Thread: cheaters

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

cheaters

You have a contest in progress fair enough some players are using glitches that have not been addressed and are benefitting with troops beyond their level resources beyond what could be gathered or plundered under normal conditions, is this really a fair contest where you reward those who exploit problems rather than report them . question How can a player possibly have the resources under normal play to upgrade every building in his city when it takes millions in gold and goods to upgrade only one yet is upgrading 10 to 15 buildings at once with city almost maxed out . why should I even play if unfair advantage and reward is given to those who cheat . why would I waste my money on such an unfair game. Unless this situation is remedied I and I assume many others will consider it a waste of time and money to play
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator Contributor Level 10 Ember's Avatar
    Thanks for your report. We are already working on it.

Thanks for your report. We are already working on it. nice work now we have more using it kinda makes the game a farce no skill or strategy just cheat
    Attached Images Attached Images

blade.jpgmong1.jpgzeta.jpg
    i hope evony wil deal whit this players
    i understand is a Beta but you are loseing players over this
    take a guild name COE they can beat any one useing this bug and it makes the one not useing it give up playing i lost 12 players so far and they are not comeing back
    is sad beguess is a good game but not when you got players like this

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    The most popular cheat that I have identified is the use of alts as resource suppliers.

I have no doubt that pretty much everyone with full on level 8 walls and defenses upgraded to level 9 or higher use this method to acquire massive amounts of coins and food.

It seems to have become a necessity in order to compete at the highest levels.

Good luck to the Evony team on correcting that major flaw.

They can't even begin to get a handle on that one in either Age 1 or 2.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Alts are the ultimate flaw to anything Evony has as a product. There are ways to limit alts. Only allow 1 connection per IP address. If 2 people want to play, like my wife and I do, make them declare multiple connections in settings or somewhere and force them both to list the other player name. These accounts would be unable to farm each other or interact in any way except communication. To further make sure that they are playing fairly, do not allow them to attack any player if the other person from that same IP has done so in the last 48 hours.

Come on Evony! Several of us were discussing this in RC last night. Most people want to play with an even playing field and don't want to cheat. Your goal HAS to be to encourage the more casual player to stick around and feel they have a chance. I would think that 10k people spending moderate amounts of money will add up to more than 100 people spending a bunch.

The use of alts allows people to swap out placeholder cities in contested areas when their influence drops. This makes it impossible for battles to ever be won for getting control from the one that got there first. It also degrades the power and worth of guilds completely. Working together as a guild should get rewarded. That's the way it was when I played AgeI so long ago. But with bots and now all the alts both AgeI and AgeII are unplayable except for a few. I used to get 100's of packages in AgeII but when everyone started using alts they slowed to a trickle after the very early part of the game.

Fix this problem and it will be better for the players and quite possible for your income.

As an added note, even your moderator encouraged using alts and said he used one too...talk about stupid.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Alt's can be fixed easily, Evony just needs to confirm your email address before you can play, sending a mass mail to everyone and in that mail is a link to click, if you have 20 email addresses fine, but if you're using fakes and many do as they plan on selling their accounts later, then this will stop a lot of people scamming other for something of no real value apart from the user.

Other website requires confirmation, to join or post on forums, but Evony is to behind the times to realize this is a necessity now, would fix age 1 and age 2 I'm sure as well.

Thumbs up Speaking of exploiting flaws

Petro.jpgPetro2.jpgPetro3.jpg

This is my favorite guy. Miles from nowhere, no one even near him to fight for resources. He has $30,000,000 in walls from level 7 gold mines, and his total plunder take in stats is $862,000. Sure buddy, sure.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by flightsimdev_3264160 View Post
    Alt's can be fixed easily, Evony just needs to confirm your email address before you can play, sending a mass mail to everyone and in that mail is a link to click, if you have 20 email addresses fine, but if you're using fakes and many do as they plan on selling their accounts later, then this will stop a lot of people scamming other for something of no real value apart from the user.

Other website requires confirmation, to join or post on forums, but Evony is to behind the times to realize this is a necessity now, would fix age 1 and age 2 I'm sure as well.
    It takes only a minute to create an email address, sorry but this will not work.
    If you take a note from Facebook, they seem to block people that create to many accounts, then requiring them to use a cell phone to add another account. if you have used the same cell phone on other accounts it causes more problems. I am not sure how they do it but it would help put a limit on them.

FUKEM.jpg

Here's another dude, $8 million in plunder stats, $30+ million in walls and $6 million in statues, 459 honor, low level hero. Exactly how widespread is this problem?

your right Eugene
    but that seems like it the only way to get ahead. so what about heavytek, and all the alliances named similarly. having multiple acts just to collect resources for you seems to be ok. as long as we all play on same field by same rules, there r 4 ways to get ahead.....use a resource glitch, have 10-50 acts u collect from have a hack for gems, or just spend 1k dollars for 12500 gems. if your trying to attract people to spend $1k just so they can bully people around, doesn't seem like a good business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
    Thanks for your report. We are already working on it.
    hi my name IS DELUVINA