Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Team Setup for Crusade

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Well, im now 83 lvl and have been using this setup since lvl 80: Mystic p4 5*, WC p4 5*, Chaplain p1 4*, WS P4 4* and DM p3 3* ; i gotta say that this setup was easier for me than getting an powerful OC and a highstar DB in the team. And it really rocks the hard crusade everyday, without losing any hero to the last 2-3 chapters. As you guys know, it is harder to beat the last 3 chaps, and this setup gets broken without a tank aganist real bad heroes in last chaps. Anyway, still rocks them hard too but u might need to use some good tanks in the last ones. Costs me 8-9 heroes generally to beat all episodes, thought it might be useful to type it here for the people who have insufficient heroes like me. You could give a try to this line up if you havent found a better way yet

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by korendir View Post
    Do not be afraid to try, there is a button called "Demote" that lets you go back down to normal mode if you think its too hard (you just can't go back to hard after that until you reset again). Most importantly , remember to retreat its your best friend if something goes wrong. Use it well, and you can also swap heroes in and out depending on your current opponent. Also check out your guild mercenaries for help depending on your line up.

I'm around 56 myself and I generally finish 15/15 - sometimes all hard mode sometimes I have to demote at 11 onwards , its rather luck dependant as well considering the opponents
    Demote does not help much. Usually by then, if you feel like you have to demote, your main heroes have lost some hp. That is what makes it hard for me, going against really tough teams in late stages that come in at full health. You can't count on your heroes being at full energy either, contrary to how easy people on here make it sound. The thing about hard mode is the rewards are much better. You don't have to be able to finish to make it worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
    For the past couple of days on Crusade I have been starting with opponents that are anywhere from 2 to 4 levels higher than my starting team. My Team is level 58 and this morning my opponent was team level 61. This was the starting encounter. That usually takes two waves to clear. That leaves me with my second and third string heroes to try and continue. This has happened three days in a row now. My arena team is the same as my Crusade team. This sucks. When you get higher levels does it screw you for Crusades or is there some magic combination.
    My team is level 55 with heroes 53-54. Here's what I have faced in hard mode so far today:

1. Levels 44-45, 3* Lightning Elemental, 3* Vengeance Spirit, 3* Master Mage, 2* Phoenix, 2* Shadowleaf
    2. Level 46, 3* Deathgore, 2* Phoenix, 1* Arcane Sapper, 2* Commando, 2* Chaplain
    3. Levels 45-47, 3* Brute, 2* Arcane Sapper, 2* Old Curse, 2* Commando, 2* Phoenix
    4. Levels 49-50, 2* Death Mage, 3* Succubus, 2* Phoenix, 3* Commando, 2* Shadowleaf
    5. Levels 47-50, 3* Brute, 2* Old Curse, 2* Phoenix, 4* Commando, 3* Wind Master
    6. Level 49, 3* Iron Hoof, 3* Succubus, 2* Old Curse, 2* Phoenix, 3* Commando
    7. Level 51, 2* War Chief (purple), 2* Old Curse, 2* Phoenix, 2* Commando (purple), 2* Shadowleaf
    8. Level 51, 2* War Chief (purple), 3* Old Curse, 3* Phoenix, 4* Commando, 2* Shadowleaf
    9. Levels 49-51, 3* Brute, 2* Old Curse, 2* Phoenix, 2* Commando (purple), 3* Wind Master (purple)
    10. Levels 49-51, 2* War Chief (purple), 3* Old Curse, 3* Frost Mage (purple), 2* Silencer (purple), 3* Mystic
    11. Levels 50-51, 2* War Chief (purple), 3* Fallen Dominion, 3* Old Curse, 3* Vengeance Spirit, 3* Commando (purple)
    12. Level 52, 2* War Chief (purple), 3* Phoenix (purple), 2* Old Curse, 4* Commando (purple), 2* Shadowleaf
    13. Level 52, 3* Brute (purple), 3* Fallen Dominion, 2* Vanguard Warrior (purple), 3* Phoenix (purple), 2* Emberstar (purple)

Managed to sacrifice a backup tank and get through 12, but I doubt my team has enough left to deal with three tanks, a phoenix and a tank-killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorn View Post
    Demote does not help much. Usually by then, if you feel like you have to demote, your main heroes have lost some hp. That is what makes it hard for me, going against really tough teams in late stages that come in at full health. You can't count on your heroes being at full energy either, contrary to how easy people on here make it sound. The thing about hard mode is the rewards are much better. You don't have to be able to finish to make it worth doing.
    I agree that demote doesn't always help, but in general hard mode isn't that hard to beat with a DM team and some back up heroes (with grand arena, you generally have quite some back ups anyway).

I also retreat the hell out of fights a lot. sometimes trying several different variations to minimize loss. This is especially true against CW enemies where a lucky clone can screw you up a lot etc. I've also found that using your ultimates at slightly different times can make a big difference (sometimes it isn't always best to release ultimate at the start if you can't kill them fast enough)

Indeed though even if you do 13/15 hardmode its still better rewards than 15/15 normal

Silver Member Contributor Level 4 Pendragone's Avatar
    Hi one quick question I am 63 and need a 3rd tank for hard mode crusade, I currently have WC admiral and shallow, can devellop one of this two the brute or deathgore?

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I have a hard time to know what heroes to take to Crusades.
    I only succeeded once to complet it and i am lvl 50 now and my heroes are 45 below.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    At higher level, my thought process on Crusade is centered around DM: (I don't have DB)
    main fire power - DM
    increase DM attack - FM, LS, Commando, Mystic
    reduce team damage taken - OC. Tanks and VS as backup.
    healing - Chaplain
    Normal mode - a no brainer.
    Hard mode - need to adjust(reduce) fire power to drag the fight long enough to recharge DM, and hopefully OC and FM. I usually avoid Commando as it increase the speed of killing enemies.
    Charging up other characters in first 6 fights are important. Healing management is important. Retreat is your best friend.
    Retreat IS your best friend!

