Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Team Setup for Crusade

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    EB FM COM DM MYSTIC are my main... I put in AS for heavy mage set up moving out FM.. putting in IH if they only got DM or 2 mage in the team to reduce the wave damage... and I put in VW for team with AS replacung commando at this point... always retreat if you recieved heavy damage and change heroes... always conserve HP till 13/15 I don't really use chap because I always retreat and change heroes that will work if I recieve heavy damages... never failed 15/15 crusade since I got DM from lucky chest... I never used DK or chaplain... so the real queen and king crusade are not DK and chaplain... it's DM and mystic

New Comers
    Recently I started clearing Hard Crusade 15/15, it's not easy and I use a lot of retreats. What I noticed is that the more I use retreat button the more garbage drops I'm getting as if the drop pattern is changing for worse every time I use this function.
    I didn't receive hero card for a long time and I'm mostly getting from 2 to 14 ss of Cleric, Admiral, Sniper and alike.
    Anybody else has ever experienced that too?

New Comers
    Yes same experience. A lot crap drops. Just white green and blue useless gear. Best is that i have 83 lvl but my team has 78 max and just 4 heroes above purple +2 . I cant beat 11-15 nodes cos enemys has purple +4 or even orange. Impossible to beat. Not everyona has some great luck get heroes 3*.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4 dark-angel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red~Herc View Post
    Recently I started clearing Hard Crusade 15/15, it's not easy and I use a lot of retreats. What I noticed is that the more I use retreat button the more garbage drops I'm getting as if the drop pattern is changing for worse every time I use this function.
    I didn't receive hero card for a long time and I'm mostly getting from 2 to 14 ss of Cleric, Admiral, Sniper and alike.
    Anybody else has ever experienced that too?
    I always have chaplain and disease bringer in my main team, both of them are healers + disease bringer summon an extra tank, so i don't even need a tank, the other 3 heroes are DPS heroes: I use monkey + Fallen dominion+ Death Mage. Now ninja assassin already released in guild, I switch him with FD him cuz he can kill back line fast. Really, the key is Chaplain and Disease bringer, without them it would make crusade much harder. as long as you have both of them you will max hard crusade 15/15 everyday. To me, I get it done in about 12 to 15 minutes everyday. without replacing my main team. Others heroes are remain alive and full energy. ( cuz i don't use them, my main team sweeps the crusade very fast, still I max energy for another 10 heroes in the first 3 or 4 stages just in case i need them)

Also, if Disease bringer summons a tank at a middle line of the enemy it will stun the whole opponent team. + They are most likely focusing on the giant tank, save you time for DPS heroes finish them up. It work wonderful in crusade. Try it out and let me know.

Best;
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leader of "1st Dark G" Guild on server 44- Malak

With a level 47 team, I'm doing 15/15 by hiring Iron Hoof from guild and relying on Wind Master, Commando, Old Curse and Succubus. Remove Succubus or Commando for Chaplain to charge up heal or to use it if needed. Key substitutes include Phoenix, Lightning Elemental, Mystic and Shadowleaf. Sometimes I sacrifice a backup tank if a particular matchup damages IH too much. Work hard to keep your top 10 heroes at max level with full skill points. It makes all the difference.

If your team is strong enough, you kill fast enough and take less damage. Kill fast enough, you have a lot of full energy bars.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Is this a pre-DM/DK guide, or can DM just not tank past the 70s?(I'm 72 and she can almost solo-tank the whole thing). Does Arena Rank have anything to do with treasure? I've read people saying yes and no :/

She can tank everystage of lvl in the game. DK is a great tank for HC, solid backup to have.

I do HC everyday in 5 mins since lvl 80 with DM/OC/MYST/FM/CHAP ( or DK ). Just charge a physical team on the second fight ( panda/vs/cw/as/leaf or chap if team dies too fast and energy not loaded )
    The 3rd fight is for a third team to load mach/phoenix and DK and after walk with main team still lvl 13/14 then use burst loaded.

I switch DK if i face IH, if DM not loaded or if FM is too weak and need a fast heal who can't come fast.
    But HC was a pain till the beginning from now and because i was a way way too tight and retreat too much.

New Comers
    hello I am lvl 45 and start getting troubles with crusade, it stopts at 13. And i start wondering if I can start the hard crusade.

I got the next heroes but I am not sure what to use...

Lvl 45

- lightning element blue 2
    - succubus blue 2
    - fallen dominion blue 2
    - admiral blue 2
    - shadowlead blue 2
    - commando blue 2
    - frost mage blue 2
    - death mage blue 2
    - shadow shamam blue 2
    - Ice mage blue 2
    - chaplain blue 2
    - vanguard warrior blue 2

lvl 40

- emberstar
    - lightning master
    -

lvl 39
    - tusked storm
    - machinist
    - light bringer
    - forest guardian

lvl 1

- imperial executioneer
    - physic sword
    - lightning spirit
    - sniper

I am trying to get warchief asap because i really need a new tank. Also trying to get old curse.

with crusade I try to hire the best tank possible.

