Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Basic Understanding of the game Everyone should have

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7

5 Basic Understanding of the game Everyone should have

1- YOU ARE NOT PLAYING WORLD OF WARCRAFT / DOTA

the sooner you realize this the better. this reflects into soo many aspects of the game, specially in the next thing im going to aproach, but also if something is good in those games, dosent mean its good here.

2- YOU ARE BUILDING A TEAM OF HEROES

don't get over obsessed at any one hero in particular. As of this moment, the only hero who has no suitable replacement is commando.
    All other heroes can be replaced with a similar one without any big loss. sometimes it actually takes a combination of heroes.
    for instance u might not have old curse pilot and silencer. so you look what those heroes provide.
    great damage, silence and freeze and atack behind the tank
    so u search for heroes with those abilities, like psych sword,leaves shadow, ice mage, vengeance, machinist.
    and between those u create a mix of what covers your need.

bottom line is your account don't suck because you don't have a brute/dk/old curse/silencer/wind master or whatever. just find a suitable replacement.

3- Before level 80 focus more on CRUSADE then Arena

Crusade is the most important feature in this game cause thats where the rewards are. You should aim to always go 15/15.
    500k more gold and a chance at heroes and epic gear is A LOT more important for your development then 50 gems.
    i will actually do a specific guide on this later. but bottom line is sucess in arena is a consequence of sucess in crusade.
    not the other way around.

4- DONT WORRY ABOUT CAMPAIGN MODE

Dont bother setting up a team for campaign, just use your crusade team. when u face imunes , change some physical for mage or vice-versa and you be fine.
    if u cant kill a enemy to move foward, stop trying. its a waste of stamina. just try again when u gain a new level and upgraded all yours skills.
    and in the swordmaster levels, dont try again until u have gained at least 2 levels and upgrade all your skills.
    theres no biggie if u dont clear all levels asap. i was stuck in a single level for 2 weeks. and it didnt made any diference.

5 - RETEST YOUR TEAM SETUP WITH EVERY LEVEL U GAIN AND AT EVERY NEW PATCH

the power level of heroes change a lot from one level to another. if you dont retest your setup frequently, u might be missing a great oportunity to clear another crusade level or getting a better rank in arena.
    Last edited by Rola; 12-11-2014 at 05:15 PM. Reason: CORRECTING NUMBER 3

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Thanks Rola.

Question for you. Do you get higher rewards from crusade based on your arena rank? Or is it based on your hero levels?

im not 100 % sure on this so i will try to investigate more.
    however the dificult of your crusade is related to your arenak ranking.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 DexterX's Avatar
    But if we drop in arena ranking, at 2100h, the arena rewards will be sucky isnt it?
    when is the best time to drop arena rank to do crusade, and increase in rank for arena rewards?
    Oh I like you. Dayyum.

grtate liver

You can change your line-up to heroes that extremely weak so people can lower your rank. Finish crusade then later use your 5 challenges to gain your rank back for the rewards.

Cool I dont know this works or not but im trying tonight

Quote Originally Posted by DexterX View Post
    But if we drop in arena ranking, at 2100h, the arena rewards will be sucky isnt it?
    when is the best time to drop arena rank to do crusade, and increase in rank for arena rewards?
    Okay say we got our rewards at 9.00pm right? Maybe just maybe the crusade rank starts from there. OR, the rank resets when you are at ranks when 5.00am in the morning when all resets. Got me?

are you sure?

I'm not buying it that crusader difficulty is based on your arena ranking. I tried this, I let my arena rank slip way, way down. Then the next morning I re-started my Crusade and the difficulty did not change whatsoever. Tying crusade difficulty to Arena ranking would be a huge oversight on the dev's part. It would allow the player to "game" the system.

nothing is being sold here for you to buy.

crusade dificult is tied to your arena rank. altough the specifcs arent clear, its is confirmed over and over.
    and why would it be developers oversight?
    it makes perfect sense

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Rola, should I go for Panda or Old curse soul stone in Arena?

man thats really a tough question to answer.
    i cant survive without any of those.
    honestly think theres no correct answer here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rola View Post
    man thats really a tough question to answer.
    i cant survive without any of those.
    honestly think theres no correct answer here.
    I think I'm going to go for Old Curse because, in the long run, I won't be able to evolve Panda.

Also, do you have any information on the October card, Arcane Sapper? Is s/he another must-have card like Commando?

im stoping all advices, opinions and guides until we have some response on how will the 100k gems bug willl be adressed

please sign

http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...1306#post31306

I think Crusade is not related to arena ranking anymore.

I dropped to 18.000 at Arena and raised again top 500 yesterday and everything is the same. You can progress to 13-14/15 if lucky a bit. Don't forget everyone is getting stronger like you in everyday and we are fighting with those players.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    GOD DAMNIT!
    I was power 12000 and chalanged a 15500 power player in arena only to complete daily quest.
    Guess what I am now rank 310 down to 3000+. I hope the things will change by tomorrow when crusade starts
    Next time i'll fight in arena only with my dear lighting elemental