Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Team Setup for Crusade

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    first time i managed to complete crusade without any heroes dying. usual setup dk dm oc chap comm got me through. i took out dk and went on the offensive after about 8 rounds, used pheonix to take out cw/fd teams, worked for me

btw, can silencer's ulti shut out pheonix's one even if he was already using it? thinking of whether to invest in him.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Cleared crusade hard everyday with:
    Dm 3* p+1
    Fm 5* p+2
    Oc 5* p+1
    Ch 3* p+2
    Com 5* p+2
    I'm now 76 & never fail since 53 (after dm promotion to p+1)

btw why can't I create a new thread? I got question about chap's promotion

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by illuminaughty View Post
    I have been completing crusade for the past 2-3 weeks without a miss, sometimes I don't even lose a hero. A Death Knight is really a must! Preferably same as your team level ( or close to) and with good items/enchantments, so best to hire the most expensive DK you can find at your mercenary tab.

At the start of Round 1, I use Commando+Chaplain+Imperial Executioner+Old Curse+Death Knight. Use the lower levels to recharge their energies. Depending on the remaining HP after the fights, I only swap out the Commando if the next fight round has no enemy commando. I swap out OC too to put another hero for energy recharge. So max I take out and put 2 new heroes (any DPS like Succubus, Wind, etc) in order to at least secure the later stages if in need of burst.

When there is an enemy commando, I timely activate the DK ultimate skill (if it is available) to dodge the stun. Most enemy setups run a Warchief, OC and commando (little or no diversity at all). With me having a commando too, the enemy WC gets bursted down fast. Before he gets back up, I burst down the enemy OC with my Imperial Executioner ultimate (very high magic crit chance, 11-12K is common). The rest is relatively easy. The CC skills from my IE and OC are enough to lockdown any enemy hero.

I sometimes clear crusade with just these 5 heroes, although I feel much secure filling up other heroes' energy bar for backup in case I screw up in the later stages.
    What do you mean by filling up their energy bar?

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by bkweibley View Post
    What do you mean by filling up their energy bar?
    Let's Imagine that your main crusade team will be something like that Mystic/Chapp/FM/DM/DK (only to put a sample).

Then, usually, your first 3 wars are easy and you can pass without using any ultimate (or maybe only DM/DK).

If you start with something like DM/DK/Chapp/Phoenix and Old Course and don't use any ultimate, surely will end round with 2-3 heroes ready to cast his US, remove them and replace with another heroes that does good damge with his us or gives control (Succubus, Machinist for his damage, VS or DV for his petrify/sleep, even CloudWalker/AS/Panda) and keep replacing heroes that are ready to ulitmate with new ones. While you can keep winnning easily, keep charging heroes from most useful to less useful (warchief and Posion One, to say something, are not important ones, concentrate on trying to have phoenix (one button win), a bunch of mages with powerful AOE damage(succubus, Machinist, EB...) or a few CC mages (DV/VS/OC) ready.

On round 4 till you can, keep main team and don't use the ones you have charged, then, if a battle goes wrong and you end without DM/DK charged, or don't know why you put Chapp US and after first heal all opponents are dead (so you have your characters at low life and your chapplain without energy) or simply opponent is too strong and you can pass the battle in good conditions, you have a good pool of "one-round-win".

If after a dozen tries I can't pass a round without losing 2-3 heroes, I usually replace one with a CC unit (OC to say something, start with freeze and usually, the seconds of slow and freeze gives enough time to DK/DM to charge and launch US and saves me that stage.
    If even with OC is not enough, 2 CC (something like start with VS petrify, then a few seconds later OC freeze, when DK/DM are not ready helps to end a round with DM/DK/Chapp at full energy at the cost of spending 2 ulitmates.).

Phoenix has one of the best US, a hard round can turn really easy starting with phoenix ultimate, adding Mystic and FM to the team means Phoenix can kill all heroes alone (sometimes)

If you got luck on first stages, you should have 4+ more heroes charged, one round with all mages casting his ultimates is a put autofigth and see if everyone dies...

Doing that gives you usually 2 (maybe 3) free extra rounds. Using Phoenix on 14 and all mages at 15 means that you only need to try to end 13 in good conditions.

Sometimes first rounds are not so easy and you can't charge all your mages (or do it at with only 1/4 health), that's still better that don't have it.

