Thread: Feeling like getting weaker and weaker

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Feeling like getting weaker and weaker

Hey,

maybe you can help me with my team setup. My start with news heroes were kinda fine, was easy TOP 400 arena after 1 day and now its hard to get TOP 500 and I stuck at max 8. stage crusader...

How many max. heroes I need to be fine at crusader? Kinda expensive to invest in more than the core team.

My team:
    • Succubus (3 Star - 53) - purple - max skills
    • Cleric (3 Stars - 53) - purple - max skills
    • Ice Mage (3 Stars - 53) - purple - max skills
    • Admiral (3 Stars - 53) - purple - nearly max skills
    • Leaves Shadow (2 Stars - 53) - purple - nearly max skills
    • Lighning Master (2 Stars - 53) - purple - max skills
    • Imperial Executioner (2 Stars - 53) - purple - max skills
    • Chaplain (2 Stars - 53) - purple
    • Emberstar (2 Stars)
    • Sniper (2 Stars)
    • Commando (2 Stars)
    • Lightning Elemental (3 Stars)
    • Mountain (2 Stars)
    • Shallow Keeper (1 Star)
    • Mystic (1 Star)

Tomorrow I can buy Deadknight. Was so happy, but I see a lot of comments, that he isnt that good?! -.-
    Iam training Chaplain for Crusader and Leaves Shadow for arena.

Usally I used for both as core: Cleric/Admiral/Ice Mage/Lightning Master/Imperial Executioner

My idea was to have a great tanky supporter front line with Cleric and Deadknight, Leaves Shadow in back with some nice extra dmg for my frontliners and Imperial Executioner for CC and singletarget burst and Succubus for melting tanks and heave aoe.

But maybe Iam wrong and Iam getting even weaker?! In arena they often break my first 2 heroes before i get enought energy to do my heavy stuff...

What can I do to get stronger in arena? Any suggestions?

Thanks much!

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Acanis View Post
    Hey,

maybe you can help me with my team setup. My start with news heroes were kinda fine, was easy TOP 400 arena after 1 day and now its hard to get TOP 500 and I stuck at max 8. stage crusader...

How many max. heroes I need to be fine at crusader? Kinda expensive to invest in more than the core team.

My team:
    • Emberstar (2 Stars)
    • Sniper (2 Stars)
    • Commando (2 Stars)
    • Mountain (2 Stars)
    • Mystic (1 Star)

Tomorrow I can buy Deadknight. Was so happy, but I see a lot of comments, that he isnt that good?! -.-

Usally I used for both as core: Cleric/Admiral/Ice Mage/Lightning Master/Imperial Executioner

My idea was to have a great tanky supporter front line with Cleric and Deadknight, Leaves Shadow in back with some nice extra dmg for my frontliners and Imperial Executioner for CC and singletarget burst and Succubus for melting tanks and heave aoe.

But maybe Iam wrong and Iam getting even weaker?! In arena they often break my first 2 heroes before i get enought energy to do my heavy stuff...

Thanks much!
    Your main problem is that you don't have a good tank. At Purple arena, I would advise you to start working on War Chief or Shallows. Also, Commando would help a lot, too.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    +1

Invest Commando, Leaves shadow and Shallow Keeper.

Some heroes are good at the beginning but not in purple and further (Like Death Knight).

In Crusade, it's up to you all but try at least having 2 teams in full gears and skills.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Acanis View Post
    Hey,

My team:
    • Emberstar (2 Stars)
    • Sniper (2 Stars)
    • Commando (2 Stars)
    • Mountain (2 Stars)
    • Mystic (1 Star)

Thanks much!

I guess, your main tank die at stage 9-11, and other team members just cant keep high hp level. If this is the situation, you really need a good tank, such as DK(you can rent him for guild), use arena points to get old curse. Upgrade chaplain, mystic, ice mage, commando, shadow,Succubus as much as possible. When you do 3-12 stages, try to wipe opponent with 1 round ult, you should be able to do this ( you have 3 stages to collect mana).

Be careful when meet high mage dps team, mostly if you ult don't wipe them in 1 round, their ult gona crash you. For this situation, use shadow ult for control, try to make more aoe damage.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Thanks for your advices.

So I really have to invest in commando :/? Leaves Shadow is max skill in 5 min. Shallow is one star and lvl 1... Is it worth to invest? Hes far better than mountain?
    Is drunken master a tank? I could go for im in arena and using DK while this.
    After that going for old curse...

