Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regarding artwork of heroes

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Allen's Avatar

Exclamation Regarding artwork of heroes

Dear Leaders,
    Heroes Charge was updated to version 1.2 earlier; we've heard your voices of the new look of some heroes. Thank you for all the comments and ardent feedback.

Although we know that every change comes at a price, and everyone can appreciate that the first step of change is the hardest, there are a few who are asking why change at all. We feel that we should not look backwards as we’re developing and instead focus on the future. However, we’re implementing an interesting policy whereby we talk with our community about upcoming heroes and gathering your feedback, you’ll be able to impact the way future development happens!

We’ll be working on more heroes and providing more excellent content and art so please keep an eye out in the forum for our talking posts.

Let’s work together to make Heroes Charge a fun game that has even richer content, beautiful images and terrific game-play. We appreciate your comments and will keep striving to provide a simple to play yet irresistibly fun game.

Best Regards
    Heroes Charge Team

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Did you have some troubles with Valve/Blizzard for Heroes' skins?

The previous ones were awesome, and I think no one wanted them to be changed at all, this does not mean we're looking backwards, we just loved the fact they were Warcraft/Dota lookalikes and we would like to have it this way forever.

Of course if there's some trouble with copyrights we can't do much about it, but please be honest to us and tell .

Thanks a lot for your great support and for the time you spend listening to your community, this is anyway awesome.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 ArXs's Avatar
    However, we’re implementing an interesting policy whereby we talk with our community
    That's your explanation after the majority of player has criticized the new hero look.
    To put it in a nutshell, we have to cope with not really gorgeous looking heroes and that for ever. :/
    Thanks for listening to the community. Really looking forward to create some new heroes with you. HAHA
    Last edited by ArXs; 09-30-2014 at 10:07 AM.

New things like the artwork updates will always be a problem for people who don't cope well with changes. In time you get used to the changes and even get to like them at some point.

Not saying every change is a good change but some artwork changes won't freaking kill you.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lala View Post
    New things like the artwork updates will always be a problem for people who don't cope well with changes. In time you get used to the changes and even get to like them at some point.

Not saying every change is a good change but some artwork changes won't freaking kill you.
    I love change. But windmaster art is like replacing monalisa for a teens cartoon

Well.. I kind of agree with that one since the resemblance between leaves shadow's artwork and wind master's is a bit confusing.

And i love green too

Quote Originally Posted by Lala View Post
    Well.. I kind of agree with that one since the resemblance between leaves shadow's artwork and wind master's is a bit confusing.

And i love green too

LOL! Yeah! I agree! But I got used to it.. Hahaha

Banned Contributor Level 4
    I just want my monsters to look monstrous, my heroes to look heroic, and my ladies to look sexy.

I think you guys did a good job updating Ferryman (he looks more monstrous).
    A bad job on Death Knight (he looks less ghostly).
    A bad job on Brute (he looks less like a monster and more like an Indian).
    A bad job on War Chief (I just really liked his red glove before, but he's probably better now really).
    A bad job on Leaves and Wind (they have more clothes on?).
    A bad job on Cleric (where did his heroic, golden hair go?).
    A bad job on Psycho (he is less of a monster with only 1 head).

So.... yeah.... I think the score came out a little low. Just remember: Make monsters more monstrous, make heroes more heroic, and make ladies more sexy. That will make more people more happy.

Xuu
    Admiral Server
    Best Rank: 87

Actually as long as they're not Warcraft/Dota lookalike it will not be satisfying for me. So if you can't make them Dota/WC lookalike as before, you can do almost whatever you want for what I concern :P.

you didnt really think about it

well first of all i want to say that im confused with the text in trials and some other things the english is really bad it dosnt make any sense and for psychopath its text says hes a monster with two heads but well he isnt anymore so the text dosnt make sense again and you miss spelled frost mage it says forst mage :S i really like the game and would like to see better heroes art but there are some other problems like the ones i mentioned that should be corrected if you want to improve about the heroes i think you should think about the art of 1.silencer 2.war chief(when he walks he looks like he has two peaces of wood instead of legs ) 3. leaves shadow(her hair makes her look like an old lady also like wind master) 4. ferryman (he just looks terrible ) 5.psychopat(like i mentioned the two heads he dosnt have them ) 6 warrior monk (he looks retarded ) 7. master mage wtf 8.brute he looks bad
    anyway i love the game and would like to see it improve

Banned Contributor Level 4
    Hey! You be quiet! I really want to get my Forst Mage as soon as she is released!!!!! Forst Mage is the best!

I hope really soon that they released a Frie Mage, a Orck Mage, a Iwnd Mage, a Airn Mage, and maybe even a Reotsf Mage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bilbobaggins View Post
    well first of all i want to say that im confused with the text in trials and some other things the english is really bad it dosnt make any sense and for psychopath its text says hes a monster with two heads but well he isnt anymore so the text dosnt make sense again and you miss spelled frost mage it says forst mage :S i really like the game and would like to see better heroes art but there are some other problems like the ones i mentioned that should be corrected if you want to improve about the heroes i think you should think about the art of 1.silencer 2.war chief(when he walks he looks like he has two peaces of wood instead of legs ) 3. leaves shadow(her hair makes her look like an old lady also like wind master) 4. ferryman (he just looks terrible ) 5.psychopat(like i mentioned the two heads he dosnt have them ) 6 warrior monk (he looks retarded ) 7. master mage wtf 8.brute he looks bad
    anyway i love the game and would like to see it improve
    I agree with most of what you said, especially the english part. Some of the texts are quite retarded. Can't even understand a few of them.

Agreed

It seems to me that ucool has been in the game development for a bit now, but quality management is not one of their strong-suites. As every developer has to find out one way or the other, a certain degree of quality has to be achieved. Especially if it affects e.g. the game-play.

So what I am trying to say is: don't polish or change features if the quality (descriptions, bugs,...) is not right.

Best regards,

The Awesomenauts

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Why not have skins for champ like in dota and lol? We can unlock new skins and looks for champs. Can unlock "traditional" skins lol

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Interesting idea, Gull