Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghost mode

Question Ghost mode

It seems that ever since Evony mass banned a bunch of people awhile back there is an ongoing problem with "ghosting," wherein a player is able to perform all functions as normal EXCEPT speak in chat. Realm chat, alliance chat, private chat - none of them work. The ghost player can see their own chat, but no one else can see it.
    Previously this problem also extended to requesting reins, since the request appeared in alliance chat. Now that it appears on the sidebar that's not an issue anymore.
    This problem affects people at random it seems, and cures itself at random too. People seem to enter and leave ghost mode without doing anything to change their systems.

Now, I know the standard Evony support line for this type of problem, so let me give you a quick rundown of everything that I've tried to fix this problem. My past life was in IT so I know how to do all this stuff properly, but none of them have worked.
    - Cleared cache and all browsing history
    - Tried 3 different browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox. I had never logged into COE using IE or Firefox before)
    - Uninstalled/reinstalled Flash
    - Uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome
    - Reinstalled IE
    - Disabled built-in Flash extension in Chrome
    - Changed password on account (someone said this worked for them)
    - Rebooted several times
    - Dropped from alliance and rejoined several times
    - Deleted Flash stored data for COE, and insured the storage limit was maxed
    - Tried using my wife's laptop, which has never had COE played on it ever before
    - Logged in from a PC that was not connected to my home network
    - Logged in through a VPN
    - I checked for any installed updates to Windows or Chrome, there were none (Running Win 7 64-bit Home) I also don't do auto-updates.
    - Several different combinations of the above while being logged out of COE (Closed COE, changed password, cleared cache, rebooted / reinstalled Chrome and Flash and cleared Flash data / etc)

None of this worked.

Now, let's throw another interesting tidbit into this mess. A very good friend of mine who has been playing Evony with me since the early days of Age 1 logged into my account to try and chat, and it worked. This led me to believe it was something to do with my IP address or my laptop. But as you can see from above I have tried things that would eliminate both of those as potential causes with no success. To make it even more interesting, the day that Evony released it's last big patch I was able to chat normally. I thought my ghost problem had been solved, but a mere 2 days later the problem returned. During those two days I was out of town on a camping trip, and was not logged into COE at all and no one was using my laptop, so nothing on the system itself would have changed while I was away.

So, short of reformatting my laptop, which may not even fix the problem, what can I do to get myself out of "ghost mode"? If anyone has a suggestion I will happily try it.

IF EVONY HAS A SOLUTION I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT!!!!!! And please don't tell me to open a support ticket. You (Evony) haven't even responded to my last ticket requests from over a month ago, even though I am still sending you regular reminders / requests for a response.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Get this into bugs Hanshi now and send to support

Soooo, sent in a ticket on this and have gotten nothing from Evony aside from the canned response... Anyone else want to take a guess?

BluesLady just needs to close the 100s of alt windows or try just logging 1 account for a few days. She has loggins for most of tek and runs the accounts for them. Maybe you gave her your keys and it ghosted because of that?

BluesLady has told me that logging into others accounts is allowed. I am not so sure of that so never give out my log in info. It was requested while I was in her alliance. She feels having 100s of alts are also ok since it helps those who cannot coin. I was not ok with that either and I have seen proof ucool does not allow it as they have stated in another thread.
    Last edited by <TPG>toxic; 06-12-2014 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by <TPG>toxic View Post
    BluesLady just needs to close the 100s of alt windows or try just logging 1 account for a few days. She has loggins for most of tek and runs the accounts for them. Maybe you gave her your keys and it ghosted because of that?

BluesLady has told me that logging into others accounts is allowed. I am not so sure of that so never give out my log in info. It was requested while I was in her alliance. She feels having 100s of alts are also ok since it helps those who cannot coin. I was not ok with that either and I have seen proof ucool does not allow it as they have stated in another thread.
    toxic I don't have hanish Logins and never had but he has been ghosting since the day they banned some players...Get you facts straight before sounding off here ..I never requested your login ever Toxic ...Don't want them don't need them...

