Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide : How to raise money

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Guide : How to raise money

So, the big question: how to get the money to upgrade your skills ???

1. When leveling up heroes you can use :
    EXP potion/EXP salve/EXP cheese
    Potion gives 60xp and sella for 400 therefore, you are paying 400/60=~6.5 coins per 1 exp
    Salves give 300xp and sell for 1200, 1200/300=4 per 1 xp
    Cheese gives 1500xp and sells for 4000; 4000/1500=~2.5 per 1xp

This means that when leveling heroes you shld always start with the cheese then the salves and only afterwards the potions. In most cases if you are fcousing on your best heroes you will end up with a lot of extra potions and maybe salves too. You can sell these for a lot of money. I basically sell all my potions everyday earning 50k or more everyday.

2. Enchanting: first of all, dont enchant anything before you are at least Blue+1. Enchanting items gives a temporary boost to your items which is lost once you promote your hero. You are given some vials once u promote but they dont even make up for half of what u had spent. Also enchanting gives a TEMPORARY slight bonus, say +7 physical attack, if your char has 700 attack, that is a 1% increase in atk. I would say that 1 shld only enchant after leveling up skills and having equipped the current level items considering skills are permanent(also slight increase in dmg per lvl).

3. Guild and mercenary camp ; a thing about the employment of other heroes is that someone cannot employ a hero which is higher in level than his team level. I am lvl 46 and in a guild where 60% are all lvl 44, therefore I keep my best 2 heroes at lvl 44 so many guildmates have access to them. This gains me about 20-30k everyday. Keep in mind that you have to provide the best and maot appelaing heroes if you want your guild mates to emply them. Meaning, high lvl skills and enchanted equipment.

4. Time rift: both time rifts are a way how to get a lot of money. One of them is aimed solely at getting money and gives 100k per run at difficulty 2. Note that they are not to hard to win and therefore i suggest you try them at the highest difficilty available for maximisation of profits. The second rift drops exp potions salves and cheese, whoch as i mentioned earlier can be sold for quite some money.

5. Do not waste mony on bronze chests cos it aint worth it.

6. Midas is ofc a way how to get money, i use it about 5-9 times a day. I suggest that if u like the game it is worth gtfing to VIP 1/2 just for th extra chances at midas. We have a flow of gems everyday which can be used on midas and maybe stamina if needed. I suggest to go for the monthly card which gives 120 gems daily for 30 days if ure willing to spend, its by far the most worth it offer imo.

7. Offcurse always spend money on the heroes you find most prominent and check out what more experiienced players are using and always take advice and do your homework before u lvl up soemthing.

8. Soul stones: they sell for 4000 each and csn be quite an emergency stash. However, you never know what you might need or want and therefor do not sell any souls stones unless you re absoultely sure u wont use that hero and you are in desperate need of money.

9. Crusade: this gives a lot of money if played rght so make some effort to devise a strategy that works well, you can find other thread which talj just about this.

10. Arena: the higher you rank in arena the more money you will get. However, read that the higher you ranking in arena, the harder crusade will be. So kind of a give and take. Will soon post more about this.
    Last edited by Evilgiz; 09-18-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 ArXs's Avatar
    Thanks for your big effort to create that guide.
    I was wondering if there is a real connection between your rank in the arena and the level of difficulty in Crusade. I would say it's random and depend on your current level only. Is there any evidence of your argumentation? Would be nice to know for further strategic plans.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Veddharta's Avatar
    Man this is an awesome guide +1000

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 joseph's Avatar
    Excellent guide!!

Tho I have one question tho. Regarding enchanting "Also enchanting gives a VERY slight bonus, say +7 physical attack, if your char has 700 attack, that is a 1% increase in atk. I would say that 1 shld only enchant after leveling up skills and having equipped the current level items.".

