Thread: attacking walls

attacking walls

i will send an attack in and they break through the walls, even after they killed 1 they just start on the 1 next to it insted of going on to kill building, sometimes kill 5 or 6 walls in a row without going inside, hope u can understand me here

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    yup I noticed that grunts will kill a defensive building then rather than go for the next closest target they chose the closest building behind walls.

Very strange and makes them less effective.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Infantry, archers and thieves attack good enough.
    Grunts will attack any defensive unit, but I wish I could send grunts and click on the unit I want them to attack which may also help when they are running in place ?
    Saboteurs are good for walls but should be able to be directed maybe with a click too.
    Wizards will attack any building or unit and again it would be nice to click on what you want them to attack.
    Since the lost cost air defense can bring down lanterns (which are way overpriced compared to the air defense) the lanterns are pretty much useless.
    Elephants are ok but cost too much.

The reason why Grunts have elected to hit walls in sequence instead of continuing on to the next building is because of a glitch in their programming where it registers walls as a defensive unit. This also allows cleopatra to take control of it using Charm. It didn't used to work like that, but since Cleopatra's abilities were introduced, walls are now a grunt's favorite target.

cadencaden

Administrator Contributor Level 10 Ember's Avatar
    Thanks for the feedbacks.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    When I started here my thieves primarily hit resources, now they hit walls that have already been broken through. The description says their primary target is resources but that no longer seems to be the case. What good are they then?

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    back before you guys at evony changed the AI of troops, foot units would target the the defensive structure on the other side of the wall. witch would cause them to attack the wall, destroy it and move to the target. now they target the walls them selves!! i cant tell you how many battles that ive lanched troops and had them just pick off wall after wall. the wizards and other ranged units run through the open walls to get picked off, but the infantry and grunts will stay behind and bust walls! this causes small and big citys alike to be more powerfull then they should be! im thinking a simple program change could put things back to the way they were.