Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] How to build your team

New Comers

hey. And thanks for the guide

can someone please make sugestion of what heroes i should use of thos i have?

im level 33. on campaign 5. and rank 4500 arena
    savage one 2 star - ice mage 2 star - depths voice 2 star - commando 1 star - chaplain 1
    i use thos now. i also have
    admiral - lightning master - emberstar - shadowleaf. ofc and
    phoenix 1 star - machinist 1 - shallows keeper 1 - psychic sword 2 - vanguard warrior 1 - succubus 3 - cleric 1

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Importance of good tanks

Quote Originally Posted by StratoCaster View Post
    Hello... My name is Stratis and I am from Greece..!

Im new to the game... Lvl 41 and would like your advice on choosing heroes...

For now I have...

Iron Hoof 3* lvl41
    Brute 3* lvl 40
    Savage 2* lvl 40

Chaplain 2* lvl 41
    Shadow Shaman 2* lvl 40
    Comando 2* lvl 41

Death Mage 2* lvl 41
    Frost Mage 2 * lvl 41
    Ice Mage 2* lvl 40
    Old Curse 2* lvl 41

Shadowleaf 2* lvl 41
    Riffleman 2* lvl 40
    Professional Killer 3* lvl 38

Admiral 1* lvl 30
    Emberstar 1* lvl 30
    Lughting Master 2* lvl 30

Phycopath, Swallows Keeper, Tusked Storm and Phoenix 1* lvl 1

The heroes lvl 41 are those I believe I should use most...

I have my opinion on how to build my team but I think advice from more experoenced players would be good...

I also planning to get war chief (14/30ss), mystic later after upgrading com and frost, I think of pilot cause of his full physical skills for a physical team...

Are chycopath or phoenix worth..?

Tusked storm later its like com...

Which other heroes I should take from soul stones (ex machinist, vengenance, depths), from arena (is panda better than iron hoof, also spearman etc) and arcane of caurse when I unlock coins from the guild shop...
    And I want also lunar...

Any ideas please..!

Thanks a lot..!

You must be high VIP to get all those good heroes at your level. I am not that experienced, only level 55 but this is what I think. Having a good tank especially if you are using one to protect the others behind them is crucial. You are lucky to have brute, savage one, ironhoof and deathmage, especially deathmage is great in crusades after purple promotion. I have to hire her from guild if I want to use her. I would also work on warchief, admiral and shallows keeper as they become good after purple promotion. Warchief and shallows are easy to farm soulstones.

Other heroes that everyone considers a must is chaplain, old curse, commando, and mystic as they are support and control that is needed on almost all setups.

Phoenix is a decent dps hero that does good damage, ability to regenerate and you can automatically get 2 star by just sign in bonus this month. Lightning master is also a decent dps hero and tanky but I like my succubus better as it has higher output. I can't speak about other heroes as I have not experienced them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuller2 View Post
    You must be high VIP to get all those good heroes at your level. I am not that experienced, only level 55 but this is what I think. Having a good tank especially if you are using one to protect the others behind them is crucial. You are lucky to have brute, savage one, ironhoof and deathmage, especially deathmage is great in crusades after purple promotion. I have to hire her from guild if I want to use her. I would also work on warchief, admiral and shallows keeper as they become good after purple promotion. Warchief and shallows are easy to farm soulstones.

Other heroes that everyone considers a must is chaplain, old curse, commando, and mystic as they are support and control that is needed on almost all setups.

Phoenix is a decent dps hero that does good damage, ability to regenerate and you can automatically get 2 star by just sign in bonus this month. Lightning master is also a decent dps hero and tanky but I like my succubus better as it has higher output. I can't speak about other heroes as I have not experienced them.
    Thanks for the feed back... I am just vip 4 and its trye i got very lucky with all those good heroes I got... I had both Savage and Swallows from the very begining and chose to play with Savage... I dont know if I did well...

Yes a good tank is a must... Anyone knows which hero to take from the arena shop..? I already have about 5500 coins so in a few days I should start taking a hero..! Go for panda, spearman or somethinv else..?

I focus on commando for now in crusade later frost and mystic...

And sapper and luna are for later but I have them in mind...

Any other advice please..?

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 cynizm's Avatar

Team building

Hi everyone, im Cynizm, playing on server 51 TyrianConfed.

I would love to hear your suggestions on my team, what should i change, which heroes should i use, promote, get stars.