I tested enchanting on my admiral on two separate accounts and whether or not enchanting would give any bonus stat if I have enchanted the hero before promotion and if I did not. I noticed that they both got the same stat after the promotion. :S

May I know how you did the testing to find out if there has been a slight bonus? Thanks!
    Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any questions
    IGN = Ellabo - Lvl 54 (Server 4 - Chaplain) *Guild - Simplicity(ID: 4427)*
    IGN = Esuna- Lvl 46 (Server 4 - Chaplain) *Guild - Simplicity(ID: 4427)*
    IGN = Ellsuna Lvl 33 (Server 4 - Chaplain)
    IGN = Ughhhh - Lvl 49 (Server 5 - Sniper)
    Join our Heroes Charge Group! By Singaporeans, for Singaporeans! - Anyone can join!

Quote Originally Posted by joseph View Post

May I know how you did the testing to find out if there has been a slight bonus? Thanks!
    Think he was referring to a slight bonus while you get the upgraded gear on, not at promotion

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 joseph's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veddharta View Post
    Think he was referring to a slight bonus while you get the upgraded gear on, not at promotion
    Oooh right! It could be read the other way round tho! hahah!

Thanks for clarifying then

**SHY**
    Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any questions
    IGN = Ellabo - Lvl 54 (Server 4 - Chaplain) *Guild - Simplicity(ID: 4427)*
    IGN = Esuna- Lvl 46 (Server 4 - Chaplain) *Guild - Simplicity(ID: 4427)*
    IGN = Ellsuna Lvl 33 (Server 4 - Chaplain)
    IGN = Ughhhh - Lvl 49 (Server 5 - Sniper)
    Join our Heroes Charge Group! By Singaporeans, for Singaporeans! - Anyone can join!

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 tyrant160's Avatar

very nice guide +1 on this.

u just opened my eyes to a mistake i just made while leveling my characters. i have markov and tala as my best and im the second highest level in my guild. only ones did i see me gain money from sending my character. and thats when i was in sync with everyone elses level. now i know why i dont make money. :-(

on top of that i dont like promoting my characters until i know i have 100k gold, full set of stamina and atleast 2 levels above after i could get the last gear. promotion means u will have to re-equip with weapons u may not have or levels that u cannot achieve so fast. right now each of my characters have either 2 or 1 missing weapon but not because i dont have them its because they are 9 levels till i can equip them. WTF is that? is there a max level? 9 levels for me to equip a weapon making me so impatient.

i noticed on weekends u get more tries for the rift and trials. sunday they all opened up. crusade is hell right now i dont likey.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilgiz View Post
    3. Guild and mercenary camp ; a thing about the employment of other heroes is that someone cannot employ a hero which is higher in level than his team level. I am lvl 46 and in a guild where 60% are all lvl 44, therefore I keep my best 2 heroes at lvl 44 so many guildmates have access to them. This gains me about 20-30k everyday. Keep in mind that you have to provide the best and maot appelaing heroes if you want your guild mates to emply them. Meaning, high lvl skills and enchanted equipment.
    Wut, that's the whole point of hiring a mercenary, get someone stronger than you to give you the necessary boost to 3 star or complete a stage. What were they thinking? Didn't know this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilgiz View Post
    Yeah, I used to like opening these. No more.

Bronze crest?

5. Do not waste mony on bronze chests cos it aint worth it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the guide.

May I have more explaination on this statement. Im used to save money to buy 10x bronze chest because there is a chance of getting random Hero and stone. Btw i just started this game yesterday. N I think I already bought 7 set of 10x bronze chest for my 2 char, I got 3 heroes( one star). I believe that if we get a hero that we already have, then we will get the respective hero stone. I hope it true, im looking forward to evolve one of my 1 star hero. I just giving opinion on the advntges of the bronze crest. Hope u can further reply on the downside of buying the crest other than u can save money to upgrade skill.

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by emi7 View Post
    Thanks for the guide.

May I have more explaination on this statement. Im used to save money to buy 10x bronze chest because there is a chance of getting random Hero and stone. Btw i just started this game yesterday. N I think I already bought 7 set of 10x bronze chest for my 2 char, I got 3 heroes( one star). I believe that if we get a hero that we already have, then we will get the respective hero stone. I hope it true, im looking forward to evolve one of my 1 star hero. I just giving opinion on the advntges of the bronze crest. Hope u can further reply on the downside of buying the crest other than u can save money to upgrade skill.