Is Mythic that good in crusader?

Who in my team is in your eyes the worst to keep maxed? Admiral, if I have my tank and probably Lightning Master?

Whats the arena team you suggest?
    Succubus, DK, Leaves Shadow, Imperial Executioner, Commando?
    (Cleric until Commando is ready)

and aiming for old curse and drunken master (if hes no tank for Shallow).

And in guild shop going for 4. star succubus?
    Last edited by Acanis; 10-02-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 dratinax's Avatar
    actually DK do really good at crusade...
    but everyone hate him...

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by dratinax View Post
    but everyone hate him...
    actually most people consider him the best hero for crusade.

i dont think so, but i repect who does. i just dont aceppt people that say he is a must for crusade.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dratinax View Post
    but everyone hate him...
    For the past 4 days, DK is the reason I finished Crusade 15/15.
    Thanks for Rola's advice on my lineup.

Brute*** / DK***
    Old Curse **
    Commando *** / Shadow Shaman ** or Chaplain **
    WM ***
    Leaves **

1st round Commando, then Chaplain or Shadow shaman in after first round.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rola View Post
    actually most people consider him the best hero for crusade.

i dont think so, but i repect who does. i just dont aceppt people that say he is a must for crusade.
    I hire a DK in every crusade. Not having a DK for hire is the only reason when I quit a guild. I sometimes even hire DKs that are 3-4 levels below my team level.
    Server 13
    Shadow
    One Year Anniversary Player

Well till recently I always considered you need 12-15 heroes to finish crusade, but after using a death knight I changed my mind. Finished crusade last 3 days with 6 heroes.
    The team I use that gets me till round 13-14 (after which I change or just use the rest to finish 14-15) is:
    Death knight + ligthining element front
    Succubus mid
    Wind + chaplain back

The trick is lightning +succubus +wind with 3 ultimates kinda take 75% or even wipe out any hero until round 8-10 or so.
    Deathknight mostly never takes damage after round 2 since if you start with his ultimate you finish with the energy charged up and since the battle is very fast due to 2-3x AOE ultimates from your end he does not have time to take damage after his ultimate is over. In case anything goes wrong and the enemy casts some spells or does some damage you have the chaplain to get you back up. Basicly this combo takes me till round 13 without a scratch. After that you can just throw everything (usualy not needed, just the light element tends to die after r13) to finish the 15 rounds.

Good luck

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    How many times you meet those stronger than you, for example 51 meet 55 or something. I think most of *us* stop at such obstacles or at least lose all main force after such obstacles, normally that obstacle appear around round 6-9, sometimes round 5. If *we* don't meet such obstacles too soon, I'm confident to tell that I could reach at least wave 12/15.

I doubt if any combination could defeat those 3-5 level stronger team even they 'only' have 3 or 4 heroes. Maybe *some* don't have to face what *others* have to.
    Last edited by bin; 10-03-2014 at 01:55 PM.

This is what I face in a Non-VIP account:

I'm level 52 when start Crusade
    Wave: (Owner Level - Name/star/level)
    1) 43 - War Chief 2* 43, Giant 2* 42, Succubus 3* 42, Lightning Elemental 3* 41, Leaves Shadow 1* 41
    2) 48 - Necromancer 2* 48, Old Curse 2* 46, Commando 2* 44, Lightning Master 2* 43, Emberstar 2* 44
    3) 46 - Poison Once 3* 45, Brute 3* 45, Lightning Master 1* 43, Emberstar 1* 44, Admiral 2* 44,
    4) 46 - Commando 2* 45, Shallow Keeper 2* 44, Succubus 3* 45, Leave Shadow 1* 44, Admiral 1* 44
    5) 50 - Old Curse 2* 50, War Chief 2* 50, Commando 2* 50, Succubus 3* 50, Leaves Shadow 2* 48
    6) 47 - Savage One 2* 44, Commando 2* 44, Shallow Keeper 2* 44, Lightning Elemental 3* 45, Leaves Shadow 2* 45
    7) 51 - Cleric 2* 51, Sniper 1* 49, Succubus 3* 50, Leaves Shadow 1* 50, Admiral 1* 50
    8) 49 - Necromance 2* 48, DK 3* 48, Old Curse 2* 48, Commando 2* 48, Brute 3* 48
    9) 51 - Ice Mage 2* 50, Commando 2* 50, Shallow Keeper 2* 50, Cleric 2* 50, Succubus 2* 50
    10) 50 - Old Curse 2* 50, Commando 2* 50, Succubus 3* 50, Leaves Shadow 2* 50, Admiral 2* 49
    11) 52 - Necromancer 2*51, Old Curse 2* 50, Admiral 2* 52, Brute 3* 52, Leave Shadow 2* 47
    12) 52 - Old Curse 2* 51, Commando 2* 51, Brute 3* 52, Succubus 3* 51, Leave Shadow 2* 51