Here is full list of my heros:
    name/stars/lvl
    Succubus/***/53
    WarChief/**/53
    phoenix/*/53
    windmaster/***/53
    frostmage/**/53
    mystic/**/53
    commando/**/53
    shadowleaf/**/50
    depthsvoice/**/49
    chaplain/**/49
    vanguard/**/46
    lightingMaster/*/45
    admiral/*/41
    rifleman/*/39
    shadowshaman/**/37
    cleric/*/36
    shallowsKeeper/**/35
    psychopath/*/33
    machinist/*/30
    professionalKiller/***/24
    sniper/*/21
    savageone/**/1
    oldcurse/**/1 (just got it)

im close to get deathknight and icemage

currently im running:
    arena:
    WC, windmaster, commando, phoenix and succubus/frostMage

Crusade:
    DK(rent), windmaster, chaplain, commando, frostmage/succubus

Campaing:
    WC,windmaster, phoenix,commando, frostmage

in the arena i got power 14990 and im being ranked 500-700, i dont know if i should use succubus cuz of poisoning or frostmage cuz of buff/debuff skills? have u any other sugestions which members should i change? and where should i fit old curse when i lvl it up? i wa thinking about switching it with windmaster since a lot of times it doesnt even get to use her ulti or when i face old curse its (ALWAYS!) freezeing her while loading ulti, what do u think?
    btw. i love phoenix every fight he does 30-40k dmg.

in crusade im always doing 15/15 so not a problem here but if u have any suggestions, please let me know.

Campaing is a mess, i finished chapter VII on normal (on lvl 51!) but i cant beat fourth stage on elite, my war chief dies before boss... what should i do with it? should i lvl up SavagedOne and repleace? or wait for DK and try 2 tanks setup (how should it look like then)?

And last od all, i read a lot positive opinions on mystic i lvld it up, got him to purple, full skills, full enchants, teamed up with frost mage but he still seems week to me... no dps, almost never gets to use ulti, long ulti chargig... am i missing something positive about him? the energy skill doestnt seem to fit in my team setup...
    and how the hell, does people with simmilar setup and same lvl get 16-17k power?!?

btw im a free player and im not planning to buy gems or monthy card.

New Comers

TANKS for arena

Alright so I am trying to setup my team. I have come into a few new tanks that I like. My level is 43 and here is my team setup. Soulhunter (3 star)(Tank #1), Lunar Guardian (3 star), Commando (3 star), Master Mage (3 star), and I am trying to figure out what my second tank will be. I have a Warrior Monk (3 star) or a Iron Hoof (3 star). The Warrior Monk provides me with a lot of stuns but Iron Hoof starts my team off with Shields.
    Also for Crucible which tank would be best out of Soulhunter, Warrior Monk, or Iron Hoof. Thank you in advance

New Comers

please help!

Hello all! I just started to play this game begin of 2015. And I am really enjoying it. But I want to have some opinion on how I am doing atm. I have read several topics but I'm looking for a way to balance my team in arena mostly

These are my heroes

Warrior monk lvl 47 /blue 2+ /3 star
    Wind master lvl 47 /blue 2+ /3 star
    Chaplain lvl 47 /blue 2+ /2 star
    Commando lvl 47 /blue 2+ /2 star
    Ice mage lvl 47 /blue 2+ /2 star
    Phoenix lvl 47 /blue 2+ /2 star
    Old curse lvl 46 blue 2+ /2 star
    Lightning master lvl 43 /blue 2+ /1 star
    Profesional killer lvl 43 /blue 1+ /3 star
    Admiral lvl 43 /blue 2+ /2 star
    Vanguard warrior lvl 39 /blue 1+ /1 star
    Sniper lvl 39 /blue 1+ /1 star
    Frost mage lvl 34 /blue /2 star
    Emberstar lvl 34 /blue /1 star
    Shadow leaf lvl 33/ green /2 star

Also have succubus, cleric, shadow shaman, shallow keeper, mystic and rifleman

But they are low lvl and just got them.

I have a friend with a death knight to use for crusade. Any other help is welcome! Thx

Need some advice...just like everyone else!

Hi guys,

I have read a lot of posts about team building and strategy, and the more I read the more confused I get. I have a few heroes that I am certain about upgrading, but the rest I can't decide. Have only been playing 2 weeks, and already I have too many heroes to be able to upgrade all. Anyway, what I have to work with right now is:

Front:

Deathknight ***
    Admiral *
    Vanguard Warrior *
    Shallows Keeper *
    Cleric *

Central:

Shadow Shaman **
    Silencer **
    Emberstar *
    Lightning Master *
    Phoenix *

Back:

Windmaster ***
    Shadowleaf **
    Chaplain *
    Commando *
    Sniper *
    Rifleman *
    Mystic *

Which should I continue to focus on, farm stones, etc? Besides the obvious ones like WM, shadowleaf, commando etc. I am more interested in knowing about heroes like silencer, mystic, rifleman, etc. And what is the big deal about shallows keeper? He seems weak and dies quickly, is that just because he is only a one-star hero atm? Worth farming for him?

