Thread: Shadow Shaman - Crusade

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Shadow Shaman - Crusade

Shadow Shaman:
    Is he a reliable change for Chaplain ? Or is the goat still a better option.
    Anyway how is his energy recharge? How is his heal, is it better then chaplains?
    And how or his other spells, do they synergies better then chaplains with the teammates?
    Anyone tested this fellow in crusade?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown1 View Post
    Shadow Shaman:
    Is he a reliable change for Chaplain ? Or is the goat still a better option.
    Anyway how is his energy recharge? How is his heal, is it better then chaplains?
    And how or his other spells, do they synergies better then chaplains with the teammates?
    Anyone tested this fellow in crusade?
    i tested them and:

Shadow
    Heal is like chain heal and bounces 3 times (kinda sucks if your whole team is damaged but if only your front two are damaged the heal is amazing)
    Shadow curse does a lot of damage over time
    vaynes blessing is amazing but often misunderstood... it gives a shield of 2-10k but only works when the hero is about to die... ie under 1 life
    Weave is great because it reduces the whole enemy teams armor by at least 32 if i remember correctly and can synergise well with other dps heroes

Chaplain
    her heal is an aoe heal (targets your whole team) and procs 4 times...
    Pilum does a bit of damage
    Convert (changes your battle to a 6v4 for a very short time)
    inviobility increases chaplain survivability a lot (but not the team)

Healing:
    when i did the testing shadow healed 3.3k (10k total) at skill level 42 and chaplain healed 850 per wave at skill level 52 (3400 per hero) (17k total) if only the tank gets damaged shadow heal is substantially better but this will not always be the case) thus in the long run to sustain the whole team chaplain heals better...

Damage:
    Shadow does a lot more damage both with his skills and auto attack and his purple skill is insane if your team does physical damage as it indirectly boosts all physical damage for your team.

Support:
    Chaplain converts an enemy where it sometimes interrupts a cast, but it doesnt last very long
    Shadow gives your character with the lowest life a shield that will keep the hero alive for a noticeable time (it casted on my war chief numerous times before he died and then again after he revived and technically gives him +-6-20k more life - wins games for me at least)

Survival:
    Shadow is in mid so he dies befor chaplain and her ult gives her 20+% physical resist so she survives longer...

Shadow base energy regen at lvl 53 (when i tested them) was about 700 where chaplain was 450... shadow is almost always at full energy at the end of a battle (if you did not use it)

in crusade chaplain supports the team better in the long run but shadow can prevent heroes from dieing and he increases your teams damage output... and if you train both when one dies you can replace them...

if you insist on a healer in arena shadow in my opinion would be better, and for giuld raids shadow is amazing in comparison to chaplain if your tank can survive a few hits...

But the decision is yours and maybe there is more insight from other players...

Thanks for the very usefull insight.
    Still looking forward for some reviews, preferably both chaplain and shadow lvl 50+.
    And I'm only interested in crusade for this healers.
    By the way, regarding the comment when one dies use the other it's not really the case, since chaplain dies last, if you already lost the rest it won't be of much help to have a spare.

Thanks, still looking forward for some more insight.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Mystara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown1 View Post
    Thanks for the very usefull insight.
    Still looking forward for some reviews, preferably both chaplain and shadow lvl 50+.
    And I'm only interested in crusade for this healers.
    By the way, regarding the comment when one dies use the other it's not really the case, since chaplain dies last, if you already lost the rest it won't be of much help to have a spare.

Thanks, still looking forward for some more insight.
    Some heroes actually attack the backline (Arcane Sapper) and have damaging abilities that attack the back (Pilot, Ice Mage etc), and since Chaplain usually has less Health than the Center and Front, it can die before the others when unlucky.

That's why it's good to have a backup healer just in case, like Shadow Shaman or Cleric for Crusade.
    http://forum.ucool.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30906&dateline=141327  9605

Quote Originally Posted by Mystara View Post
    Some heroes actually attack the backline (Arcane Sapper) and have damaging abilities that attack the back (Pilot, Ice Mage etc), and since Chaplain usually has less Health than the Center and Front, it can die before the others when unlucky.

That's why it's good to have a backup healer just in case, like Shadow Shaman or Cleric for Crusade.
    Never happens in crusade
    P.S I find cleric incredibly useless as a healer

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Alendris's Avatar
    In fact cleric is usefull when the opponent team don't have aoe damage.

I switch between him and chaplain in crusade in accordind to opponent team.

For exemple if opponent team is 2 tank and one mid laner and 2 stron mono target back laner, i use cleric, he heal strong and often but only one target.

And if team is only aoe damage for sure you remove cleric and put shaman or chaplain...

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Alendris View Post
    In fact cleric is usefull when the opponent team don't have aoe damage.

I switch between him and chaplain in crusade in accordind to opponent team.

For exemple if opponent team is 2 tank and one mid laner and 2 stron mono target back laner, i use cleric, he heal strong and often but only one target.

And if team is only aoe damage for sure you remove cleric and put shaman or chaplain...
    Don't count on these being the case the higher level you are.