Quote Originally Posted by <TEK>BluesLady View Post
    toxic I don't have hanish Logins and never had but he has been ghosting since the day they banned some players...Get you facts straight before sounding off here ..I never requested your login ever Toxic ...Don't want them don't need them...
    Blueslady, stop logging into others accounts and stop with all the alts. You dropped as host because you fear being banned. Just play straight and you have nothing to fear.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    well toxic all of us have alts even you toxy .... if i remeber well ur alliance have 4 alt alliances which are TheCure,TheScaryPlace,Asylum,and Apathy and all of them are urs i think ... you are lecturing our great boss about 3 or 4 alts she have forgetting that neptunesdingo "host of ur alliance" is alt for u lolz .... i know its hard 2 be loser and not rank#1 alliance ... i know you are jelous cuz you had not had the rank#1 alliance and the last 30k gems gifts 4 our members has make u lose the position of the only maxed city player.. i know you are angry cuz our members has made ur city as hero lvl-up city ... but this isn't a reason 2 attack players in forums and report every player who surpass u or defeat u .. try 2 learn that this is a game and u can't win all times .... try 2 relax and remeber tis game girl .... btw, i think u need an urgent psychological treatment .. join ur alt alliance asylum to have the proper cure lolz .. regards m'lady

Quote Originally Posted by <TEK>Sana View Post
    well toxic all of us have alts even you toxy .... if i remeber well ur alliance have 4 alt alliances which are TheCure,TheScaryPlace,Asylum,and Apathy and all of them are urs i think ... you are lecturing our great boss about 3 or 4 alts she have forgetting that neptunesdingo "host of ur alliance" is alt for u lolz .... i know its hard 2 be loser and not rank#1 alliance ... i know you are jelous cuz you had not had the rank#1 alliance and the last 30k gems gifts 4 our members has make u lose the position of the only maxed city player.. i know you are angry cuz our members has made ur city as hero lvl-up city ... but this isn't a reason 2 attack players in forums and report every player who surpass u or defeat u .. try 2 learn that this is a game and u can't win all times .... try 2 relax and remeber tis game girl .... btw, i think u need an urgent psychological treatment .. join ur alt alliance asylum to have the proper cure lolz .. regards m'lady
    I have no alts and the rest makes no sense. : ) You guys should not be sharing log ins. I think it is against TOS but I may be wrong. Perhaps a rep can clarify that the same as they have about alts. Alts are NOT allowed.
    Last edited by <TPG>toxic; 06-12-2014 at 10:50 AM.

yeah i believed u lolz we also have no alts they are all players who join the family of rank#1 since they feel more safe than rank#4 lvl5 alliance

yeah i believed u lolz we also have no alts they are all players who join the family of rank#1 since they feel more safe than rank#4 lvl5 alliance
    Then please inform your vice host that alts are against the rules. Go read Bluelady's posts in here,She still feels it is ok since they have not banned anyone yet for it. She did drop the host job just in case she gets banned.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    we have no alts 2 inform about .... its better to inform ur alliance that alts are prohibited ... tell them to report the alt Farm.3 located at the coords 963.975 to COE stuff o they close it for good ... and u better close all other alts in tsp,ace,asm alliances .... ah i remembered ... let ur alt neptunes abdicate the host position 2 u and report it 2 evony so they close it also ... after all no 1 must make alts m'lady .. u r not above tos

Quote Originally Posted by <SoD>Teyya View Post
    we have no alts 2 inform about .... its better to inform ur alliance that alts are prohibited ... tell them to report the alt Farm.3 located at the coords 963.975 to COE stuff o they close it for good ... and u better close all other alts in tsp,ace,asm alliances .... ah i remembered ... let ur alt neptunes abdicate the host position 2 u and report it 2 evony so they close it also ... after all no 1 must make alts m'lady .. u r not above tos
    I know you feel that ucool will do nothing about alts. Both you and BluesLady feel justified in using them to keep up with "coiners". I feel ucool meansit when they say they want them gone. I do not use alts. I hope Ucool looks into all reported accounts including my own. They did a good job with the cheat engine being used on the campaigns and hopefully will stop it being used on cleo too now. I truly believe Ucool is intent on running a clean game. kudos to them for that

lolz we dont need an alts to keep up with coiners like u ur alts in tcr,tsp,ace,and asm are perfect source of gold and resources necessary 4 us

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    lolz we dont need an alts to keep up with coiners like u ur alts in tcr,tsp,ace,and asm are perfect source of gold and resources necessary 4 us
    Ace isn't an alt alliance i was there for over a week and was no hits from TPG there plus there a fairly active bunch . I cant speak for the other alliances though as i know barely anything about them.

I don't have any alts.