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Ok I think there several aspects that count here

+ I' not sure but you may be confused between bronze and Golden chest bcuz bronze says (you buy 10, 1 blue ítem guaranteed) and Golden states (you buy 10, at least 1 héroe guaranteed)
    If this is the thing, then youre somehow right, the Golden chest ARE worth it at 10x purchases

+ the bronze are not that useful, bcuz if you dont start maxim skills your going to have a really hard time at higher levels, as your héroes will be weak and usseless no mather if youve got 20 héroes already

+ always the best bet is to sabe to buy 10x Golden chest and have better chances to obtain 3 star héroes right away, so you use your stamina to farm their gear instead of farming soul stones to evolve them

+ at some point in the game you will need to evolve and equip several heres, so as always, this matter is up to you and what best suits you

Quote Originally Posted by ArXs View Post
    Thanks for your big effort to create that guide.
    I was wondering if there is a real connection between your rank in the arena and the level of difficulty in Crusade. I would say it's random and depend on your current level only. Is there any evidence of your argumentation? Would be nice to know for further strategic plans.
    I only read this on another thread, but currently no evidence to support. Personally have doubts about this. Another theory I had is that the game takes your top 5 highest power heroes and adds that up together and gives you enemies with equivalent power. I think crusade is currently way too hard.

Yeah. U r right. This thread is all about raising money. Im a bit obsess to get new hero. Btw. I only up my skill when Im failed in the stages or when necessary. My skill level not that high. Anyway I still manage to pass the stages until my stamina used up. Huhu
    But I think I will face difficulties in the future. Should start maxing my skill. XD
    Thanks your response.

Banned Contributor Level 4
    Money drops really, really, really need to be increased. The main problem is when you get a new hero it takes forever to get their skills up. How much does it take to max skills of a level 40 character? A couple million gold? Not to mention that your "main" characters will not be keeping up while you up the skills of your new character.

For instance, I finally got Ice Mage about 5 days ago. She still isn't as powerful as my previous 5 heroes, and those five heroes cant grow or help me do better in Crusade or Arena because it costs so much to up the skills of the new hero. This means there is no way to play around with your hero set-up, as you can't waste gold leveling skills unless you know you want to use that hero forever.

Oh, and as far as the mercenary thing, yes you need to be able to hire people more powerful than you. Why would I spend 20k gold to hire someone less powerful? That just doesnt make any sense.

Xuu
    lvl 49 on Admiral Server
    core team: Brute, Chaplain, Ice Mage, Lightning Elemental, Commando.

Quote Originally Posted by joseph View Post
    Excellent guide!!

Tho I have one question tho. Regarding enchanting "Also enchanting gives a VERY slight bonus, say +7 physical attack, if your char has 700 attack, that is a 1% increase in atk. I would say that 1 shld only enchant after leveling up skills and having equipped the current level items.".

I tested enchanting on my admiral on two separate accounts and whether or not enchanting would give any bonus stat if I have enchanted the hero before promotion and if I did not. I noticed that they both got the same stat after the promotion. :S

The enchantments are lost on promotion(sorry if I was not clear). I was referring to the temporary increase in stats when equipped with enchanted equipment. It is also important to note that while all enchantment cost the same money, some enchantments are actually much more worth than others, eg, enchanting an item with physical crit and attack is more important than energy regen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant160 View Post
    on top of that i dont like promoting my characters until i know i have 100k gold, full set of stamina and atleast 2 levels above after i could get the last gear. promotion means u will have to re-equip with weapons u may not have or levels that u cannot achieve so fast. right now each of my characters have either 2 or 1 missing weapon but not because i dont have them its because they are 9 levels till i can equip them. WTF is that? is there a max level? 9 levels for me to equip a weapon making me so impatient.

i noticed on weekends u get more tries for the rift and trials. sunday they all opened up. crusade is hell right now i dont likey.
    Thanks a lot. Also, correct me if im wrong but you are saying that the temporary stats gained by your current equipment(especially if 3 star) would be greater than if you promote and have no equipment to equip. While I understand this, having only 1 or 2 items to equip usually makes up for all the past enchantments and therefore i prefer to promote when I can and most of the item I would already have 1/2 items to equip which is greater than the lost enchantments.