Thread: Commando

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Commando

Hi Fellow leaders.

Can someone please help clear this up.

Is the 25% boost from Commandos 2nd skill always active or only sometimes?

Also, She doesn't really do a lot of damage so I did a test running the same fight multiple times with the same setup except for swapping out leaves shadow for commando. Here are the numbers I got for DPS

Setup 1 (DPS Numbers are rounded)
    DK----------------------6K
    Cleric-------------------0.8K
    Lighting Master--------32K
    WindMaster------------30K
    Leaves Shadow--------30K

Setup 2 (DPS Numbers are rounded)
    DK----------------------7.5K
    Cleric-------------------1.2K
    Lighting Master--------36K
    WindMaster------------35K
    Commando------------6K

The only problem here is that My Commando is at a lower level and her talents are still low. Can someone please repeat this test with heroes that have their skills at the same level so that we can all see how much the real difference is.

I ran the fight on Chapter VII Final Fight and Turned on Auto Fight every time, Ran each scenario 3 times, results were similar each time and with setup 2 I only just survived the fight, setup 1 came through it with much more living heroes.

Thanks for helping prove this

Taranus
    -----------------------------------
    Of all the things I've lost in life I miss my mind the most

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Answer to your first question is her buff is only active during the first +-5 seconds of the fight

The main part is the increased speed helps your team to cast their US a millisecond faster than a team who does not have a Commando and in my case if my team ults first i win... (stuck at top 10 in arena)
    Another aspect is her BS has a long stun and always activates at the start of the battle stunning their main tank
    (Extra note* her speed and stun combined with succubus or WM -(i dont have her but am sure it will work better) US at start of crusade battle 'wins' you enough ground to cause mid ranged skills (like old curse aoe skills) to hit the whole enemy team (including leaves shadow and other annoying back-liners))

With her purple skill in mind her skill set seams more like a support setup than a dps...

Extra notes:
    1) I tested it in broken homes and hearts stage VII because... *reasons*
    2) my whole team is lvl 46 max skilled and max enhanced gear and all of them are 3* (commando 4* because, awesome...)
    3) as all other characters in the game they have roles and i see commando more as a support so i decided to have 3 setups comparing support and dps characters...

My setups for your test was as follows:
    1)
    Brute- - - - - - - -18k
    Old Curse - - - - - 30k
    Silencer - - - - - - 10k
    Lunar Guardian - - 27k
    Commando - - - - 14k
    2)
    Brute - - - - - - - 16k
    Old Curse - - - - -22k
    Silencer - - - - - - 8k
    Lunar Guardian - - 18k
    Succubus - - - - - 35k
    3)
    Brute - - - - - - - 15k
    Old Curse - - - - - 30k
    Lunar Guardian - - 22k
    Succubus - - - - - 14k
    Commando - - - - 16k
    all setups did the same amount of damage if you add it together +-98k

Setup 1 and 2 completed the dungeon in the same amount of time with the last stage final time at 1:17 when the fight ended
    Setup 2 succubus used her US twice where in 3 she only used it once due to the extra damage of the team
    Setup 3 on the other hand ruined the last wave in half the time...

As we can see in setup 1 and 2 the time had no difference and the damage was distributed the same but setup 3 well silencer is a support... nuf said haha

In setup 3 (my opinion) the dps is high but with no 'focused' support is seems irrelevant as the enemy ruins me with their ults (i did not use shadow because of the 2*)

furthermore her impact in short battles is amazing... This might be different in the new Raid instances because the battle 'should' last longer (even though my team gets wiped way to fast haha)

My conclusion is that commando is exceptional in supporting your team with the stun and boosts as well as the decent damage output that she provides in all game modes... My personal opinion is that she is one of the few heroes who is *irreplaceable* and worth investing in
    Last edited by Cessation; 10-02-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Thanks....You Rock!!!

Thanks for testing this. looks like I have to get my commando geared up so that I can also benefit from this, especially for Arena
    -----------------------------------
    Of all the things I've lost in life I miss my mind the most

what skills to pump for commando?

Well, Commando is for arena... So you have to skill everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Acanis View Post
    Well, Commando is for arena... So you have to skill everything.
    I agree, every skill makes a huge difference in battle, is well worth maxing all

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Her ulti feels underpowered. Does she have high enough magic for meteor to be devastating? Or is it just "max b/c she's core so you have to" regardless of raw power?

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by buchilala View Post
    Her ulti feels underpowered. Does she have high enough magic for meteor to be devastating? Or is it just "max b/c she's core so you have to" regardless of raw power?
    Her ultimate is underpowered, but it compensates allot with the other spells which all rock