New Comers

Can you help me to build my team?

1) I would know whis are the best team for crusade, campaign and arena!
    2) what my best team with my heroes for both three

My heroes

Admiral
    Arcane sapper
    Soulhunter
    Cleric

Emberstar
    Phoenix
    Lightning master

Profesional killer
    Chaplain
    Shadowleaf
    Commando
    Mystic

Ty very much

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Question And to beat the deadly WarChief + Old Curse combo?

Thanks I will try what you have posted to beat WarChief + Old Curse combo.... I still find this combo impossible.

Sometimes I lose to players 5 levels lower than me, and I'm at 59 with all purple, and have my gear enchanted.

Yes, they are 5 levels lower and slaughter me. The pattern is.... "WarChief + Old Curse" otherwise I win. Obviously these characters are overpowered.

However, I'll try what you said.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I'm only posting here because I have some team questions but I'm unable to start a new thread in the forum.

My question is in regards to tanks. I currently have Warchief, Admiral, Shallows Keeper, and am about to have a Savage One. Here are My current setups without tanks:

Old Curse, Mystic, Frost Mage, Succubus (should I replace with Machinist?) for a magic team.

Shadowleaf, Shadow Shaman (armor reduction purple skill), Arcane Sapper, Commando for physical.

I assume that Warchief is the best choice for the physical setup because of his lifesteal ability. I'm level 52 now and I need to commit to another tank instead of trying to maintain multiple. So between Admiral, Shallows Keeper, and Savage One, which do you guys recommend? I thought Admiral because of the all female trial but I'm going to work on a Death Mage once I get to grand arenas so do I even need the Admiral there later on? I know that Savage One becomes useful for raids so is that the way I should proceed?

I'm also even more confused because I have recently read a few posts that state the Psychopath is a decent tank as well (especially for fighting AS) and I have a level 1 Psychopath gathering dust.

I know the game is about countering and that there is no "perfect" team but I'm only a VIP 5 and will probably not go much higher so I'm looking for the most bang for my buck. Any help you guys could provide would be appreciated.

New Comers
    Hello there, im new to this game.Can you guys recommend me what team i should build to play Campaign, Arena, Crusade ? There're so many heroes so im a little confused here.

Untitled-1.jpg

New Comers
    Hi, this topic is really interesting and useful.
    Just two questions if I can:
    1 - Could you please add in your classification some missing heroes? Phoenix, Vanguard warrior for instance.
    2 - What do you mean for "ult" and "buff"? I ask you this question because I consider Ice Mage more as DPS rather than control and I see that you write beside her "DPS ult"

Thanks for your return.

New Comers
    I need help building my team...I'm not gona lie,spent some real money but I feel like I have terrible luck with the gold chests.

The following are my hero's
    Starting 5
    Ice mage
    Commando
    Wind master
    Savage one
    Old curse
    Cleric
    Mystic
    Shadow shaman
    Death gore
    Mountain
    Soul hunter
    Professional killer
    Silencer
    Machinest
    Psychopath
    Rifleman
    Phoenix

Please help me chose which ones to use for what, which hero's I should focus on improving, and which hero's I need to farm. Thank you!

PS. I'm at lvl 38

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Problem I am having is sitting at level 61 now I have been extremely lucky with the purple chests in Crusade and have most of my roster from these chests. DK, DM, Necromancer & Mystic just to name 4 of the ones I've got from these chests. My problem is at level 61 I only have 5 of my heroes at level 59 the rest of my Grand Arena lineup ranges from 56-58. I just can't seem to get enough XP for them all. Yet I see so many guildmates and opponents in Grand Arena with 10+ people at level.

What am I missing? Should I avoid using Raid Tickets? Am I missing some secret or tip on how to get XP items? I never seem to have enough.
    "Do or do not, there is no try!"

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Hope this is not off topic, but, how can I be more exp efficient, or how does one manage to keep 10-15 heroes with the same level? is it even possible?

I'm level 60, and struggling with keeping at least 10 heroes with same level and well upgraded for grand arena. So, is there a way of getting more experience? Because booty cave's exp plunder seems a hilarious amount of exp jars for 2000 gold, or for 10 hours, i think is better gold plunder. I always buy exp from merchants , never sold exp...