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorn View Post
    My team is level 55 with heroes 53-54. Here's what I have faced in hard mode so far today:

1. Levels 44-45, 3* Lightning Elemental, 3* Vengeance Spirit, 3* Master Mage, 2* Phoenix, 2* Shadowleaf
    2. Level 46, 3* Deathgore, 2* Phoenix, 1* Arcane Sapper, 2* Commando, 2* Chaplain
    3. Levels 45-47, 3* Brute, 2* Arcane Sapper, 2* Old Curse, 2* Commando, 2* Phoenix
    4. Levels 49-50, 2* Death Mage, 3* Succubus, 2* Phoenix, 3* Commando, 2* Shadowleaf
    5. Levels 47-50, 3* Brute, 2* Old Curse, 2* Phoenix, 4* Commando, 3* Wind Master
    6. Level 49, 3* Iron Hoof, 3* Succubus, 2* Old Curse, 2* Phoenix, 3* Commando
    7. Level 51, 2* War Chief (purple), 2* Old Curse, 2* Phoenix, 2* Commando (purple), 2* Shadowleaf
    8. Level 51, 2* War Chief (purple), 3* Old Curse, 3* Phoenix, 4* Commando, 2* Shadowleaf
    9. Levels 49-51, 3* Brute, 2* Old Curse, 2* Phoenix, 2* Commando (purple), 3* Wind Master (purple)
    10. Levels 49-51, 2* War Chief (purple), 3* Old Curse, 3* Frost Mage (purple), 2* Silencer (purple), 3* Mystic
    11. Levels 50-51, 2* War Chief (purple), 3* Fallen Dominion, 3* Old Curse, 3* Vengeance Spirit, 3* Commando (purple)
    12. Level 52, 2* War Chief (purple), 3* Phoenix (purple), 2* Old Curse, 4* Commando (purple), 2* Shadowleaf
    13. Level 52, 3* Brute (purple), 3* Fallen Dominion, 2* Vanguard Warrior (purple), 3* Phoenix (purple), 2* Emberstar (purple)

Managed to sacrifice a backup tank and get through 12, but I doubt my team has enough left to deal with three tanks, a phoenix and a tank-killer.
    13 stages and havent faced even one team highter then yours ??? At 9 or 10 at max I always fight teams 2 or 3 levels highter then my team :l

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragone View Post
    Hi one quick question I am 63 and need a 3rd tank for hard mode crusade, I currently have WC admiral and shallow, can devellop one of this two the brute or deathgore?
    None, dont even bother with any of them, they're useless. Why do you even need a 3rd tank if you have 3 tanks already ? You mean 4th ?

Quote Originally Posted by sarinvx View Post
    13 stages and havent faced even one team highter then yours ??? At 9 or 10 at max I always fight teams 2 or 3 levels highter then my team :l
    I guess you enchanted your gear - and Glorn didn't.
    That's a lot of teampower difference, thus giving you higher opponents and Glorn lower level ones.

Yeah, I only started enchanting when I got to purple (now team level 59). It is amazing -- from team level 1 to 59, guess how many tanks I had drop from random chests and crusades? One - Warrior Mage, and he's barely a tank. I've had a lot of hero drops. Most of them were heroes I already had, often heroes that were not high priority. Like Cleric. If I started over again, I'd work on 80-stone tanks as early as possible. My decision was to hope for a lucky drop + that did not work. Got War Chief and Savage One the hard way. I run into soooooooooooo many Brutes and Fallen Dominions in crusades, and they leave my team torn up well before the end. Absolutely no issue finishing regular crusades. Hard mode, never gotten past 13 and feel lucky to get that far.

New Comers
    I'm currently team level 40 and going okay at best in crusade but really need another tank. Currently I hire brute as mercenary as no1 has any other tanks in guild, my heroes are:
    3* wind master
    2* shadow leaf
    The rest 1* admiral, chaplain, commando, shallows keeper, emberstar, lighting master, cleric, forest guardian.

At the moment I'm getting souls for dk and commando, but not really sure what I should run with or if I'm getting souls for the best team.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

hmm... interesting

Very good post. I clear all stages daily with only needing to use my 2nd tier team on the last few rounds. I'm level 74 but the heros I use are only lv 69 with 3 starts. I use both cleric and Champlain in conjunction the majority of the time. If my guys have filling health and chaplain is powered up I leave her out and put in Cloud walker, my basic set up is the 2 healers, brute, commando and shadow leaf. Also, restart is the most valuable tool. Sometimes half way through the crusade stage 7/8 I go into battle and my team is taking damage that my healers cannot keep up with, I restart at the first sign of trouble and renegotiate my set up, maybe that particular battle demands lots of power and quick kills so the opponent doesn't have a chance to ultimate- if so I take out both my healers and put in Phoenix and cloud walker. Or if the battle is proving to be bloody I'll pull out my top team and use my second string tank (that pirate chick), she takes the damage instead of brute and then he's still strong going into lv 14/15. For the last week or so I haven't even had to hire a merc, I used to and it's a good resource, if I mess up and brute gets bashed midway through and I'm just left with Captain chances are they are gonna eat her up before the end, so I hire out.

Quote Originally Posted by sarinvx View Post
    I don't know what the opposing team levels were, just listed the hero levels. In the 50s a lot of teams have a big gap between team level and hero levels.