Compare to this you will see quite clear differences
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...-vs-Arena-Rank

I got a team of 8 basic countable heroes + 1 Brute hired from Guild, all very basic heroes, no dk, no old curse, no succubus, no wind master, war chief, no any heroes you think is strong. It's quite magnificent base on what I could achieve

I run two teams for Crusade - one cruising team and one brute force team.

My cruising team is Wind Master, Commando, Chaplain, War Chief, Death Knight (merc). The team consists heavily on healers and life steal to help them not lose heroes and relies on mainly the DPS from Wind Master's ultimate which she fires from the start. I run the cruising team against any team that is 3 or more levels below me and/or have only 1 tanker.

Against teams with similar or higher levels and they have two or more tankers, I run my Brute force team. My brute force team consists of Brute, Soul Hunter, Shallows, Admiral, Old Curse and Leaves and other misc heroes that have similarly been levelled and skilled. I also put Commando here sometimes if I believe the team can win with at least the Commando surviving. I run the brute force team against top teams knowing that I'll definitely suffer some casualties.

In some cases, I'm quite willing to trade 5 dead heroes on the Brute force team just to kill one opposing hero and then let the Cruising team takeover and mop up.

The main idea is that I can afford to take dead heroes in team two and I try to keep team one intact as much as possible. In my experience, losing the DK usually means I wouldn't survive to beat fight #15 and that final chest is worth 400 dragon coins.
    Server 13
    Shadow
    One Year Anniversary Player

Day 2

This is my today Crusade, I'm level 53 when start Crusade

Player level - Heroes Name/Star/Level
    1) Lvl 44 - Admiral 2* 44, Emberstar 2* 44, LM 2* 44, Brute 3* 44, Warrior Monk 3* 44
    2) Lvl 56 (krawecki - sound familiar) - Ember 2* 46, Chaplain 2* 47, Pilot 2* 46, Ice Mage 2* 56, DK 3* 52
    3) Lvl 48 - Admiral 1* 48, Leaves Shadow 2* 47, Chaplain 1* 48, Succubus 3* 48, Commando 1* 47
    4) Lvl 49 - Ember 2* 49, Leaves Shadow 2* 49, Lightning Elemental 3* 49, Brute 3* 49, Spearman 3* 49
    5) Lvl 51 - Succubus 3* 51, Brute 3* 51, Bear 3* 51, Commando 2* 49, Wind Master 3* 51
    6) Lvl 50 - Admiral 2* 50, Leaves Shadow 2* 50, Shallow Keeper 2* 50, Commando 2* 50, Old Curse 3* 50
    7) Lvl 50 - LM 2* 50, Lightning Elemental 4* 50, Shallow Keeper 2* 50, Commando 2* 50, War Chief 2* 50
    8) Lvl 51 - Admiral 2* 51, Succubus 3* 51, Commando 3* 51, Old Curse 2* 51, Lightning Elemental 3* 51
    9) Lvl 54 - Admiral 2* 54, Ember 2* 52, Leaves Shadow 2* 53, Wind Master 3* 54, Lightning Elemental 3* 54
    10) Lvl 55 (-barcode-) - Leaves Shadow 3* 55, Commando 3* 55, Spearman 3* 55, Brute 3* 55 (only 4)

I haven't fought wave 10th yet, 3 dead: Admiral 2* 53, Shallow Keeper 2* 53 and Brute 3* 52(hired from Guild).

Just compare to @tangoraven's experiments, you will see my opponents are clearly harder.

From what I'm fighting as an absolutely Non-Vip player, I'm thinking maybe you guys should pay ucool for a VIP status, seems like you unlock easy mode with VIP status.