Thread: Match picking idea

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Match picking idea

currently their are a few bugs to sort out.

Instead of picking matches solely on a honor based system. What about using TH level?
    1) big players are dropping honor just to get a match-this will stop the smaller players getting annihilated and quiting.
    a) If a player chooses to fight someone with a bigger TH the honor gained will be greater than the current 22.
    b) If a player with a higher TH decides to match with a smaller TH they will loose honor
    c) If a player fights a player with drastically lower honor than them the current honor system should carry on

Just a little idea- to try and balance the game a little.

To piggy-back on this subject, I've always felt that the honor (Match) system was always one that could be improved. Especially with players being allowed to change realms to restake their claims (so to speak). To have lvl-4 and lvl-5 vs lvl's 8-9-10 they truly have little chance in the long run. Just because a lvl-8 city honor was lowered to that of a lvl-5 player does not mean these two cities are reasonable fair Match play.
    Rather than whined about it, I would like to offer my suggestion as well.

Allow a player to Match play by TH no more than two levels down, and up as many as two levels. That gives a range of five levels to Match play, it will cluster those that are somewhat common, and give players range goals in increments while knowing that their honor is not going to be depleted through Match play by players they have no chance of revenging.

Hopefully this help generate newer ideas about Match play or even an intermingling of the two ideas.

Everyone please feel free to offer your constructive criticism.

If I'm way off base about the intent of Match play sorry for wasting everyone's time.

iam getting screwed by bigger player 10X my size with there city maxed out., i have only been playing for 1 month and cant move anywhere. i move up, i get farmed, i stay still i get farmed. iam down to 119 honnor i lost the last 5 out matches by defending. i dont care how you fix this crap but do it!

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    There have been match attacks with 1 unit. The match attacker is losing on purpose to lower his honor. I am sure there are ways to counter this and here is one. If the attacker does NOT attack with units equal to his total housing space, add 20 points to his honor.
    I reject about 20 match choices before I choose the one I want. Losing coins because you DON'T want to take the match offered does NOT seem fair when we can't choose the match we want ? Why not enter the TH level we want to match ? or play down to and up to ?

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    It was suggested early in the closed beta that matches be determined by player level, which is easily the most relevant metric for the purpose. Instead, they continue to use a measurement that can be gamed to the advantage of players who ALREADY have a decided edge in battle.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say I'll never spend another penny on this game because of this issue. But I'm not concerned about having to make that decision any time soon. After all, I've already decided not to spend another penny until they demonstrate an interest in fixing the things that have been broken since day one, or the many other things that have been broken with each 'improved' version foisted upon us.

edit: corrected typo

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by <RHN>killtwitter View Post
    There have been match attacks with 1 unit. The match attacker is losing on purpose to lower his honor. I am sure there are ways to counter this and here is one. If the attacker does NOT attack with units equal to his total housing space, add 20 points to his honor.
    I see some obvious way to abuse this in the other direction... 10000 honor, here we come?