Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] How to build your team

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK01997 View Post
    I'm semi new to this game. I've been playing for a little over a month and am at level 64. I've been working on the heroes in all of the shops (ie crusade, GA, arena, guild). I was just curious if there was an order I should go for them including when to stop one and start another. For example, I have a 3* OC and have been working on 4*, but would like to know when I should start working on Drunken Master (and to a lesser extent HN/Ferryman/WS/PO/DK). Same goes for Death Mage (3* and working on 4*) vs. CW/FD/EB (and to a leese extent IH/Stormlord and Deathgore), Arcane Sapper (3* and working on 4*) vs. DB (and to a lesser extent LS/Suc/TS/SK/LG), and Commando/Mystic (5* and 4* working on 5* respectively) vs. FM/Phoenix/Pilot/Wind Master/Riffleman/Vanguard Warrior.
    It all depends on what you need really. for example OC is amazing for PvP, he is a strong champion in normal arena and a great champ for a GA magic team. I didn’t need a tank so i didn’t go for Drunken Master and 5* OC straight away. Now lets take the GA Shop, There is DM for Crusade, FD, CW and EB all very strong champions. Now lets say you get DM to 3*, that’s usually enough for Crusade champions so you can leave her there. FD, CW and EB are used in PvP, lets say you only want FD and CW, you can choose to go full on your main arena team and 5* 1 of them or think about GA and get them both, then 4* one, 4* the other and so on. The Crusade Shop... well, if you clear Hard every day, you can just do whatever you feel like, you get 25 stones a day (i spread them over 2 champions, reset twice for 10 tokens). Personally i 5* Commando, after, i went for VW and Mystic, with a 15/10 spread of them(GA Magic Team).

In short, if you only need 1 champion from a shop, max them, if you need multiple for PvP, spread the love.

Quote Originally Posted by Henros View Post
    Hey guys,

Wondering if I could get some help with my team setup and which team you guys think would be my strongest?

I'm level 44 and the top list of heroes are all pretty much 44 too

I'll list the heroes, the letter before is their colour (G+1=Green+1 etc) and the number after is the stars...

B+2 Commando 3 stars
    B+2 Sahdowleaf 2 stars
    B+2 Mystic 1 star
    G Shallows Keeper 1 star
    B+2 Wind Master 3 star
    B+2 Old Curse 2 star
    B+2 Ice Mage 2 star
    B+2 Lunar Guardian 3 star
    B+2 Chaplain 1 star

Few that I haven't increased the skills for (but happy to level if you think they are strong:

Vanguard Warrior
    Phoenix
    Cleric
    Lightning Master
    Sniper
    Emberstar
    Lightning Spirit

I cant find anywhere any kind of review for the phoenix but I'm seeing a lot of her/him in arena, so maybe he's good?

What do you guys think I should focus on improving (I'm guessing commando, mystic and old curse) and what kind of setup I should consider my main team, as I feel I'm not quite getting it, thanks in advance for your help!
    Phoenix works very well in AoE orientated teams, his ult does a high amount of damage but phoenix kills himself while doing it. Some people run a healer or 2 with him in hope they heal him during the ult to make it last longer. Personally not a big fan of using it but Phoenix made me lose a couple of fights, its a very nice champion that’s easy to 5 star thanks to the Crusade shop.

Now for your team:

Tank: Shallows Keeper, due to a lack of anything better. He becomes a decent tank at Purple. His purple skill increases his armor. Admiral is pretty much just as good, which isn’t that great. I Suggest you get WarChief as soon as you can, only takes 30 Stones.
    DPS: Shadowleaf, High Crit, versatile Ult that will scale with the amount of remaining enemies and gives a physical damage boost to the entire team. Lunar Guardian is an overall decent damage dealer with a physical attack boost. The downside for this team is that she does magic damage and her ult just boosts the enemy energy levels. It is however one of the better champions you have. Pray for a Fallen Dominion or Cloud Walker from the chests to replace her.
    Utility/Support: Commando, as stated before is an amazing party buffer. She gives the entire team a Physical and Magic attack damage boost, an attack speed boost and extra crit once she is purple. Her ult and basic attacks aren’t amazing but her buffs compensate for that. Old Curse has a high damage output and can freeze the enemy team nullifying their damage completely for a short duration. His ult slows the entire enemy team. Only 1 champion can replace Old Curse in a main team, in my opinion, and that’s Vengeance Spirit in a full physical team. Old Curse is a lot easier to get to 5 stars so its a solid bet.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitan View Post
    Hi dudes i got 59 and i am preparing to grand arena , can you help me with team ? Cause i am confused with this champs and what will be the best :

I was thinking about

DMG + LIFE STEAL

War Chief , Commando , Arcane sapper , lunar , shadowleaf

Magic

Mystick , phoenix , old curse , sooul hunter, succubus

Rest

venegeance , savage , silencer , bear , shadow shaman .