Remember that sometimes an insane hard round 11, an unexpected end of a war, a mistake casting Chapp or DM ult and opponents die in same second can ruin a Crusade, having a few backup heroes charged and ready to cast Ultimate can convert a 12/15 in a 15/15.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    btw, can silencer's ulti shut out pheonix's one even if he was already using it? thinking of whether to invest in him.
    yes..silencer's ulti can shut down phoenix ulti. silencer is worth for investment, in terms of arena and GA, not for crusade

New Comers
    hello everyone ? when do you recommend to start hard mode crusade ? at which level ? Hello everyone please help me with one Problem. I am a level 51 and want to start Hard mode ? can i beat them till 10 ? an i able to win being level 51 ? are there heroes above my level ? or its the same ?

Thanks I don't think he's a priority for me for now so I'll hold my gold first.

so today i got sick of using dk he's too slow and i always had to take care of him while using him so i hired a ninja instead. he took down 3-4 enemies in every round even pheonix that requires 3 extra hits after my oc froze enemies. I should have been using it long ago.

hi it depends on how many and what heroes you have, you should always do hard because as long as you complete at least 9 it would be well worth it.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    You can use phoenix as your insurance in crusade
    Are you playing on server 59 and looking for a guild ?
    Feel free to join us
    Rep.indo.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I've been running into these hiccups lately during hard crusade. I can usually complete it most days, but how do I deal withe those constant stream of CW,FD,EB,COMM teams? I usually have a few magic burst teams prepared but after using those teams, having to face this team constantly is very difficult. Usually my good teams have been crippled from facing them to many times. What I would like to know is what are some good teams I can piece together to face this repeated threat? Keep in mind that the magic burst characters have been used. Keep in mind that the FM,IM,Phoenix, mystic have been used.

Quote Originally Posted by sigma20xx View Post
    I've been running into these hiccups lately during hard crusade. I can usually complete it most days, but how do I deal withe those constant stream of CW,FD,EB,COMM teams? I usually have a few magic burst teams prepared but after using those teams, having to face this team constantly is very difficult. Usually my good teams have been crippled from facing them to many times. What I would like to know is what are some good teams I can piece together to face this repeated threat? Keep in mind that the magic burst characters have been used. Keep in mind that the FM,IM,Phoenix, mystic have been used.
    With DM, FM, Mystic, OC, and Chap, do the following: Against teams with Com, start DM's ulti right before Com's stun arrow hits. This ensures that DM is the hero in the front. If you start DM's ulti right at the beginning of the battle, OC or FM will stand in front of DM, which pretty much ensure that they'll die before you finish 15/15. Next, use FM's ulti right when EB casts his magic shield, this will ensure that FM's ulti will hit EB, FD, and whatever tank. This will generally take care of EB and FD. Cast OC's ulti if it's available. Do not use Mystic's ulti. Heal if needed with Chap.

At the end of that battle, DM's energy should be charged, and FM's energy might be fully charged, or maybe not. If not, for the next battle, follow the same sequence, but instead of FM's ulti, cast Mystic's ulti. It's generally better to save the heal for when Mystic has to use his ulti, because your team will be taking more damage at that point because EB will have used his purple skill. If FM's ulti is up, use it, if not, use Mystic. Don't use both at the same time.

Your first 5-6 battles should be spend charging heroes up, Mac, Phoenix, IM, CW, VS, DV, etc. Anyone with burst damage or cc. During the charge up period, keep DM, FM, Mystic in the lineup, even if they are charged up, their buff ensures that DM's ulti will hit hard. Just don't use FM or Mystic's ulti in the beginning, it's not needed, DM's ulti is enough. For the rest of the battle, use the sequence mentioned above, and if you encounter any really tough patches, sub in your arena team with some burst damage to clear them.

i think constant teams with IH is even more annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    i think constant teams with IH is even more annoying.
    If you're using DM and enemy does not have Com, you can time it right to where DM will do her green skill, Swarm of Bats, which will take down some of IH's blue sill, War Charge (team shield), and then you can do DM's ulti before IH does his stun. You basically need to do DM's ulti right when you see the animation for the Swarm of Bats to get DM's ulti off before she gets stunned.

I will do that next time thanks. they usually have both com and IH though. I've only faced constant IH teams once before so not much of a problem.