Thread: Spearman vs Admiral!!

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Question Spearman vs Admiral!!

So guys i have this team:
    Front: Admiral and Arcane sapper
    Central: Old curse
    Back: Commando and Wind master.

So here my question. Recently i got Wandering Spearman and i am thinking to remove Admiral and put Spearman. Pls tell me your opinion guys!Thanx!!
    Last edited by Cytrous; 10-08-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Arcane sapper can't tank anything.
    If you remove admiral you have no tank.
    But on the other hand admiral is very crappy in comparison to the wondering spearmen.
    So basicly my post did not help at all lol.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Get a tank instead of admiral, use spearman and kick wind master( or Arcane Sapper).

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Mystara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrous View Post
    So guys i have this team:
    Front: Admiral and Arcane sapper
    Central: Old curse
    Back: Commando and Wind master.

So here my question. Recently i got Wandering Spearman and i am thinking to remove Admiral and put Spearman. Pls tell me your opinion guys!Thanx!!
    Certainly, you rarely need Two Frontliners during normal play, one is sufficient for most content, depending on team-setup of course.

Problem is that Arcane Sapper is quite Squishy. His Purple skill adds Magic resistance, but he cannot tank anything until then (or even then?). He is mainly a distraction currently, to help the rest of them (he gains all attention when he teleports in).

Hopefully they add more Dodge and Life-items for him to use each Promotion. Then he would be more sustainable.

If you want a sturdier Frontliner, you could go for Shallows or Cleric.
    Even Cleric have more sustain than Arcane or Admiral (before Purple) due to his Shields, Armor, HP and Heals, and could pass as your tank "in a pinch" until you find a better one.

Don't forget to join a Guild as well, then you can use a Mercenary-Tank (that you hire), until you get a Shallows, Savage, Warrior Monk, Mountain, Brute, WarChief etc
    http://forum.ucool.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30906&dateline=141327  9605

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 Mert's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown1 View Post
    Arcane sapper can't tank anything.
    If you remove admiral you have no tank.
    But on the other hand admiral is very crappy in comparison to the wondering spearmen.
    So basicly my post did not help at all lol.
    roflmao!!!

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Acanis View Post
    Get a tank instead of admiral, use spearman and kick wind master( or Arcane Sapper).
    I'd defenently not kick wind master for the speamen. She is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystara View Post
    Certainly, you rarely need Two Frontliners during normal play, one is sufficient for most content, depending on team-setup of course.

Problem is that Arcane Sapper is quite Squishy. His Purple skill adds Magic resistance, but he cannot tank anything until then (or even then?). He is mainly a distraction currently, to help the rest of them (he gains all attention when he teleports in).

Hopefully they add more Dodge and Life-items for him to use each Promotion. Then he would be more sustainable.

If you want a sturdier Frontliner, you could go for Shallows or Cleric.
    Even Cleric have more sustain than Arcane or Admiral (before Purple) due to his Shields, Armor, HP and Heals, and could pass as your tank "in a pinch" until you find a better one.

Don't forget to join a Guild as well, then you can use a Mercenary-Tank (that you hire), until you get a Shallows, Savage, Warrior Monk, Mountain, Brute, WarChief etc
    Is Cleric better than Admiral? I think admiral is more like damage char but cleric is more like buffer.
    Last edited by Cytrous; 10-09-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrous View Post
    Is Cleric better than Admiral? I think admiral is more like damaga char but cleric is more like buffer.
    I am wondering about the same thing.
    Please respond to this question if you know the response.

I feel sometimes, when the Admiral is not well gared or the dps team not geared enough he lose this HP ultra fast compared to Brute 3 star. Admiral 1 star ofc.

He can't go out without the healer: Chaplain. But id there is a weak tank and a healer, then the DPS is to few.
    Last edited by heroeszabi; 10-09-2014 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heroeszabi View Post
    I am wondering about the same thing.
    Please respond to this question if you know the response.

I feel sometimes, when the Admiral is not well gared or the dps team not geared enough he lose this HP ultra fast compared to Brute 3 star. Admiral 1 star ofc.

He can't go out without the healer: Chaplain. But id there is a weak tank and a healer, then the DPS is to few.
    I have her +2 blue and all her items full crafted. Also i am ready to give her a second star. Of course i am collecting War chief soulstones now but until then ill keep her. I think Admiral is way better from Cleric because of her damage.

To be honest I never found Admiral that bad, at 52 ** Purple she usually stays alive easier than a equal Shallow's Keeper. I really don't know how.

Wandering Spearman is supposed to be a damage dealer, he got the stats for tanking but cannot really do it, for starter he does not cleave/aoe meaning slow energy regen and not exactly top of the notch damage, secondly he shines when he can use his ulti but to do so he sacrifices half his life (not exactly a tanky feature). I actually love him but can't seem to find a place for him at the moment.

Arcane Sapper on the other hand shouldn't be considered a front liner, on his second attack he'll be at the enemy's backline with no tanking duties at all.

Banned Contributor Level 4

Guild

Servidor: 15 - Bear Warrior
    Guild: Royal Club
    ID: 21837

GoGo Brazukas! " Lvl- 32 "