Who can help me out what line up to use best. Is it possible to use my heroes for the hard crusade?

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    I've noticed that to proceed without so many problem you have to:

1) deploy at least 3 Tank (I'll use Admiral, Swallows Keeper and War Chief);
    2) use a healer (Chaplain is the best, but the Cleric with his immunizing spells is also useful);
    3) a back that deal immediataly damage at the start of the round (Commando's best).

New Comers
    for crusade i like use dk, dm, fm, chaplin, and commando. If u dont have dk. Buy in merchant. Its very usefull

Quote Originally Posted by Jugguernaut View Post
    I've noticed that to proceed without so many problem you have to:

1) deploy at least 3 Tank (I'll use Admiral, Swallows Keeper and War Chief);
    2) use a healer (Chaplain is the best, but the Cleric with his immunizing spells is also useful);
    3) a back that deal immediataly damage at the start of the round (Commando's best).
    Is there a point where Cleric is more useful? I quit leveling him back at 60 because he died so fast. Had way too many more useful heroes to level.

What is the consensus on the best death mage tank team? I'm at level 75. Just got my death knight as a crusade drop, still building him up.

I have settled into renting DK from guild and relying on DK | DM | FM | Mystic | Chaplain/Commando.

Always end up with many variations, subbing in OC, CW, AS, DB, SL, EB, VS, Succubus, Phoenix, and backup tanks. Sometimes the oddest combos will solve a tricky matchup. I can never understand when AS is going to die in a flash, or heal up and destroy everything. Just have to try him.

FM and OC are vulnerable to taking late damage, such as that last-gasp stab from WC, or Succubus's AOE with 1% health. They never seem to last long without plenty of substitution.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorn View Post
    Is there a point where Cleric is more useful? I quit leveling him back at 60 because he died so fast. Had way too many more useful heroes to level.

What is the consensus on the best death mage tank team? I'm at level 75. Just got my death knight as a crusade drop, still building him up.

I have settled into renting DK from guild and relying on DK | DM | FM | Mystic | Chaplain/Commando.

Always end up with many variations, subbing in OC, CW, AS, DB, SL, EB, VS, Succubus, Phoenix, and backup tanks. Sometimes the oddest combos will solve a tricky matchup. I can never understand when AS is going to die in a flash, or heal up and destroy everything. Just have to try him.

FM and OC are vulnerable to taking late damage, such as that last-gasp stab from WC, or Succubus's AOE with 1% health. They never seem to last long without plenty of substitution.
    1) Cleric, of course, have to be behind 2 tank;
    2) I've not understand what would you say... My lvl 70 DM does a lot of damage;
    3-4-5) I agree with you.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Question about DM: can Hard Crusade be cleared on levels 70-80 without a good Death Mage and the right setup?

I have a DK, and rent a DM from my guild, but I'm leveling up faster than their DMs. Current level is 70, best DM is 66 (and only 2 star). I really don't want to invest in DM, as I would rather put Grand Arena points toward a 4* FD. I have easily cleared hard crusade every day. Can I skip DM, or rent a crappy one and continue to clear?

Heros:

All heros are P+1 and levels 69 or 70 unless noted:
    5* Commando
    5* Mystic
    5* Phoenix

4* OC (P+2)
    4* Cloudwalker

3* Chaplain
    3* War Chief (almost 4*)
    3* Savage One
    3* Shallows (lvl 68)
    3* DK

3* Shadowleaf
    3* Fallen Dominion
    3* LG
    3* Succubus
    3* Arcane Sapper

3* Rifleman
    2* Machinist (lvl 67)
    3* Frost Mage (lvl 65)

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Great read, thanks!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossClown View Post
    I just did my first 15/15 run of Crusade today (Lvl36 team). I was literally stuck on never really getting past 10/15 up until one of the chests from Crusade gave me a Death Mage. The moment I got her to Blue, I sweeped Crusade. It was AWESOME. But now I have a question. Should I get Frost Mage with my crusade points or should I just evolve Commando first? If I do get Frost Mage, what would be a good team setup? I currently have:

Admiral [Blue], WM [Blue +1], Shadowleaf [Blue +1], DM [Blue], Commando [Blue], Chaplain [Blue], Emberstar [Blue], Lightning Master [Blue], Mystic [Green], Forest Guardian [Green +1]
    Get Commando to 4* at least before you screw with any other Crusade heros. Possibly even 5*. After that, I'd go Phoenix / Mystic, Frost Mage much later. I believe Frost Mage isn't considered that great until at least purple. You will get a lot of utility out of Phoenix in your 30s and 40s and 50s, esp. in arena.