Please make some respond
    Thx.
    DMG + Lifesteal:

Replace Arcane Sapper with Vengeance Spirit, this team doesnt have a Utility champion. Arcane sapper wont work well without champions to support him until he is able to unleast his damage. Without the proper support, he will die within seconds.

Magic:

aim for Ember Blade from the GA shop. Once you have him change to this setup: Vengeance Warrior / Ember Blade / Silencer / Succubus / Old Curse.

Rest team:

Just make sure you have a Tank, Support and DPS and just dump your strongest champs in there. There is no way you can build up 3 teams at this stage in the game.

Hope this helps!

New Comers Contributor Level 1
    Need some advice and can't seem to start a topic for some reason.

I have heard that Arcane Sapper becomes a team staple at level 73. Does this mean I need to hear him fully at 73 and enchant and NOT promote to Purp +2. Also same question for my Death Mage. Currently have her maxed at Purp +1 and don't feel the gears are as good at Purp +2.

Help please

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    hello everybody,
    I'm level 52 now and I have too many heros to keep them at max level.
    Some guild members told me that later in game they use a different team set up than in earlier game so I need a help to know which heros I should grow up and which one I could leave.

These are my heros ATM:

TANK:

Admiral Purple 2* lvl 52
    War chief Purple 2* lvl 52
    Cleric Blue+2 2* lvl 52 (near to 3*)
    Shallows Keeper Blue+2 2* lvl 50
    Vanguard Warrior Blue+2 1* lvl 45
    Psychopatch lvl 1
    Arcane Sapper lvl 1
    Deep voice lvl 1

CENTRAL:

Phoenix Purple 3* lvl 52
    Sucubbus Blue+2 3* lvl 52
    Old Curse Blue+2 2* lvl 52
    Frostmage Purple 3* lvl 52
    Emberstar Blue+2 2* lvl 50
    Machinist Blue+2 2* lvl 45
    Lightning Master Blue+2 1* lvl 45
    Tusked Storm Blue+2 1* lvl 45
    Ice Mage 2* lvl 1

BACK:

Mystic Purple 2* lvl 52
    Wind Master Purple 3* lvl 52
    Chaplain Purple 2* lvl 52
    Commando Purple 2* (near to 3*) lvl 52
    Shadow of the leaves Blue+2 2* lvl 50
    Lighting spirt Blue 1* lvl 25
    Sniper Blue+2 1* lvl 35
    Rifle Man Blue+2 1* lvl 45
    Forest Guardian lvl 1

Please someone help me to understand.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by cfaliao View Post
    So basically, the heroes i see everyone praising are as follows:
    warchief
    death knight
    commando
    chaplain
    old curse
    wind master

these should be my top goals on getting asap eh?
    Somewhat right. Champions, with the current pool of champions the game offers, that you will remain using for ever are:

WarChief, Commando, Old Curse. These 3 are fit for any use, Campaign, PvP, Crusade. Chaplain is maybe the most important champion for crusade. Death Knight loses his magic at higher lvl but will still be usable for Crusade. Wind Master, well, i guess she is great at low level because she is a 3 star champion. Her ult does a lot of magic damage, but that’s about it. It's not a champion that i would use in any team. She can be used in Outland for stuff like lord of caves i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by agedwisdom View Post
    Hi guys and gals, whats a good team setup for campaign, crusade, and arena. Here's my selection of lvl 50 chars:

Windmaster (blue+2, 3*)
    Bear Warrior (blue +2, 3*)
    Shadowleaf (blue +2, 2*)
    Imperial Executioner (blue+2, 2*)
    Cleric (blue +2, 2*)
    Frost Mage (blue +2, 2*)
    Chaplain (Blue +2, 2*)
    War Chief (Blue +2, 2*)
    Commando (blue +2, 2*)
    Lightning Master (blue +2, 1*)
    Emberstar (blue +2, 2*)
    Arcane Sapper (blue +2, 1*)
    Admiral (blue +2, 2*)
    Vanguard Warrior (blue +2, 2*)
    Pheonix (blue +2, 2*)
    Mystic (Blue +2, 2*)

I have Shallows, Machinist, Rifleman, and Psychopath but they are not leveled. Those on the list are all level 50, with a few 47ish
    Hello Agewisdom,

Choosing from your current champion pool, i would make the following teams.

Arena:
    Tank: War Chief
    DPS: Shadowleaf, Phoenix, Wind Master
    Utility/Support: Commando

Campaign:
    I personally always use my arena team for campaign, so i will suggest the same for you. If you need to, you can always switch out Wind Master out for Chaplain.

Crusade:
    There is no perfect team that will give you 15/15 all the time. Crusade, just like attacking in PvP is about knowing your champions and how to use them to counter the oposing team. Personally i use 3 main Champions and add what i need each fight. Usually only use tanks in the last 3 fights. I do suggest to keep Chaplain up to par since she is very important for crusade, thanks to her heal obviously.

If you need motivation for the champiosn, read the last few pages of the topic.

Hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidda View Post
    Level 60 looking for some advice on what to do. who to drop and work on.
    Thanks.
    Hello Kidda,

At lvl 60 you should be getting ready for Grand Arena, you will have to work a little on new champions to get 2 good teams but in my opinion, the following champions are worth leveling and deserve the effort to make them 5 star.

Commando, Shadowleaf, Warchief, Death Mage, Old Curse, Ember Blade, Chaplain and Phoenix.

Commando, Shadowlead and War Chief for your physical team. Add Vangeance Spirit and Cloud Walker or Fallen Dominion to make a decent Physical team.

Old Curse, Phoenix and Ember Blade for your magic team. Add Silencer and Vanguard Warrior to make the "Holy trinity" (Ember Blade, Vanguard Warrior and Silencer).

Obviously, if you get new champions, the advice could change.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by GuruSteez View Post
    Hey guys, Guru here. I'm level 48 and looking for some advice and guidance on my team. So far my heroes are::

Iron hoof*** lvl 48, death mage** 48, old curse ** 48, succubus*** 48, commando *** 48, mystic ** 48, wandering Spearman *** 48, rifleman*** 48, frost mage ** 48, chaplain** 48, silencer** 48, admiral* 40, Ember star* 29, lighteningmaster* 28,shadow leaf *25, phoenix *1, warrior monk*** 1, master mage ***1, pilot** 1, savage **1,cleric* 1, shallows keeper* 1, tusked storm* 1, lightening spirit* 1, arcane sapper *1, psychopath *1,machinist *1,sniper *1

In arena i typically use: iron hoof, death mage, succubus, old curse, commando.

I was thinking in purple tier that I could possibly run iron hoof, old curse, succubus, mystic, frost mage (for solid magic output? )

I'm not sure If that's enough control or if it's too fragile. I'm just looking to invest in characters that scale well and possibly have a few set ups.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    -Guru
    Hello GuruSteez,

With the Champions you currently have i must agree that a magix setup is a good way to go. Ironhoof is at this level indeed the best tank in your possession. Frost Mage and Original Curse as your utility/DPS Champs and Mystic as support and buffer. Succubus as a DPS, all very solid choices. You might want to switch out Frost Mage for Phoenix if you need more punch. I personally fin Frost Mage her damage a little low, but she does compensate for that with her shield and the debuff that lowers magic resistance. The choice is yours really, i think both will work.

Hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelius View Post
    Need some advice and can't seem to start a topic for some reason.

I have heard that Arcane Sapper becomes a team staple at level 73. Does this mean I need to hear him fully at 73 and enchant and NOT promote to Purp +2. Also same question for my Death Mage. Currently have her maxed at Purp +1 and don't feel the gears are as good at Purp +2.

Help please
    Arcane Sapper is great but you need to build a team around him. The reason why people dont promote him at higher lvl's until they can equip the full next tier is due to Purple + 1 and 3. Those tiers have Kreln's Leaf in it, which gives 30 dodge rating. Sure he gets that when you promote him but the reason not to is enchanting. IF you want to wait with promoting, do it at +1 and +3, but in the end, you cant effort not to promote.

Death Mage is a great asset to Crusade. She is one of the best if not THE best champion to have in there. For PvP... she isn’t that great.

New Comers
    Curious for your all opinion here:

Currently working with these my main 8, what do you recommend for arena set up and which team is least easy to counter against

All heroes are p+4 level 86:

CW 5 star
    FD 4 star
    AS 5 star
    WC 4 star
    Commando 5 star
    VS 4 star
    Panda 4 star
    Succubus 5 star

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Guys, thanks everyone again.

Since time have passed, my team changed a bit.

Right now, I'm level 47, so is my heroes. my team right now is:

- Warchief (2 stars), Phoenix (2 stars), Commando (2 stars), Shadow Leaf (2 stars), Succubus (3 Stars)
    - Also have Mystic (2 stars) and Admiral (2 stars).

Now, talking about ARENA, my questions are:

1- Should I put Mystic on the place of any of the heroes?
    2- Just got POISONED ONE (3 stars). Is he worth to invest, and put on my team? Wich hero should I replace

Thanks, guys!

New Comers
    Hi ! I'm a French player, but I grew up very quickly in this game thanks to your valuable advice , thank you! Now i want more personal advice, please. I just want to know if my two teams will be always well in the future. Firstly my Arena team: - WC (Purple+1). - Ice Mage (Purple + 1). -Succubus (Purple +1). - Commando (Purple+1). - Professional Killer (Purple +1). And then my croisad team: -DK (P+1). - Death Mage (P+1). - Old Curse (P+1). - Chaplain (P+1). - Mystic (P+1). I'm level 66, like all my heroes. I just like to know if I should change a hero to another,which would be better in one of the two teams, of the two (even one that I did not mention ) . After you told me this, I would be at the top in HC thanks to you, thank you very much.

New Comers
    I can't seem to start my own thread... is anyone out there keen on making a thread on what to focus on from 50+ ??

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Why every one write in here your's teams ? They should make a new post ?