a couple tanks around. My first two tanks were admiral and warchief, then I brought up a savage one later on. Milage may vary and folks will have different opinions on what team composition is best, but my hero roster is still rather limited, even at 60+, so I have trouble building a team without tanks just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rEaDy View Post
    Exactly same as this guy, I started playing 5-6 days ago, I am lvl 39 and have few heroes :

3*Lighting elemental
    1*Commando
    2*Shadowleaf
    1*Ember
    1*Chaplain
    1*Riffleman
    3*Deathgore
    2*Savage One

All of them are blue + 1 and blue + 2 according to level.

Need some advices about what to get from now and what combination I should use for crusade/arena

Ty again !

(I am buying soulstones for Old Curse now I have 10/30 )
    Any help ?

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 cynizm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rEaDy View Post
    Any help ?
    If u want to go for arena get commando to at least 3 stars, it wont take long.
    dont waste money on enchats yet, not worth it, get them all to max lvl and max their skills, enchanting becomes worth after lvl 54 when u get purple.

for arena the most common combination for lvl around 70 is:
    commando(attack buff/ agility buff)
    war chief/Iron hoff (war chief revives after death/ ironhoff counters ennemys commando)
    succubus/windmaster(nice ulti both)
    old curse(freez)
    shadowleaf(atack buff)

in my opinion its not well planned, on lvl 66 im using for arena:
    (if magic team i needed)
    warchief
    commando
    phoenix (40-50k dmg per fight FTW)
    old curse (freez please/ nice dmg)
    imperial executioner (interupts everyone/ now enemy tank is a duck.../20k dmg on hit? no problem.)

(if physical team is needed):
    war chief
    commando
    rifle man(tank burner)
    lunar guardian(attack buff, interrupts, damage to multiple enemys)
    shadowleaf(attack buff)

im beeing ranked around 100-200 everyday

to clear crusade 15/15 everyday u shoud consider getting death knight, he might seem hard to get on the begginig but u can always hire from guild, its worth to spend 20-30k to hire him on your lvl as he can tank whole crusade. in the long run try to get your own, u can earn a lot of money if u put him in mercenery camp.

my team for crusade (always 15/15):
    succubus
    wind master
    old curse
    mystic
    death knight
    chaplain

when on low health replace the highest hp hero with chaplain (except death knight and old cuse)
    how to fight:
    on first fight load all your ulti (get chaplain on team to get his ulti).
    next fights:
    1. use old curse and if enemy is higher lvl then you, mystic ulti.
    2. after mystic shot use windmaste and succubus
    3. gg u won.
    if enemy has commando use death knight ulti to block stun.
    dont underestimate chaplain as he can get your team back up in critical situations and change the outcome of fight.
    if your deathknight dies, pause the fight and retreat, u can retry fight with another combination of heroes and have your deathknight still alive.

to sum it up:

heroes u want to get asap:
    1. old curse
    2. war chief
    3. wind master/phoenix

heroes u dont wanna waste resources on:
    1. deathgore (no dmg)
    2. embestar (dies fast from aoe, cant load ulti)
    3. lighting elemental (front line hero, never gets to use his ulti after lvl 53)

heroes u wanna get stars:
    1. commando (for arena is must have)
    2. rifle man(physical team hero/ guild raid hero)
    3. savaged one(he does some magic in guild raids)